LegacyGT.com

Dash Rattle TSB released!

bskey

Hey guys, which dealer do you recommend in Detroit area? I went couple of times to the one in Troy and didn't like them. They never did anything. I took my car once to Hodges on Woodward and they were pretty nice, not perfect tho. Please tell me which one you guys would recommend? I really need a good dealer, and here in Canada they don't do sh!t! Thanks.

See post #66 about Dwyer and Sons.

-Ryan

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TCL28>> Which dealer do you go to? Suburban in Troy? I took my car twice there and they never did anything. Hodges Subaru was pretty good but still didn't fix everything. So I might even skip Hodges this time and just go directly to the one Ryan suggested. I'm in Windsor, and taking my car across the border is a hassle + it's not cheap.

Ryan>> Thanks for the info.

TCL28>> Which dealer do you go to? Suburban in Troy? I took my car twice there and they never did anything. Hodges Subaru was pretty good but still didn't fix everything. So I might even skip Hodges this time and just go directly to the one Ryan suggested. I'm in Windsor, and taking my car across the border is a hassle + it's not cheap.

Ryan>> Thanks for the info.

No problem - Bill the service manager has been very good to me, and Kathy the sales manager worked out a great deal on my '05 LGT. I would not hesitate to send anyone their way for either sales or service. I've had a lot of little problems with my '05 (broken trim bits, loose B-pillar covers, loose sunroof trim, leaking shock absorber, scored rear rotors), and they have taken care of everything.

-Ryan

Thanks. I wonder if they'll be as nice to me since I didn't buy my LGT there. That's the issue I'm having with Subaru dealers, their first question is "Did you buy this car here?" and they know I didn't so I can't lie, therefore, no one will fix anything. But I'll give it a try, it's the only way to find out.

Thanks. I wonder if they'll be as nice to me since I didn't buy my LGT there. That's the issue I'm having with Subaru dealers, their first question is "Did you buy this car here?" and they know I didn't so I can't lie, therefore, no one will fix anything. But I'll give it a try, it's the only way to find out.

Call 1-800-Subaru3 and tell them about your experience. Tell them you want to talk to the regional service supervisor....

That'll light a fire under their asses!

Call 1-800-Subaru3 and tell them about your experience. Tell them you want to talk to the regional service supervisor....

Thanks for the tip! I don't want to sound negative, but I don't think that'll work for me. I'm in Canada, not USA, so I don't think they'll care. I've tried that in Canada, called SOC multiple times, they didn't care. This guy, I think his name is Dwayne from SOC, told me they have nothing to do with it and I should complain to my dealer. He said, dealers are independently owned and they can't tell them what to do. :eek:

I've got the driver vent/pillar rattle. Sounds like if you want this fix done right, and not take the risk of the dealer screwing it up or just not being able to permanently fix it, that I need to do this myself. Hell, I'll dynamat, and foam fill the entire area if I have to.

That's for sure.

Hodges is not where it's at.

I might go back to Hodges to give them one last chance.

If I feel more bullshit coming on, I'm just going to throw down and bring it.

Hahaha.

My rattle is in the defroster vent strip on the driver's side, base of the windshield. Bad when left in sun, like when I'm at work. As air kicks in and cools gets better. I have complained at every service, they "tighten the dash bolts" and its better for a day or two, then returns. They even inserted a piece of rubber tubing in it once and that cured it but the tube worked its way out and Hello Rattle! If you press on the vent strip, no rattle; let go, rattle again. I'm about ready to get a manual and tear into it but why should I have to fix an assembly or design problem? I've heard some people have "fixed" this by wedging something between the vent strip and the windshield. Anyone have a real fix?
You're just jealous that the Voices talk to Me. :cool:

Does this TSB also apply to MY07 Outbacks, cause mine is driving me nuts and Flatirons seemed to know nothing about a rattle in the front. They tried fixing it with some foam. Ya that didn't work.

• 3 months later...
Ok, I had my car in for a dash rattle a couple of weeks ago and they insulated the A piller and that didn't fix it. I brought it by again and they said, you know about this TSB right. I didn't at the time, but do now. I am taking it to them today to fix. They need it for an entire day to do this TSB. they are fixing a couple of other things as well so it will be about 1.5 days for service.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

• 2 months later...
Dash rattle fixed :D. There is still a rattle in the Drivers side A piller, but that is being addressed next time. I forgot about this thread, but I also wanted to give it time to come back. But so far so good. My dealiership has done a bunch of these and have one tech doing them all and has gotten it down right so there are no returns.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Dash rattle fixed :D. There is still a rattle in the Drivers side A piller, but that is being addressed next time. I forgot about this thread, but I also wanted to give it time to come back. But so far so good. My dealiership has done a bunch of these and have one tech doing them all and has gotten it down right so there are no returns.

Mine just started - can you help pinpoint parts or labor that went into the repair so as to help the dealership fix mine?

will dealer's honor TSB's out of warranty? I'm not sure I want a dealership to take apart my dash, but I'm not giving it a weekend to do myself.

No they won't.. TSBs or DTBs are just tips of advice.. If you're out of warranty they'll charge you diagnostic and the actual repair.

The dealiership had to have my car for 1 full day to do the TSB. They have to remove the entire top portion of the dash, replace the retaining clips, add some sound deadening felt to them and put it back. That is how they explained it to me.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

The dealiership had to have my car for 1 full day to do the TSB. They have to remove the entire top portion of the dash, replace the retaining clips, add some sound deadening felt to them and put it back. That is how they explained it to me.

+1 on this... I need to make an appointment....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived