LegacyGT.com

JDM ACC w/double din for dual ACC LGT!!!

If SOA offered it as LHD accessory, what's the max price you would be willing to pay?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. If SOA offered it as LHD accessory, what's the max price you would be willing to pay?

• $400 (I really hate stocker, I'll pay dearly to ditch it)
    • $300 (I hate stocker, I'll pay well to eliminate it)
    • $200 (I don't like stocker, but I am not paying more than $100 per stupid ACC knob!)
    • $100 (I am on a budget, dang!)
    • Don't care, I'd go with cleansweep anyway.
    • No thanks, stock stereo is fine.

very nice alternative, and I'd love to have it, however I don't know if I'll be spending another $300-$500 easily for these parts in addition to buying the navi/dvd pieces...I guess it really depends on how "OEM-look" you want with these set-up...I'm ok with spending $115 for the single-din adaptor for the cubby :D...but I'd love to see what you guys end up doing with these pieces...just outta my range $$ wise :D
In Taiwan now...:spin:

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't talking about the cubby, but the head unit facia (head unit and/or HVAC controls). It looks simmetrical, but it's not. If you take it apart your RHD head unit and measure it you'll notice it's approx 5mm wider on the right and the whole thing is angled to the left 5 degrees or so, measured from the mounting plane.

While I beleive everyone would agree with you that the cubby/vent area is specific to LHD and RHD cars, depite the fact that someone has successfully fitted the AVO double din unit into a LHD car with minor gaps, the center stack below does *appear* to be symmetrical.

subscribe, lets hope this one actually works. I've been living with the stocker b/c I don't want a hackjob
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

MAybe the 08 will have this, so when I buy one, I can put in a pioneer AVIC system with built in sirius instead of the shitty NAV that SOA offers.

(waits for the onslaught of "oh no, the nav is really good") :lol:

+ 10000000000000000000000000000000

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Whoaoh, really popular thread. Should someone send link to SOA? These idiots (as usual) leave money on the table.

Nothing against SOA and their preference for a one piece unit...

But the car is already hurting for storage, and I'm not going to take up while little I have by putting a deck in the cubby. If this works out then :icon_mrgr

Whoaoh, really popular thread. Should someone send link to SOA? These idiots (as usual) leave money on the table.

I emailed them about a year ago on this. Basically they told me they're not interested in making a replacement b.c, get this, "nobody would want it". :lol: Seriously, they told me they wont waste their time on something like that since nobody would by it.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Nothing against SOA and their preference for a one piece unit...

But the car is already hurting for storage, and I'm not going to take up while little I have by putting a deck in the cubby. If this works out then :icon_mrgr

I meant they are stupid. SOJ at least offers this accessory so people can give SOJ extra $$$ in order to upgrade stereo. SOA could also get some $$$ if they offered this accessory for LHD cars.

Archived