LegacyGT.com

Dash Rattle TSB released!

bskey

There's threads on this... people have had one side (back or seat) not work as good as the other.

Some have found it's a pinched coil (or whatever you call it). Someone actually had pics of where it BURNT the inside of their seat foam... pretty scary stuff actually. :/

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No call again today, WTF? My seat heater was fine, then I noticed a lump in my seat bottom. They looked at it and found a bunch of material wadded up, technical term. Now, the back of the seat gets hot as hell on the first setting and the butt doesn't work. I am going to go there tomorrow, hope it's done.

hey Gt subie. I had the same issue and I took some 3/4" backer rod and shoved 2 pieces about a foot long from the pillar toward the center of the car.

After that not a peep from the dash cost to fix 2 bucks and about 1 minute.

My dealer flat out said the tsb fix will make it worse and add additional squeeks.

Once you un seat the dash you open up a whole can of worms.

This works.

Denial is your best friend

I took mine in today for this and my sunroof cover on my wagon. you know what they said. " Car is modify and I would have to put it back to stock for them to fix it." They are taking about my Coil overs and my boost gauge!!:eek: What a bunch of Co*cksuckers. I hate Timmons Subaru. I gave them a chance after the last jerk they had as service manager now this crap. I would have been happier if they said they could not duplicate the sound. But this is just BS.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Had my car in for the 30,000 mile service last wednesday and mentioned some warranty issues to be addressed while they had the car. Nate Wade Subaru in Salt Lake City knew of the dash rattle and mystery radio volume decline but nothing of a seatbelt latch rattle in the front pass latch that drives me nuts!

They "fixed" the dash rattle without removing the dash using the "zip-tie" method. So far it's been great even though they couldn't duplicate the issue.

Couldn't duplicate the radio issue but ordered a replacement radio to be installed once it arrives.

Glove box won't latch without being slammed, they ordered a new latch assembly to go with the new radio.

Ordered a new seatbelt latch to go with the latch and radio.

Replaced both fog light bulbs, Right front has gone out twice in the last 6 months.

Reimbursed me for 3 wiper blades that I've purchased in the last year.

Overall a great experience so far.

Mitch was the service writer that new of the dash and radio problems. Colton perfomed the "zip-tie" fix and Geoff was the shop supervisor that ordered the radio, glove latch and seatbelt latch.

Hope this helps everybody!

They "fixed" the dash rattle without removing the dash using the "zip-tie" method.

Hey, I'm all for fixes that don't involve removing the entire dash. What does the zip-tie method consist of?

And damnit, I'm still waiting for pics on how and where to shove those backer rods and what kind to use.

Had my car in for the 30,000 mile service last wednesday and mentioned some warranty issues to be addressed while they had the car. Nate Wade Subaru in Salt Lake City knew of the dash rattle and mystery radio volume decline but nothing of a seatbelt latch rattle in the front pass latch that drives me nuts!

They "fixed" the dash rattle without removing the dash using the "zip-tie" method. So far it's been great even though they couldn't duplicate the issue.

Couldn't duplicate the radio issue but ordered a replacement radio to be installed once it arrives.

Glove box won't latch without being slammed, they ordered a new latch assembly to go with the new radio.

Ordered a new seatbelt latch to go with the latch and radio.

Replaced both fog light bulbs, Right front has gone out twice in the last 6 months.

Reimbursed me for 3 wiper blades that I've purchased in the last year.

Overall a great experience so far.

Mitch was the service writer that new of the dash and radio problems. Colton perfomed the "zip-tie" fix and Geoff was the shop supervisor that ordered the radio, glove latch and seatbelt latch.

Hope this helps everybody!

I would also like to know about the "zip-tie" method if you could elaborate...

I have found a flaw with the backer rod idea. I used 2 - 1 inch pieces, stuffed one in the middle of the dash underneath my inspection sticker, and the other near the passenger side A-Pillar. For about 2 days, there was a noticable decrease in the rattles and pops from the dash. But then suddenly it came back. So I go to adjust the backer rod pieces and they just fling out like there was no pressure holding them in at all. I think because of the material , overtime it simply takes on the shape of where its jammed and looses its tension. So now Im on the hunt for something else...

Those backer rods are just .... foamy stuff, aren't they? I can see how they'd start applying pressure. Or maybe you used a soft kind?

Are they all the same?

What if I pour like ... 6 gallons of glue all over the inside of the dash? That ought to do it! :D

I have found a flaw with the backer rod idea. I used 2 - 1 inch pieces, stuffed one in the middle of the dash underneath my inspection sticker, and the other near the passenger side A-Pillar. For about 2 days, there was a noticable decrease in the rattles and pops from the dash. But then suddenly it came back. So I go to adjust the backer rod pieces and they just fling out like there was no pressure holding them in at all. I think because of the material , overtime it simply takes on the shape of where its jammed and looses its tension. So now Im on the hunt for something else...

Really, mine has been fine since I put it in.

Maybe the 08 have a different gap between the windshield and dash.

Denial is your best friend

I took mine in today for this and my sunroof cover on my wagon. you know what they said. " Car is modify and I would have to put it back to stock for them to fix it." They are taking about my Coil overs and my boost gauge!!:eek: What a bunch of Co*cksuckers. I hate Timmons Subaru. I gave them a chance after the last jerk they had as service manager now this crap. I would have been happier if they said they could not duplicate the sound. But this is just BS.

I'm getting horrible rattles in my wagon moonroof cover, any luck taking it somewhere else? Is there a documented fix for this?

Thanks

Hi there Guys, I also have a problem with my car vibrating everytime I stop at the light or stop sign, sometimes I think is going to shut off but when driving is normal, I should mention that I changed the Oil, oil filter, air filter (K&N) and Bosch platinum spark plugs and now it gives me low miles, I need help please!!!!

Archived