LegacyGT.com

Dash Rattle TSB released!

bskey

Even my 2008 has developed the dash rattle between the glass and center section of the dashboard. Since there is a TSB, I may just have to get this checked out...

Keep us posted - I'm not sure if the TSB applies to 08s also? I'll use you as a tester to see if I should have this looked at as well. :p

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even my 2008 has developed the dash rattle between the glass and center section of the dashboard. Since there is a TSB, I may just have to get this checked out...

That's been happening to my '06 since I got it but only when the weather is around 40 degrees or less, so I've just been living with it. :(

mine is really bad, but i can't afford to take the time from work to bring it to the dealer and have them look at it for the day, so i isolated it and whenever you put your finger on the top right section of the dash, it stops and goes away, so i took a piece of cardboard and folded it in half and stuck in between the dash and the a-pillar, and it went away and you can hardly notice it in there....ill take it to the deal though at some point when i have time after the holidays.

• 2 weeks later...

I took mine in just before 36k with the dash rattle in the front left corner near the glass. For 1.5 years I had a little piece of rubber jammed in there that kept it quiet 95% of the time. It mostly made noise when cold.

Village Subaru in Acton, MA did a great job on the fix. I'm not sure exactly what they did, but my dash is 100% quiet now. I don't know why I waited so long to take it in.

--Lee

This was my dealerships attempt at fixing my rattle

http://celicaman.f0e.net/albums/Legacy/DSCN3689.jpg

yes that is globs of clear silicon caulk. Needless to say they fixed it in a more appropriate manner.

I took mine in just before 36k with the dash rattle in the front left corner near the glass. For 1.5 years I had a little piece of rubber jammed in there that kept it quiet 95% of the time. It mostly made noise when cold.

Village Subaru in Acton, MA did a great job on the fix. I'm not sure exactly what they did, but my dash is 100% quiet now. I don't know why I waited so long to take it in.

--Lee

:munch:

I didn't even know there was a Subie dealer in Acton... how's their service department for other maintenance (seems like they did a good job here!) :)

They've treated me well even though I have pretty much only had warranty work done there as I do the regular maintenance myself. I did buy my car there, so I don't know if that makes a difference. I've always gotten free loaners.

They fixed my stutter that was caused by a sticky throttle plate. This took them many days back in Feb 06, but they stuck too it and tracked it down with a lot of on-road data logging. They replaced my interior carpet after the stuck drain hose dumped water on it. They did a good job on my dash rattle.

For normal pay jobs, their prices look pretty typical for a dealer.

Maybe it isn't a good sign, but the service manager knows me by name and says "Hi, Lee" whenever I walk in.

--Lee

It's been my experience that service departments don't really talk to sales (unless there's some type of service they need for a deal they're trying to make). Service departments don't care where you bought the car, they didn't make a commission on the sale of your car, they are just there to fix it as another revenue generating department of the dealer.

I bought my LGT at North End as well. Back when Al was the service manager he hooked me up with all kinds of warranty repairs on my WRX (new clutch, replaced a couple syncros, twice) and knew my by name as well. Now it's another guy and the one piece of service work I needed (a replacement seat heater) took a long time to get done but the work was done well. The part order fell through the cracks when the dealership changed hands so it took over a month to come in (an several reminder phone calls). I would go back though, they seem to know their stuff.

Anybody been to Nate Wade Subaru in SLC for the dash repair? The Warranty manager denied knowing anything about it when I called.

It was Nate Wade that did the poor attempt in the pic I posted above... Give Mark Miller a call.

• 3 weeks later...

Took mine to the dealer a year ago. They pulled the dash and changed all the dash anchors. Took all day. Anyway, rattle was gone for a while. Now it returns every so often!!!

Does anyone with an 08 have this same rattle? Is it only 05 LGT's??

I want to know if I go with an 08 if I can expect the same thing.

Archived