LegacyGT.com

5EAT Rebuild by IPT

jerseyglock

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(like lightning quick shifts, but that would be an MT).

Trdvibe, If you wanted this, then I'm sure John can accomodate you. I asked him how hard and fast the mod is. He said he can make it any way you want it, including adjusting your shift points.:cool:

I'm saving up for this, and it sounds like I'll tell him I want a faster, firmer mod than yours.

Jim

LOL. well he didn't tell me that. otherwise i would have had him do that. but he did know what i was trying to do so i'm sure it's not too slow either, probably somewhere in the middle. He knows I autocross and drag the car as well as daily drive it. :) still a huge improvement from stock!
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

I spoke to jon the other day and i have to send in my valve body. When the tranny is warm and the temps are above 140, my car chatters when the transmission is trying to shift from 1st to 2nd. I will keep you guys updated. I'm also having them firm up the shifts a little more as well.

I spoke to jon the other day and i have to send in my valve body. When the tranny is warm and the temps are above 140, my car chatters when the transmission is trying to shift from 1st to 2nd. I will keep you guys updated. I'm also having them firm up the shifts a little more as well.

what do you mean by chatter?

the chatter will shake the whole car. You will know if you get it. The best way i could describe it is driving a mt car with a 4 puck race clutch and trying to let it go at low revs. It will chatter and shake the whole car.

the chatter will shake the whole car. You will know if you get it. The best way i could describe it is driving a mt car with a 4 puck race clutch and trying to let it go at low revs. It will chatter and shake the whole car.

pretty sure i don't have this. i'll keep an eye out. but hopefully it won't be an issue.

pretty sure i don't have this. i'll keep an eye out. but hopefully it won't be an issue.

How is your car trdvibe? I just started thinking about it, and the sti swap seems like the best budget path. If I get good deals on the parts it would be around $1200, (Plus I could sell my stock turbo, and tmic, intake manifold, for hopefully around $400-600).

This brings the total cost down to around 800 (only 100 more than an perrin tmic and about 400 dollars cheaper than a perrin fmic) Great deal :)

Then I would still have the flexibility to bolt on a slightly larger wrx turbo in the future.

The question I have is...what kind of gains over your original stage 2 setup are you expecting? I know tdc stage 2 cars generally dyno around the 230 range, and I have seen stage 2 sti's dyno anywhere from 280-300 whp.

So I am guessing you are looking for 260-275 whp, depending on the dyno....

I know you ran a 13.6 with just gutted pipes and the tdc tune, do you think a high 12 would be in reach with a full tbe+sti hardware? I know stage 2 sti's run anywhere from low to mid 12's on a good track with a good driver....

I know this is a little off-topic but we are talking about modding 5eats ;) with IPT parts in this thread.

all done :)

How is your car trdvibe? I just started thinking about it, and the sti swap seems like the best budget path. If I get good deals on the parts it would be around $1200, (Plus I could sell my stock turbo, and tmic, intake manifold, for hopefully around $400-600).

This brings the total cost down to around 800 (only 100 more than an perrin tmic and about 400 dollars cheaper than a perrin fmic) Great deal :)

Then I would still have the flexibility to bolt on a slightly larger wrx turbo in the future.

The question I have is...what kind of gains over your original stage 2 setup are you expecting? I know tdc stage 2 cars generally dyno around the 230 range, and I have seen stage 2 sti's dyno anywhere from 280-300 whp.

So I am guessing you are looking for 260-275 whp, depending on the dyno....

I know you ran a 13.6 with just gutted pipes and the tdc tune, do you think a high 12 would be in reach with a full tbe+sti hardware? I know stage 2 sti's run anywhere from low to mid 12's on a good track with a good driver....

I know this is a little off-topic but we are talking about modding 5eats ;) with IPT parts in this thread.

all done :)

well, once i get the car tuned right, i believe it will give me the needed top end that i was losing in the OEM TMIC. :( i think i will be able to get into the high 12's with the set up once i have the car tuned for everything:

STI TMIC

VF39

TGV Deletes (to be installed)

K&N Intake (to be installed)

IPT VB upgrade

SPT CBE

catless UP, DP, MP

car could pull harder but i believe that's due to the current tune. i am hoping for about 270-290 whp but we'll see. if we had a dyno up here, i'd have no doubt to pull those #'s with our temps and elevation. however, we'll see when Jarrad from PDX gets here for a road tune. he'll be able to give me a decent butt dyno guess. ;)

• 1 month later...

I just finished a build including an AVO 420 with alcohol injection, and had the valve body modified by IPT. While road tuning the vehicle, I noticed the 1st to 2nd shift chatter and experienced the same thing entering my driveway (steep and long). Did you get this issue resolved?

The are adjusting my new vb. ups destroyed the original one I sent back to them. The new vb was better, but I still had a little of the chattering and banging from 1->2 and 2->3. We will see how it comes around when I get the new vb re-adjusted and back in.

has IPT had a LGT there to do the work on the car in person or have all of these VB upgrades been via mail? I know jerseyglock isn't too far away. I would think that if they had their hands on one they could see how to set it up at tweak it after road testing.

Again, my VB was working fine. I went back for final tuning after running issue was fixed. John make some adjustments for harsh gear bangs from R to D. Then, I start to feel neck breaking gear change on 1st and 2nd gear changes.

This is not helping either, he dropped my VB :(. My replacement VB is done and I'll be there this Thursday for the swap.

Not true. Trdvibe isn't having any problems. I didn't have problem till I went back there. Except harsh gear bangs from R to D. Maybe the ECU just don't like it when pressures are turn too high. Who knows.

*knocks on wood*

I haven't had any chirping or chattering issues. in fact, the cars runs smoother than it did stock. :D (but much faster of course)

Archived