LegacyGT.com

Bilstein HD review

bosco

So, Bosco.... are you happy with the way the car looks? I can't really decide by the pictures. I like the way my car looks on htechs and stock struts...I'm just torn on what to do about springs when i put on the bilstiens. Although, mine are JDM bilsteins...don't know if that'll make a difference in the ride height.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are there any springs that work with the usdm struts and these HD blisteins?

So therefore I could use aftermarket springs on usdm struts until t they wore out, then switch to the hd blisteins, all the while using the same springs.

So, Bosco.... are you happy with the way the car looks? I can't really decide by the pictures. I like the way my car looks on htechs and stock struts...I'm just torn on what to do about springs when i put on the bilstiens. Although, mine are JDM bilsteins...don't know if that'll make a difference in the ride height.

love the ride height if anything it's a touch higher now. if you already have the Teins i would use those and see what you think you can always change springs. i only bought the pinks b/c of the supposed higher ride height. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Exactly. I have the STi lower lip. Looks mean from the front. No rubbing, easy to live with on a daily basis. The ride is great, anyone local to Richmond, VA can feel free to call and giv'er a spin around the block. Have SPT parts, F1 rotors from Ebay, new suspension, AVO 420 going on any day now.

285-0666 at work....(I live there, almost!)

Scott

Are there any springs that work with the usdm struts and these HD blisteins?

So therefore I could use aftermarket springs on usdm struts until t they wore out, then switch to the hd blisteins, all the while using the same springs.

any spring will "work". but a USDM spring on Bilsteins will raise the front about 1/2". JDM front springs are different length....Bilsteins HD's listed as replacements for the spec b which = JDM GT style suspension.

bump....bosco update...still happy?

yes in fact thursday it gets alignment checked. it definitely rides firmer but takes bumps better i know that sounds strange but it's true. the springs together with the struts really tighten it up the squat and dive are greatly improved. the only time the suspension seems to get upset is washboard surfaces at 25 mph or lower more like a pogo effect car it might be a tad over dampened. at higher speeds it actually feels like it settles down which to me means it's working better it also feels more planted in curves. i really need to ride in other cars ie. BMW, Audi to compare. over all still happy much better than previous setup it all boils down to what are you willing to give up to get. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

I like mine on my wagon still. The ride height is looking fine when looking at other subys on the lot. They all look a little front high.

It rides just like a WRX STi. I've had a few wrxs and an STi, Elise, Vette.....this set-up is stiffer than most all those cars, except the STi. We can hammer corners and exit ramps much better 4sure.

Bosco, I may throw the stock rear springs back on to see what that feels like.....

Nah, I tried but I could not compress and measure precisely at the same time. In the other thread, the Spec B were measured at 130mm and allshock.com measured the HD at 108mm. It would be nice to have someone do both measuring at the same time so that it is consistent.

:lol: Yup, takes two people. I measured both JDM SpecB and JDM GT to have 130mm. I.e. my wife did, while I compressed them :lol: Ohlins measured to have 2-3mm less travel.

one person can measure the stroke. measure the extended lenght then put a light dab/smear of white grease on the shaft about 2" long from the threaded end now compress the strut/shock the grease will leave a "mark" at end of the travel now measure between the extended lenght and the mark. wipe off the grease. bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

one person can measure the stroke. measure the extended lenght then put a light dab/smear of white grease on the shaft about 2" long from the threaded end now compress the strut/shock the grease will leave a "mark" at end of the travel now measure between the extended lenght and the mark. wipe off the grease. bosco

I feel disappointed by reading that. I was thinking it was going to be much funnier :lol:

Still happy with them?

I feel disappointed by reading that. I was thinking it was going to be much funnier :lol:

Still happy with them?

wasn't meant to be funny was meant to inform. yes still happy in fact i couldn't be any happier if i was twins. :lol: bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

so this less travel thing....in daily driving what's really going to result? Bottom out sooner...anything else?

waxiboy...any pics yet?

not a problem so far. :) bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Archived