LegacyGT.com

AVO Turbo Kit for non-turbo Subaru

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the impreza rs is a push type clutch, the same as our 2.5i's, i think the turbos only have the pull type clutch. and im pretty sure that all subaru n/a 2.5s have the same clutch and flywheel assembly. i had a 99 legacy gt and installed a 99 impreza rs upgraded clutch and flywheel.

Hey there is nothing work with the 4EAT at all. Do not hate.

... What? I think you meant "nothing wrong"

the impreza rs is a push type clutch, the same as our 2.5i's, i think the turbos only have the pull type clutch. and im pretty sure that all subaru n/a 2.5s have the same clutch and flywheel assembly. i had a 99 legacy gt and installed a 99 impreza rs upgraded clutch and flywheel.
This may or may not be true. I emailed Exedy, and here is what they had to say:

Jon, Thank you for your interest in Exedy products. For your model the only performance clutch is the stage 1. The only way one of the other clutches will work is if you change your transmission as well. We do have a hyper single plate clutch in the works which will be rated for 350 ft/lbs of torque, but it is still in beta testing at the moment. Please contact me if you have any other questions.

Sincerely, Evan Cline

Technical Coordinator-Aftermarket

www.exedyusa.com

Rather than buy a clutch and have it not be compatible, I'd rather wait for a hyper clutch kit!! 350 ft/lbs ftw.

Edit: I followed up by asking when he estimated the release date of this hyper clutch kit would be and he said midsummer hopefully.

does push and pull pertain to the clutch engagement i.e the clutch is pull to engage or pushed to engaged ????

... What? I think you meant "nothing wrong"

This may or may not be true. I emailed Exedy, and here is what they had to say:

Jon, Thank you for your interest in Exedy products. For your model the only performance clutch is the stage 1. The only way one of the other clutches will work is if you change your transmission as well. We do have a hyper single plate clutch in the works which will be rated for 350 ft/lbs of torque, but it is still in beta testing at the moment. Please contact me if you have any other questions.

Sincerely, Evan Cline

Technical Coordinator-Aftermarket

www.exedyusa.com

Rather than buy a clutch and have it not be compatible, I'd rather wait for a hyper clutch kit!! 350 ft/lbs ftw.

Edit: I followed up by asking when he estimated the release date of this hyper clutch kit would be and he said midsummer hopefully.

Well it will be out before the kit I bet you that :cool::mad::spin::lol:;)

OK - while DarkOblivion is changing his boxers :lol:, I have a new question!

I am curious if there would be any issues running this kit with a PZEV Legacy. I cannot think of any immediate issues off the top of my head, but I am just wondering if this is something that has been considered.

Should be no issues with PZEV... I'll make sure I get AccessPort ROMs for PZEV cars.

Sean S.

http://www.RalliTEK.com

The issue with aftermarket headers will be simple - will they match up with the stock flange location (and standard flange), or will it have a custom setup with matching exhaust?

One of the things we will look at doing is providing our own exhaust manifolds to go with the kit.

Regards,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

So what about aftermarket exhaust setups, will this kit be compatible with borla headers? I was about to go all out for borla headers/high-flow cat, but I want to make sure I can still use this kit with the borla's.

The kit will most likely NOT be compatible with Borla header as Borla changes the exhaust flange location.

Wait until we confirm the uppipe locations before you buy a header. The turbo kit downpipe will include a HF cat, so save your $$$!

Sean S.

http://www.RalliTEK.com

Awesome, thanks for the heads up on the exhaust. It would be nice to have the option of an UEL exhaust manifold designed for this kit. I'm just getting tired of hearing this awful drone I have coming from the heatshielding on my exhaust, but I guess I'll have to live with it for now!

Awesome, thanks for the heads up on the exhaust. It would be nice to have the option of an UEL exhaust manifold designed for this kit. I'm just getting tired of hearing this awful drone I have coming from the heatshielding on my exhaust, but I guess I'll have to live with it for now!

You get drone on a 2.5i ? What exactly do you mean ?

You get drone on a 2.5i ? What exactly do you mean ?

Well recently I had a lot of chatter coming from the heatshielding on my stock headers, so I ripped most of it off. There is one piece of shielding I couldn't get off, so at a certain RPM, it vibrates and makes this droning noise. I definitely need to swap out my exhaust soon. When I romp on it up to about 80mph, I start to smell this very strong exhaust smell in the cabin. Maybe its the cat? Leak somewhere?

Archived