LegacyGT.com

Dash Rattle TSB released!

bskey

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not if there is an actual TSB or recall, that in and of itself acknowledges an error in their design that they need to fix, regardless to mods, unless it totally nullifies the recall, such as removal of the dash if you were building a race car, or something like that.

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

Grr... It was the same thing in my WRX (although not as severe). The problem doesn't exist unless there's a TSB for it. Until then every time I go to the dealer I'll pick it up later that day and get "re-tightened dashboard screws, tested, no rattle" written on the service receipt.

so today I dropped the car off for its 30k service. asked if they would fix the dash rattle... they tell me that its the outbacks that have the tsb and that they have a different dash... I was like uhhhh wtf... aren't the dash's and all interior pieces the same but the suspension and stuff is different?

Guest subiecity
i have soo many rattles in my car, last night i was driving and for the 1st time it sounded like i have a trunk full of insects or crickets just chirping wildy

i have soo many rattles in my car, last night i was driving and for the 1st time it sounded like i have a trunk full of insects or crickets just chirping wildy

Hmmmm, bugs, like the kind that record you w/o your knowledge or consent?:icon_bigg

ignore him, he'll go away.

Guest subiecity

Hmmmm, bugs, like the kind that record you w/o your knowledge or consent?
:icon_bigg

no idk which was werse

lol.... your dash rattle could be a little man w/ a 9mm camera hiding behind your cubby. He has some quarters in his pocket. Damn rattle!

The dealer couldn't remember the tsb info, but he said he'd try to find it. We'll see if he actually does.

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

In the "What's New" section of http://techinfo.subaru.com they've just added a TSB on 02/28/07 with the title: "Rattle/Squeak Noise from Instrument Panel." It's applicable to Legacy GTs and here's its abstract:

Rattle/Squeak Noise from Instrument Panel

Service Bulletin #12-96-06

Pages: 4

Bulletin Description: If you encounter a customer complaint of a rattle/squeak noise coming from the instrument panel just below the windshield area, it may be caused by the instrument panel hooks. To eliminate the noise follow the repair procedure listed.

On the same day, Subaru also issued a revised TSB that originally came out in 2005. Here's its abstract:
Noise from Combination Meter (Revised)

Service Bulletin #08-34-05R

Pages: 3

Bulletin Description: This service bulletin informs of a countermeasure for eliminating a rattle type noise from around the combination meter. Residual flashing (burr) on the combination meter visor can rub against the combination meter glass causing a rattle type noise. To remove the burr, follow the repair procedure.

;1033531']In the "What's New" section of techinfo.subaru.com they've just added a TSB on 02/28/07 with the title: "Rattle/Squeak Noise from Instrument Panel." It's applicable to Legacy GTs and here's its abstract:On the same day' date=' Subaru also issued a revised TSB that originally came out in 2005. Here's its abstract:[/quote']

Can you post the entire TSB? I would like to know what's involved in the "repair". thanks

Archived