LegacyGT.com

Bilstein HD review

bosco

And since you are so good at this - where's the best price on the USDM Spec B tophats? I ordered and cancelled them from FastWRX.com ($131 shipped) and need to order them again now.

Thanks again.

Try unclemat. He may have an extra set of tophats. For me i'm getting them through the dealer cause i have subaru bucks....free to me!

Check 1stsubaruparts.com. Tophats are $47 ea. Go to the powertrain forum and click on the Legacy Part Number thread. You will find the Spec B tophat part #. Or check out the Bilstein HD Review thread in the suspension forum. Some members have posted the part numbers.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Try unclemat. He may have an extra set of tophats. For me i'm getting them through the dealer cause i have subaru bucks....free to me!

Check 1stsubaruparts.com. Tophats are $47 ea. Go to the powertrain forum and click on the Legacy Part Number thread. You will find the Spec B tophat part #. Or check out the Bilstein HD Review thread in the suspension forum. Some members have posted the part numbers.

you could also try post #1 for all the part numbers and prices. :) bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Hey, does anybody know if the Bilstein HD's fit the Legacy???? :confused:

You can refer to Bosco's post #1:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

you could also try post #1 for all the part numbers and prices. :) bosco

Oh yeah! You'll have to exuse me. With the newborn I'm working on very little sleep. I don't even know what thread I'm in...:lol:

So they might actually fit?

Answer to the above....post #1

Would I need any other parts?

Lemme see. Follow this sequence.....post #1, #4, #5, #31, #34, #37 and if you want to check OPIE's thread, go ahead and bookmark this link, #107, #140 just in case you have 5EAT, #142 and finally #198, confirming that HD's have at least 130MM of travel.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I am just bored.;)

"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

Does anybody know how much of a drop I could get with these or have any pictures?

Bosco's 1st post:

"to make this even more accurate and to take out any optical illusion i measured the bottom metal ridge of the rocker panel and it was 5 1/2" front and 5 9/16" rear. "

Don't know what OEM is, but you can measure yours.

Bosco's 1st post:

"to make this even more accurate and to take out any optical illusion i measured the bottom metal ridge of the rocker panel and it was 5 1/2" front and 5 9/16" rear. "

Don't know what OEM is, but you can measure yours.

You can ignore rao hes just grumpy :lol:

We put boscos on hes knows exsacly what they do to the car ;)

and a fine job it was if i might say so myself :lol: bosco

btw they still work fine

Stay Stock Stay Happy

You can ignore rao hes just grumpy :lol:

i just looked at the pics in boscos first post. I noticed you guys used jack stands at what appears to be the unibody jack points. did you use some kind of adapter with the jack stands or did you mangle the unibody jack points? i would like to be able to use the stock jack points but if you put a normal jack stand there you will bend the chassis.

i just looked at the pics in boscos first post. I noticed you guys used jack stands at what appears to be the unibody jack points. did you use some kind of adapter with the jack stands or did you mangle the unibody jack points? i would like to be able to use the stock jack points but if you put a normal jack stand there you will bend the chassis.

We mangled the chassis; his car is totaled :lol:

THOSE ARE THE JACKING POINTS.

We mangled the chassis; his car is totaled :lol:

THOSE ARE THE JACKING POINTS.

they are the jacking points for using the subaru jack. i personally don't care to use the subaru jack. if you use another jack or jack stands there you will eventually bend the metal. that's why you are supposed to jack from these locations with a normal jack:

attachment.php?attachmentid=7487&d=1118374928

they are the jacking points for using the subaru jack. i personally don't care to use the subaru jack. if you use another jack or jack stands there you will eventually bend the metal. that's why you are supposed to jack from these locations with a normal jack:

So if you can't use a jack on the said jack points, your gonna hold the car up with stands by the H-Brace and the rear differential? :lol:

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Im worry :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

OK, I suppose the double-walled metal at that point is there for show :spin:

We were so busy smoking around the open gas can, eating high-fat foods and not saving for retirement that it never occurred to us to do it another way.

We were so busy smoking around the open gas can, eating high-fat foods and not saving for retirement that it never occurred to us to do it another way.

That's about par for the course with NC. :lol:

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

my car has been on stands 3x and no damage all i did was either put rags or a small rubber strip between the car and stands to protect the paint. not a problem jack away my friend. :lol: bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

well i guess two out three ain't bad. :lol: bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Archived