LegacyGT.com

5EAT Rebuild by IPT

jerseyglock

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have my everyday torco fuel maps. :) those run about 21 psi at full boost then taper down to about 18.5 psi. I also have my Torco race map as well, however I don't know what the boost is on that one.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Hey guys, I am getting the wagon back this weekend hopefully. IPT shipped my transmission back to dealership today. It is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. The subaru manager told me today that they would do there best to have it installed by Friday. I am like beyond excited to have my car back with a performance transmission.

I need to talk to John at IPT about the break in period.

The wagon is back. I just spoke to Subaru in Roanoke where my car is. They have the IPT tranny in and its running perfect with no CEL. I am picking it up tomorrow morning from Subaru.

This is all I have to say about this fiasco.

Price for IPT Tranny Rebuild: $5270.00

Price for Subaru Labor and Misdiagnosed Transmission Harness: $1547.12

Having the assurity that my transmission can push 400 whp: Priceless

The wagon is back. I just spoke to Subaru in Roanoke where my car is. They have the IPT tranny in and its running perfect with no CEL. I am picking it up tomorrow morning from Subaru.

awesome news. :) can't wait to hear how it does after all the break in.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

It has been a long, tough, emotionally charged time. But speaking from my experience you will exit this Worm Hole in another dimension, one in which there is mechanical harmony, where your car's wishes can be granted.

It will take a while to get comfortable with the concept you can use ALL your car without worry. But when it finally soaks in, when you realize the capabilities you are now driving..... you won't remember this past period of grief. Your smile will get in the way.

Can I assume you are putting AmsOil ATF in it? I did, as well as AmsOil Extreme Duty 75-90w in the diff.

The IPT 5EAT Club grows :).

It has been a long, tough, emotionally charged time. But speaking from my experience you will exit this Worm Hole in another dimension, one in which there is mechanical harmony, where your car's wishes can be granted.

It will take a while to get comfortable with the concept you can use ALL your car without worry. But when it finally soaks in, when you realize the capabilities you are now driving..... you won't remember this past period of grief. Your smile will get in the way.

Can I assume you are putting AmsOil ATF in it? I did, as well as AmsOil Extreme Duty 75-90w in the diff.

The IPT 5EAT Club grows :).

I will be putting AmsOIL in it, yes.....

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Jersey,

Just curious if you still like your Turbo and transmission setup?

I am thinking of doing a variation of an 18g on my 5eat. I will probably be installing a modded VB at some point.

How do you like the power delivery? What cars can you keep up with?

Are you planning on changing your setup anytime?

• 3 years later...
no. i don't think it's that. i believe it's more or less what you want to do with the car, how you drive it, etc. i did a lot of racing and powerbraking (not everyday but i did do some) last summer. i imagine that due to this it is wearing those valves a little more than most people who just drive their car from point a to point b. the damage has been done already, so now it's a matter of trying to get this fixed and upgraded so it will not slip anymore.

if you want more info, i'd suggest giving Ty a call at IPT #1-866-828-7267. He was most helpful.

Ty is not helpful and does not work at IPT it's just John the owner ..

A stock Legacy GT has around 198 whp and 237 wtq at sea level for the record.

I had issues when I went to a a pro tune on my up grades. Even withe the tranny slipping I posted 332 whp and 347 wtq. After IPT rebuilt my trans(5000.00) the car is a beast. Crisp, powerful shifts.John did do an additional valve body upgrade to the transgo shift kit, that would be the only difference from the previous posts. When I brought the car back to Cobb after the shift kit upgrade I chose to not put it back on the dyno (guys and girls, dyno's are hard on automatic transmissions) because I really don't care about a number. With the transmission working properly I can respectively expect at least modest gains.

John told me that the transmission "should" handle 500 whp. Doing the math based on AWD and automatic transmission (25-30% through the drive-train)would be around 650-700hp-ish at the crank. Pretty impressive for this transmission.IMO

By the way, Ty was an ass. He is gone. Call John and talk to him. I also have to give a shout to Climber D at Hex Mods. No Physical experience but I have spoke to him and he is very knowledgeable about the 5AET.

I have purchased a Koyo aluminum radiator and a stand alone trans cooler. For the record I went with a Tru cool 4454 and a derale fluid thermostat. The power up grades that I have installed and the Oklahoma summer heat made it a requirement. ...Just a guy and my 2 cents.feel free to hammer me if you do not agree.

Hey ,

Thats good power for stock ,my built motor and heads on my 06 LgT with VF52 @. 20 psi ought to give me good numbers ..my car now pulls like a champ from 1st-3rd 4th and 5th gear slip and I think it's because I either have a short in wires to speed sensor or the may be bad ..im thinking about getting a low mileage Transmission like 20-27k miles and having the Valvebody and even the whole transmission built up ..

Archived