LegacyGT.com

Bilstein HD review

bosco

Okay, now let's get back to HD's. Do these come with English http://legacygt.com/forums/images/icons/icon1.gifinstructions?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shox.com

you'll need to call them. their price was better than both the two you have mentioned...i think i recall $463 plus shipping. (they honored the 5% off Bilsteins listed on the web site even though our fitment isn't listed)

Well - ordered the HDs and now about to cancel since they are out of the rears. Cancelled tire rack yesterday and these guys probably tommorrow.

Anyone know where you can ACTUALLY get them? :eek:

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

Well - ordered the HDs and now about to cancel since they are out of the rears. Cancelled tire rack yesterday and these guys probably tommorrow.

Anyone know where you can ACTUALLY get them? :eek:

Glad to be one of the first few LGTs to try the HDs :)

As an update, more of the HD's are expected to be available in mid-June, so although there will be a bit of a wait, it looks like Bilstein will continue to make these for the US market.

^ So you are currently on stock struts & pinks?

Not anymore.:) I just finished installing my HD's and pinks. This combo is a firm ride. I have to spend more time in it to give an honest opinion.

"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

Not anymore.:) I just finished installing my HD's and pinks. This combo is a firm ride. I have to spend more time to give an honest opinion.

it either grows on you or it actually gets a little more compliant i don't know which what i do know is the handling is vastly improved and for me that trade -off was worth it. the problem for me is i have nothing to compare it to other than a Z06 Vette which is tighter still. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

poor bastard.

:lol:

i know the vette thing sounds bad but i would really like to drive a 06 spec. b or maybe a 3 series BMW just to see how they ride. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Guys...what must you have for the install?

I have JDM GT Rev A's to go on. (and JDM style springs in the works)

Currently my parts list is...

20320AG000 (tophats) A MUST HAVE

20326AG000 (dust seal) Re-use existing or buy new?

20323AG000 (spring seat) Re-use existing or buy new?

(struts have dust covers)

I think Bosco re-used parts while Waxi bought new ones.

Perhaps it would be nice to locate a mild lowering spring that has a higher rear spring rate. (Pinks...5.9kg/mm....iON 6.7kg/mm, which may lower too much)

provas i have them on jdm spec b bilsteins

f 25mm/4.35 kg

r 20mm/6.7 kg

perfect drop on oem 24" diameter wheel, but with spec b 25" diameter oem wheel the rear tire tucks. not sure if im going to try to raise the rear or just say F it. car rides f'ing great

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Thanks, I was hoping they were for the rear. Is there a way to get the rear slightly higher if you wanted to? I like the raked look.

you could use wagon springs if you have a sedan. they are a tad taller in the rear. also, wangan springs only drop "10mm" in the rear (20mm up front). good luck finding a set.

Archived