LegacyGT.com

5EAT Rebuild by IPT

jerseyglock

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update on the IPT Rebuild: I have some good news and some disturbing news.

The good news is that they are done rebuilding my transmission. I still have to come up with the balance to pay for it and all, so it might be a week before I can get the money to them.

On to the disturbing news....I spoke to Ty at IPT this morning. The transmission that came out of my car was nothing more than a used transmission WITHOUT the IPT Modified Body Valve. I am having IPT fax me a statement saying that the original tranny was used and did not have a modified body valve as I was told when I bought the car. I have the receipt from the shop that states that they installed a rebuilt tranny with a IPT body valve. I am not sure how I am going to go about this but something WILL be done. I have left acooper a message explaining all of this. I expect to be reimbursed for some of this considering I bought the car in good faith thinking that the tranny was in good shape. That was just not the case. If I have to go to small claims court and report this company to the BBB, I will do it. If you guys have any suggestions, by all means, let me know.

Update on the IPT Rebuild: I have some good news and some disturbing news.

The good news is that they are done rebuilding my transmission. I still have to come up with the balance to pay for it and all, so it might be a week before I can get the money to them.

On to the disturbing news....I spoke to Ty at IPT this morning. The transmission that came out of my car was nothing more than a used transmission WITHOUT the IPT Modified Body Valve. I am having IPT fax me a statement saying that the original tranny was used and did not have a modified body valve as I was told when I bought the car. I have the receipt from the shop that states that they installed a rebuilt tranny with a IPT body valve. I am not sure how I am going to go about this but something WILL be done. I have left acooper a message explaining all of this. I expect to be reimbursed for some of this considering I bought the car in good faith thinking that the tranny was in good shape. That was just not the case. If I have to go to small claims court and report this company to the BBB, I will do it. If you guys have any suggestions, by all means, let me know.

that's exactly what i was thinking.... :( sorry to see what I suspected was correct. So WHO's car got the rebuilt tranny and upgraded VB??? What'd they do with it?? I'd sue the shop for sure! Or it may be acooper who has to also press forward since he is the owner of the car when the shop performed the work. Take them to small claims!

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

^ Yeh I spoke to Andy today. There isn't a whole lot he can do right now do the fact he is in Georgia. I am going to take the invoice receipt and a letter from IPT straight to the shop. The tranny was supposed to have the upgraded BV. Andy said they probably had a couple of body valves sitting out and put in the wrong one. Nonetheless, this is far from being over.

^ Thats the plan. I think the IPT rebuild was absolutely necessary with all that power. At least now I can rest easy knowing I have the tranny to truly push the SZ55. Now I can officially have the fastest grocery getter around.

I'm sure with the upgraded tranny, the shaggin waggin will be even more of a monster! :D

definitely. I do know when we did the datalogging on the car, Jarrad from PDX said the way the VB effects the shifts, he was quite surprised. looking at the logs he'd have thought it was a manual. usually the shifts are much longer, or something. I can't remember exactly, but he said he was able to tune it a little differently. So I only imagine with a built tranny, you can probably push it more. :)

^ I spoke to Scott Seigel this afternoon. I found out that there are 3 real time maps on the APv1 as follows...

ss_sogr7-normal (I plan on running this map when I get the wagon back)

ss_sogr7-lo wastegate (for when its cold and the psi's are surging)

ss_sogr7-hi wastegate (for autocrossing)

Scott said the IPT tranny would not affect the tune adversely. If anything the difference in the acceleration will be night and day.

^ I spoke to Scott Seigel this afternoon. I found out that there are 3 real time maps on the APv1 as follows...

ss_sogr7-normal (I plan on running this map when I get the wagon back)

ss_sogr7-lo wastegate (for when its cold and the psi's are surging)

ss_sogr7-hi wastegate (for autocrossing)

Scott said the IPT tranny would not affect the tune adversely. If anything the difference in the acceleration will be night and day.

nice. :D

^ yeh, I can't wait to try the hi wastegate tune once it gets warmer.....I won't keep it on that for very long though because running 23-24 PSIs is a little high for the 2.5 liter engine....

not with meth. ;)

I run 21 psi on a regular basis, tuned down to about 18.5 psi for winter.

Archived