LegacyGT.com

Underdog's '06 GRP Sedan 5MT

• 5 months later...

Nice to see your still around these here parts. Haven't heard much from you lately. I trust all is well ?

The WBM is coming up soon...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Hey Byron! Still checking in from time to time. All is well, just have been really busy the past 7 months and honestly I have been losing interest in the car. I'm not selling parts anymore either... can't justify the time and expense with the saturated market and a platform that is over a decade old. Who knows what the future holds, but until I can mentally commit to parting-out the car I may as well enjoy it, so I'm hoping to dedicate some time over the next few weeks to bring it to a stable condition and then liquidate the parts pile in my basement.

How are you doing? Good to see you and some of the other originals still on here!

parts pile? parts? tell me more :-)

Lulz...reminds me of the seagulls in the movie Finding Nemo..."Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine...ad infinitum :lol:

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Hi Rick, Yea I still fine this a great place to take up some free time. I'm doing well and really enjoy driving my wagon.

Sounds like what Mike, aka m sprank has found with parts for these cars.

Good Luck.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Yea Underdog is still here, and so am I. I sold my Outback "STI" but Ill still be on the forums myself.

Been on here since 2005, how could we ever leave????

Especially since my newly acquired 2013 STI hatch is a Legacy in different clothing to some degree...So many things are the same :)

Hoping to carve out a few hours this weekend to give it the pre-tune checkup. Boost leak test, compression & leakdown, check exhaust/suspension/brakes/fluids, change oil & filter. Maybe even get the WBO2 & Fuel Pressure wired to the ECU.

^This. See it more with iPhone uploads. Clicked on the link and it reoriented.

Not.

I opened it and it was still sideways.

A few winters of driving in New England and it will look like this,

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN7058_zpsdclzvyn3.jpg

LOL

Edited by Max Capacity

Took care of a few odds and ends to get it ready for tuning.

- Performed a boost leak test - 15PSI (tester kept popping off above that)

- Oil & filter change (528 miles, 628 total, filter element was clean)

- Tightened all exhaust, suspension, brake, wheel HW to spec

- Topped all fluids

- Check tire pressure

- Wired AEM UEGO & FPG 5V outputs to TGV inputs at ECU

Tomorrow I will either give it a quick detail or install the new seats, depending on the weather. Also emailed Matt Miner @ Wicked/Dynotech in Seekonk. As happy as I've been with Bren, a 5 minute drive makes things a lot easier vs. 1hr+ each way.

image.thumb.png.658b12c1023d7675fcd75f92b55250b3.png

image.thumb.png.8bcb3dd91d9b20212fa8cd3c0df66b49.png

Remember Mike Kinsman of Tuning Alliance uses ESP's dyno in Sterling MA. That's where my wagon was done.

Mike @ TA and the guys at ESP worked on my car back in '08. Was very happy with their work, but they are even farther than BrenTuning. Dynotech is right down the street, and Matt @ Wicked has had a stellar reputation since I joined the community over ten years ago.

Brides went in today. Used the 3.3 ohm resistor mod to delete the in-seat airbags but still need to figure out the occupancy sensor for the passenger seat (I removed the occupant detection module from the stock seat but not the bladder & associated connector). Also found that the driver's seat has an extra airbag plug I had not anticipated, so need to figure out if anything is needed there. Still need to tweak drivers seatbelt receptacle so no pics of complete driver's seat yet. (edit: The walkthrough for how I bypassed the occupant detection system and other airbag workarounds is here.)

IMG_9626.thumb.JPG.e765c51d67093a694ad93379a185ed2c.JPG

IMG_9627.thumb.JPG.1f222265483f99df6a3e4381467fb810.JPG

Here's the weight savings info:

Stock power/heated driver seat = 61.8lbs

Stock power/heated passenger seat = 57.4lbs

Total weight of stock seats = 119.2lbs

Bride Stradia II w/ F011RO rail = 36.2lbs

Bride Gias II w/ F012RO rail = 36.4lbs

Total weight of Bride seats = 72.6lbs

Total weight savings = 46.6lbs