LegacyGT.com

JDM ACC w/double din for dual ACC LGT!!!

If SOA offered it as LHD accessory, what's the max price you would be willing to pay?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. If SOA offered it as LHD accessory, what's the max price you would be willing to pay?

• $400 (I really hate stocker, I'll pay dearly to ditch it)
    • $300 (I hate stocker, I'll pay well to eliminate it)
    • $200 (I don't like stocker, but I am not paying more than $100 per stupid ACC knob!)
    • $100 (I am on a budget, dang!)
    • Don't care, I'd go with cleansweep anyway.
    • No thanks, stock stereo is fine.

Sorry for the delay guys but im running in circles. http://forums.tdctuning.com/images/smiles/icon_surprised.gif

This was something Jon started and I have no idea about any of it. Until I have more time and things in full working order this is on hold. Sorry!

I think that could be applied to almost everything I've seen from TDC. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I appreciate your confidence in me but i dont see this as something i would like to get myself into.

I suggest cleansweep and save the cubby for a couple of gauges.

Good Luck everyone !!!

Peter, save us!!

I think there is a conspiracy going on here... everybody who steps up to figure this out, all of the sudden disappears... Opie is the latest victim.

Sucks.

I just installed a Pioneer DEH 7800 into the cubby with a AVO JDM 1 DIN Center piece.

CD Player:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069880_291147601_tab=B,00.html?compName=PNA_V3_ProductDetailsComponent

AVO JDM 1 DIN Center piece:

http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/product_info.php?cPath=1_58_3_62&products_id=228

The only modification to the USDM legacy is cutting the plastic inside the dash that would prevent you from installed a cd player. It was easily done with a hacksaw. I cut just enough so that the cd player slides in and is held by the plastic brackets. With the JDM 1 DIN center piece, its a perfect fit. (As long as you don't mind having 2 radios, its straight. If they come out with the Double DIN HVAC replacement, I will just install a 7 inch screen to accomodate my CD player that is also a DVD player.

please take some pics to show how it looks in our LGT! and does the cubby door still shut, have to remove it, etc....? pics will explain most:D

please look at any number of the posts in the interior/audio forum. This is a pretty common install, looks great, and the cubby door still shuts (even though its shutting over a cubby that's quietly tucked away in a bedroom closet because it was removed to make room for the single din HU install)

ignore him, he'll go away.

please take some pics to show how it looks in our LGT! and does the cubby door still shut, have to remove it, etc....? pics will explain most:D

I will take some pictures of the install before and after I do it. Btw, I have no cubby in there anymore. It is removed for the CD player and 1 DIN Fachia to be placed into.

Im still working on mine, guys. I ordered some of the specific connectors that are on the PCB's in the stock radio, so that i can fashion the harness to relocate part of the boards from the actual pieces that are intended to plug in to it.

I had bought some generic computer male/female plugs, as i had seen done thus far, but id rather something that could be more easily replicated, in the event that its a fairly straightforward operation.

Aside from that, there are just a few resistors on the board that look like they will need relocating, before i can cut it apart. Im also trying to work out a design for altering the metal case to contain everything in one piece. Id PREFER not to have crap running this way and that from behind the dash board.

Mainly though, im wondering where the heck my connectors are so i can keep moving with the hackage...

Peter, save us!!

I think there is a conspiracy going on here... everybody who steps up to figure this out, all of the sudden disappears... Opie is the latest victim.

Sucks.

LOL, I didn't dissappear, just got discouraged...

The wiring between the 2005-2006 Legacy's ACC and the 2008 ACC has changed quite a bit...it's not going to be as simple as I'd hoped changing the pinouts on the harness connectors...it's going to take some electronic engineering I'm not skilled enough for. On a side note...the guys with 2008's might be really lucky and just plug that sucker in....

No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No!

:)

LOL, I didn't dissappear, just got discouraged...

The wiring between the 2005-2006 Legacy's ACC and the 2008 ACC has changed quite a bit...it's not going to be as simple as I'd hoped changing the pinouts on the harness connectors...it's going to take some electronic engineering I'm not skilled enough for. On a side note...the guys with 2008's might be really lucky and just plug that sucker in....

Thanks for the update

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Well at least I know now that while there is medium hope for 07'ers and dim dim hope for 05's that I can go back to my original plans of either a cubby dual din or a flip out setup.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Does anybody know anyone in Germany? The German Legacy's are left hand drive and if they have the same kit available in Germany for the ACC we might get lucky...

Does anybody know anyone in Germany? The German Legacy's are left hand drive and if they have the same kit available in Germany for the ACC we might get lucky...

Can we find a german car enthusiast board out there maybe? Maybe even a specific German Legacy (or Subaru) board? I'll take a look around and see what I can find.

• 4 weeks later...

^ yeh now that i have a single din cd player in my upper bezel (instead of the cubby pod)

I could use this piece to install a 7 in screen monitor to complement my dvd/mp3/player - instead of having a cd player that isn't hooked up :)

Archived