LegacyGT.com

JDM ACC w/double din for dual ACC LGT!!!

If SOA offered it as LHD accessory, what's the max price you would be willing to pay?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. If SOA offered it as LHD accessory, what's the max price you would be willing to pay?

• $400 (I really hate stocker, I'll pay dearly to ditch it)
    • $300 (I hate stocker, I'll pay well to eliminate it)
    • $200 (I don't like stocker, but I am not paying more than $100 per stupid ACC knob!)
    • $100 (I am on a budget, dang!)
    • Don't care, I'd go with cleansweep anyway.
    • No thanks, stock stereo is fine.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
does this mean i can move my Avic Z1 down from the cubby hole to where it should be in the first place???

You mean further away from your natural line of sight, down lower? Eh, personal preference regardless of ergonomics. Regardless of install options, I wouldn't have put my DD NAV anywhere else other than the cubby.

ignore him, he'll go away.

One thing I have learned in all my time on here, is

1. that SOA doesnt think that there is a market for options of any kind in the US.

2. They are not willing to even take a chance offering things to gauge whether this is something that consumers want. Even in the Forester and Impreza lines that far outsell LGTs, options are limited to things like engine block heaters.

3. This is particularly inane (at least to try out) as all the R&D for these options have already been done. In some cases, years ago so the cost would be minimal to offer them.

Remember on the 03 outback premium model they offered the McIntosh system. I dont know if it was an option or standard on that model, but the kind of cars they were offering then were attracting people who couldnt give a **** about McIntosh stereos.

Now they have nicer cars, attracting people who care more about nicer stereos etc., and yet they are still treating ALL the customers even new ones who have crossed over from Audi as if options dont matter.

++++++++1

Yes, it's amazing where SOA got their marketing idiots from. I guess all come from Detroit. If it depended on me, they all would be fired tomorrow with lifetime free tickets to Sheryl Crow concerts as the severance package. (oh, I repeating myself)

What would make this perfect would be a single din option.. Or atleast a single din install kit for that double din space. I really hope this works!

Persoanlly, if I was only using a single din HU, I'd still rather have the second din opening for a pocket or gauges or anything other than blank silver plastic.

Just got a response from subaruparts.com:

>Ryan,

>

>I do not have this item. However my JDM supplier has sent an email to

>Japan to see if we can get it for you. I'll let you know what we find out.

>

>Trish Lee

>Internet Parts Manager

>Trish@Subaruparts.com

I told her someone is checking on whether or not it will work with our Legacy's and if it does, to expect a sudden rush of orders.:lol:

no doubt I'll be one of the 1st to order it if it'll work
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Thanks asshole, I made that comment to show how interested I am, I didn't mean that I expected anything immediately.

woah woah layoff the caffiene, someone is acting pretty drug induced-agitated here, first the impatience and then the name calling...

Ed

Lol this will never work, the temperature will be in Japanese!!!!

By japanese you mean celcius? Possibly, but unlikely because the HVAC control ECU is a separate component while this piece is just a display and buttons.

By japanese you mean celcius? Possibly, but unlikely because the HVAC control ECU is a separate component while this piece is just a display and buttons.

The temp. units are actually determined by gauge cluster. Ya rly. Confirmed by a member.

Archived