LegacyGT.com

Dash Rattle TSB released!

bskey

Holy crap...this is AMAZING! I am going to have this taken care of. Should I remove the boost gauge from the cubby before going? Just for "They might fcuk it up" purposes...?

Oh and should I just print this out...go to the dealer, and kind of slam it on the desk...

I'll be like...I am here for this <SLAM>..hahaha

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
;1033531']In the "What's New" section of techinfo.subaru.com they've just added a TSB on 02/28/07 with the title: "Rattle/Squeak Noise from Instrument Panel." It's applicable to Legacy GTs and here's its abstract:On the same day' date=' Subaru also issued a revised TSB that originally came out in 2005. Here's its abstract:[/quote']

Thanks.

I've got a rattle coming from the Driver side vent, would this be the fix?

I am lucky, I have both! If I press down on the middle of the top of the dash, the one in the middle of the dash goes away, but I can't stop the one that seems to be coming from the driver's vent (I think actually between the dash and door).

My other car is a 1993 Chevy S-10 Tahoe! (Currently being driven to failure by my nephew)

I am lucky, I have both! If I press down on the middle of the top of the dash, the one in the middle of the dash goes away, but I can't stop the one that seems to be coming from the driver's vent (I think actually between the dash and door).

On my '05, this rattle was due to broken clips on the panel that "caps" the end of the dashboard on the driver's side. The dealer just installed a new panel and no more rattle from there. The rest of the dashboard and b-pillar, however...

• 1 month later...
I have the same rattle and am def. going to bring car to dealership... however, I am at 40k - this noise really wasnt prevelant since the last 8-10k, or since this cold winter has been around. Do you think they will charge me their normal labor fee to fix this?? OR - has anyone Post-warranty had this fixed yet by the dealer?

On my '05, this rattle was due to broken clips on the panel that "caps" the end of the dashboard on the driver's side. The dealer just installed a new panel and no more rattle from there. The rest of the dashboard and b-pillar, however...

Hey man, could you describe to me exactly what your dealer did for you? I have that same rattle. The one by the driver's side vent. What dealer did you go to? I am also in the Detroit area. I can never get my dealer to take anything I come in with seriously. Or they can't reproduce it. At this point I'm just fed up going to this dealer who plays off any issue I have with my car.

Hey man, could you describe to me exactly what your dealer did for you? I have that same rattle. The one by the driver's side vent. What dealer did you go to? I am also in the Detroit area. I can never get my dealer to take anything I come in with seriously. Or they can't reproduce it. At this point I'm just fed up going to this dealer who plays off any issue I have with my car.

Dwyer and Sons - 15 Mile (maple) and M-5. They are awesome - no matter how small an issue I have had, they have taken care of it. And I've had a lot of issues...

My rattle was the "cap" on the left (driver's) end of the dashboard (it is called the "driver side instrument panel side cover in the service manual) - if it is loose, the clips have broken and the piece needs to be replaced.

Hope this helps!

-Ryan

I had the drivers side vent rattle noise too but got it fixed.

I took the car in for service and asked them to fix it at lease on 3 different services and every time, they would tell me they couldn't hear it. The last time they said 4 different people drove my car including 2 service reps, the service manager and the regional manager and none heard it. I found a temporary solution to the problem by sticking a sock between the door and the drivers side vent and the rattle would go away. So I noticed that the vent was the cause of the rattle as it was loose and moved about. If the vent stopped moving, the rattle would go away. Next time i went to the stealership, i showed them that the vent was loose and that it was the cause of my problem and told them to put it back on tightly, somehow they put it back in place and when pushing on it with my finger it wouldn't move...problem solved.

It took me more than 15,000 to get that SOB problem fixed. Just tell your service rep that your vent is loose, show them how it moves and say it rattles. The fix was covered under warranty. If they don't fix it go to a different shop.

In the mean time you might want to try the sock method. Before closing the door, place the sock by the vent so when the door closes, the vent will be gently held in place and won't rattle.

RIP rattle.

Dwyer and Sons - 15 Mile (maple) and M-5. They are awesome - no matter how small an issue I have had, they have taken care of it. And I've had a lot of issues...

My rattle was the "cap" on the left (driver's) end of the dashboard (it is called the "driver side instrument panel side cover in the service manual) - if it is loose, the clips have broken and the piece needs to be replaced.

Hope this helps!

-Ryan

I see.

How can I tell if the clips are broken before I go in?

Thanks.

By the way, I live in the Troy area. Dwyer and Sons is a bit of a drive for me, but if they get the job done... How can I say no?

The "end cap" piece of the dash board will be hanging out by only one or two of its three clips. Mine almost fell off.

-Ryan

Hey guys, which dealer do you recommend in Detroit area? I went couple of times to the one in Troy and didn't like them. They never did anything. I took my car once to Hodges on Woodward and they were pretty nice, not perfect tho. Please tell me which one you guys would recommend? I really need a good dealer, and here in Canada they don't do sh!t! Thanks.

Archived