LegacyGT.com

5EAT Rebuild by IPT

jerseyglock

I talked to IPT a while back, Jimmy (Jerseyglock) brought his car to them, Quan (Hybrid22l) sent his in. I was told they both had the complete works done :D. I'm just evaluating my options, but that's what i remember from talking to John @ IPT.
SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still waiting for my tranny to come back and its been 1 month. shippers lost it. Hopefully i will have it by the end of the week. My car got evicted from Harman because it was crashing for too long!:lol: IPT did pay for my car to get towed home and back to Harman when the tranny arrives. Good customer service at IPT. Thanks Jon. Next time i will use my own shipping company.

Last time I talked to Jersey Glock, his car was going back to IPT for a minor valve body adjustment to make it run better.

Make it run better? heck no :) I want it shift faster or better, shave aleast a second of my 1/4 time :lol:

Still waiting for my tranny to come back and its been 1 month. shippers lost it. Hopefully i will have it by the end of the week. My car got evicted from Harman because it was crashing for too long!:lol: IPT did pay for my car to get towed home and back to Harman when the tranny arrives. Good customer service at IPT. Thanks Jon. Next time i will use my own shipping company.

Last time I talked to Jersey Glock, his car was going back to IPT for a minor valve body adjustment to make it run better.

• 2 weeks later...
Taking this back up. Just got my car back from Harman and they got the IPT tranny installed with the transmission temp gauge. My tranny reading was reading between 180 ddegrees and 200 degrees yesterday because it was so hot. This morning it was at 145 degrees all morning on my 30 minute commute. I kinda babied it yesterday, just to make sure nothing was wrong. This morning I bashed on it and it ran like a beast. no slipping in any gear and the shifts are quicker and a little firmer. Definitely worth the cash. The tech from Harman was playing around with the stall speed and found it to be 3500. The tech power broke it to 3500 rpm and launched it. he said it launched great. I'm hitting the tracks in 2 weeks. I will see what i run. I'll be on re92 also:lol: .

Taking this back up. Just got my car back from Harman and they got the IPT tranny installed with the transmission temp gauge. My tranny reading was reading between 180 ddegrees and 200 degrees yesterday because it was so hot. This morning it was at 145 degrees all morning on my 30 minute commute. I kinda babied it yesterday, just to make sure nothing was wrong. This morning I bashed on it and it ran like a beast. no slipping in any gear and the shifts are quicker and a little firmer. Definitely worth the cash. The tech from Harman was playing around with the stall speed and found it to be 3500. The tech power broke it to 3500 rpm and launched it. he said it launched great. I'm hitting the tracks in 2 weeks. I will see what i run. I'll be on re92 also:lol: .

About time...... :lol: Have fun..

I want to do a tranny temp gauge also. Any idea how the install went on that. I've heard you can rig up an oil temp guage, just curious on how yours was setup.

10k in mods and still on the re92's... :lol:

awesome! can't wait to see what she does! i just shipped off my valve bodies to them and they should be working on them as i type. :) Hope to have the car back up and running by this weekend!

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

i'm using the defi blue racer series. make sur eit goes up to 3oo degrees. Once it's past 220, then you better back off the tranny. it's going to start breaking at that point. harman actually just taped the drain plug on the tranny and installed the temperature sender their.

I want to do a tranny temp gauge also. Any idea how the install went on that. I've heard you can rig up an oil temp guage, just curious on how yours was setup.

The valve body makes a big difference. Shifting is much quicker. You don;t have that long pause when you shift, but shifting is still smooth. It's a little hard when it does the 2nd to 1st downshift.

awesome! can't wait to see what she does! i just shipped off my valve bodies to them and they should be working on them as i type. :) Hope to have the car back up and running by this weekend!

I just used an oil temp and rigged that for my tranny temp. Also have a cooler. Put the sender by the bottom of the engine where the rubber hose meets the metal part. I don't know, but I am thinking some heat off the engine is affecting its reading because this runs way hotter than my avalanche. And I have the biggest cooler that will fit on here.

The valve body makes a big difference. Shifting is much quicker. You don;t have that long pause when you shift, but shifting is still smooth. It's a little hard when it does the 2nd to 1st downshift.

well, that's good to hear. i sure hope it fixes the issues. :)

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

That is due to your ECM still learning your driving habits...

Sorry, I have no clue where Island dragway is at. Only been at Englishtown, 20 minutes from my home. :)

Ah, that would explain it, English town is about an hour and 45 minutes south of me, and english town is amazing. Island is like an old runway in the middle of a field outside of hackettstown :lol: Anyways i've got a Level 10 maxed out stage 3 trans and it's pretty sweet but sometimes i wonder if IPT woulda been better.

Archived