LegacyGT.com

Underdog's '06 GRP Sedan 5MT

• 9 months later...

Yes that's the color. I'm not really a fan. It sounds stupid to say, but it's a little more grey than I would really prefer. Something brighter, closer to the silver end of the spectrum would have been nice. I've currently got the wheels off to refinish them in gold. 

It does look like they're reducing the options available for that wheel. No more 17x8s like I have there, only 18s in grey now. 

• Thanks 1

Lean toward the gunmetal end. Less blue than gunmetal would have. Almost like a metallic gunship type. It doesn't get super bright in direct light, though it'll appear a little darker in shade. 

You should still get it, I think it's almost perfect in a sea of te37s and evenly spaced 10 spoke wheels. The center bowl is visible while not exaggerated like the enkei raijins. Spoke spacing is very close Porsche 911 cup wheels. I will say the lip to barrel design is a little clunky, and at 18" it'll seem really spindly without larger brakes. 

Edit:

LOOK WHAT I FOUND 

With no tire on you can see it's more gray than my brake dusty stock wheel in natural light. With both tires on later that day, the OZ just doesn't have as much surface area to reflect brighter light. 

20180307_161615_HDR.jpg

20180307_183632_HDR.jpg

Edited by seanyb505
  • Like 2

The pics next to your stockers is helpful. I actually like that they aren’t plain silver, but It’s interesting - I found this thread from a few years ago selling the same wheels and they do look really grey on the car, but throw so much more light in the other pics.

I’m used to the machined face with light grey paint of my current wheels, so this color might work out. As far as the 18” - hopefully it doesn’t look too spindly with the Brembos under there. While searching for pics I came across some 20” leggeras and the spoke proportions definitely start to look spider-like at that size.