LegacyGT.com

JDM ACC w/double din for dual ACC LGT!!!

If SOA offered it as LHD accessory, what's the max price you would be willing to pay?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. If SOA offered it as LHD accessory, what's the max price you would be willing to pay?

• $400 (I really hate stocker, I'll pay dearly to ditch it)
    • $300 (I hate stocker, I'll pay well to eliminate it)
    • $200 (I don't like stocker, but I am not paying more than $100 per stupid ACC knob!)
    • $100 (I am on a budget, dang!)
    • Don't care, I'd go with cleansweep anyway.
    • No thanks, stock stereo is fine.

right, but in those threads (sadly I read all of it this am) it states that TDC II can still answer questions and help out and whatnot, but any commercial business being conducted, any selling, or anything eluding to selling will be prohibited and banned.

Awesome. :rolleyes: Nothing like getting cought in the crossfire over a spat between the forum moderator and a vendor to give you that warm fuzzy feeling.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A few have tackled it for their own personal use, but it's time consuming and quite frankly over my head (I'm no electrical engineer). When TDC said they were working on it, people who may have intended to try it may have simply held off to see what TDC could come up with. No one is sure (except TDC) how far along their project is, and when (or if) it'll get done.

I wish I had the knowledge to try this myself, cause I'd give it a go.

*chanting*

Do it! Do it!

• 2 weeks later...
Try posting in the thread on their forum.

Sorry, but this board is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

but i did send them an email today i'll keep pestering till i hear one way or the other

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Sorry, but this board is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

but i did send them an email today i'll keep pestering till i hear one way or the other

noob. PM sent

ignore him, he'll go away.

Ive got a spare 05 radio/ACC on the way so i can see how ugly the separation really is...

Ive got the photos from here of the successes, a soldering iron, a short amount of patience and a lot of beer.... LOL.

Would be nice for a solution to be manufactured tho...

Ive got a spare 05 radio/ACC on the way so i can see how ugly the separation really is...

Ive got the photos from here of the successes, a soldering iron, a short amount of patience and a lot of beer.... LOL.

Would be nice for a solution to be manufactured tho...

Key factor... BEER.

:)

I've got one in pieces on the living room floor. It all looks real promising in the how-to threads, but when you have the PCB up close, you realize how small the traces are and what a pain in the ass its really gonna be. It's been moved to the way back burner of my projects.:(

I've got one in pieces on the living room floor. It all looks real promising in the how-to threads, but when you have the PCB up close, you realize how small the traces are and what a pain in the ass its really gonna be. It's been moved to the way back burner of my projects.:(

Hah, same here. It looks a lot more complicated than i origonally thought. I am concidering getting the JDM ACC version and seeing if a) it will work and b) if it will fit behind an USDM 05 case. Then it's just hacking up the spare face i have.

LOL... Thats what i hear. But i wont know how bad until i crack this thing open...

I have the posts archived from the guys that did it successfully, but i know neither of them were keen on offering tips up, in case people botched the job and got angry.

Its a shame... Im not an engineer by any means (im an architect, we hate engineers, LOL), but if this turned out to be something managable, it shouldnt prove to be that difficult to set up a workflow to provide...

I've been wondering if it would be feasible to cut the board in half right above the climate control section, fold the top half straight back 90 degrees, and have room for a single-din unit (or maybe a 7" LCD) in the upper area. The faceplate would of course need a lot of work, but it might make the soldering/wiring job easier if all of the wires could be kept to 1/2 inch or so.

I've been wondering if it would be feasible to cut the board in half right above the climate control section, fold the top half straight back 90 degrees, and have room for a single-din unit (or maybe a 7" LCD) in the upper area. The faceplate would of course need a lot of work, but it might make the soldering/wiring job easier if all of the wires could be kept to 1/2 inch or so.

I believe that was the method member darkfox1 used

• 1 month later...

Just thought I would update this. TDC Mike on TDC's board said this the other day. :( Figures. Looks like we're on our own for good guys!

Sorry for the delay guys but im running in circles. http://forums.tdctuning.com/images/smiles/icon_surprised.gif

This was something Jon started and I have no idea about any of it. Until I have more time and things in full working order this is on hold. Sorry!

I doubt anyone here is surprised by this. Makes me wonder now if there was a working prototype at one point or not. I wish someone would realize what a market there is for this part and would develop it for us. I think a lot of us would invest. What a shame.

Go Cardinals!

Archived