LegacyGT.com

Underdog's '06 GRP Sedan 5MT

Mike@TA is great and did a good job tuning my previous twinscroll setup, and Dave@ESP is a great guy as well. Since I started my business I have had had Bren tune all my customers' cars and have had good experiences there too. We are fortunate to live in an area with so much dedicated Subaru expertise.

Mike@TA is great and did a good job tuning my previous twinscroll setup, and Dave@ESP is a great guy as well. Since I started my business I have had had Bren tune all my customers' cars and have had good experiences there too. We are fortunate to live in an area with so much dedicated Subaru expertise.

Yes, that is true.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Rick I'm trying to figure out how to connect the 07 STI map sensor I have on my throttle body, I can't use my existing 05 LGT 3 pin connector. I can't for the life of me find the correct connector online. I don't suppose by chance you know the Subaru connector part #?

Gex said:
Rick I'm trying to figure out how to connect the 07 STI map sensor I have on my throttle body, I can't use my existing 05 LGT 3 pin connector. I can't for the life of me find the correct connector online. I don't suppose by chance you know the Subaru connector part #?

My STI manifold came with the wiring harness so I did not need to source that connector. Finding Subaru P/Ns for connectors is damn near impossible. I'll keep searching but so far I haven't found anything through my usual channels. If you can't salvage one then you can use a Cobb MAP adapter to convert the STI MAP port on the TB to accept a standard NPT threaded MAP sensor like AEM.

FYI - Ballenger Motorsports carries the LGT/WRX-style MAP connector (see below)... maybe you can call them up and see if they can match the STI one? Second and third pics are my STI MAP sensor connector.

Underdog said:

image.png

image.png

Thanks Rick I appreciate it! I can find the connectors for the 05-07 LGT all day but it is impossible to find one for the 06-07 wrx/STI. I even called up the two part manufactures and they said they don't offer the connectors :spin:.

Looks like I'm going plan b. I have a complete 07 STI harness I'm eyeing on eBay. I'll pull the trigger.

I slogged through 121 pages of connectors on the summit racing site. There is some other issues with using the 05 LGT harness where it interferes with the manifold so I just went ahead and ordered the 07 harness. It will be fun to install I'm sure.

Currently looking at the 17x8 Enkei T6S for clean look, decent weight/strength, good price, etc. Would like to fit 245/40-17 rubber.

Depending on the tire, 245 on 8 might be too much beef. I'm running 245/40 on my 17" by 8.5", and wouldn't want any more tire (already a little too much IMO). Here's my side shot... now imagine that tire on a half inch skinnier wheel. I'd step down to 235mm tires, or up to by 8.5" wheels :)

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

I haven't even committed to the idea of new wheels/rubber yet... thats pretty much bottom of the list in terms of urgency. I think my Hankook Ventus V12s have about 4k on them.

Right now I'm grappling with the Stradia/Gias and Zeta/Vios, which in turn has me thinking about a new DAMD wheel and new Redlinegoods boots to match.

image.png

Need to capture my thought process as I obsess over which seat to get. In this pic from the JDL-performance blog the Zeta III is on the left and the Stradia II is on the right.

The car is a weekend toy and is rarely driven for more than an hour at a time. I typically take it out to enjoy the many winding back roads in my area. I have a passenger maybe 10-20% of the time. The suspension is heavily modified but designed to be firm yet compliant. I am less concerned about ingress/egress for myself as the driver than I am for the occasional passenger and for the fact it would probably bug me if the seats did not match.

Zeta III/Vios III

- Fixed full bucket seat

- Zeta III lowers seating position up to 5cm (~2"). The Vios III is the "LowMax" version of the Zeta III which lowers the seat position an additional 3cm (~1.2") and has slightly narrower shoulder bolsters (about 1.5cm per side).

- Zeta III available in 3 sizes (standard, tall (L), tall & wide (XL)) I'm 5'11 and ~145lbs (28" waist) so the standard is probably fine for me but I may also get the tall for comparison, since I can't sit in them ahead of time. (Note: Vios III does not have size options)

- Both models available with 4 shell options: FRP black, FRP silver, super aramid*, carbon aramid* (* = special order)

- Weight ranges from 12.8lbs to 15.9lbs. Oddly enough the lightest model is the "Sport C" which is FRP black and does not carry FIA approval unlike the other shell options (including the FRP silver apparently).

- Bride/Cusco part available only in fabric option shown

Pros: Very low weight, different size options permit driver and passenger seats to be different yet match, full bucket design for maximum support

Cons: May require 4/5pt harness, more difficult ingress/egress (vs Stradia II/Gias II), , fabric option slightly less desirable than Stradia II/Gias II

Stradia II/Gias II

- 40-position quick-reclinable bucket seat

- Both models are "LowMax" which lower the occupant 8cm (~3.2")

- Both models available with standard or lowered knee cushions (see attached pic for cushion comparison)

- Gias II has full height side supports for the knees, while the Stradia II is lower for easier ingress/egress (see attached pic for support comparison)

- Available with 4 shell options: FRP black, FRP silver, super aramid*, carbon aramid* (* = special order; note: all Gias II models are special order)

- Weight ranges from 26.2lbs to 30.9lbs. With these models the "Sport C" still comes with FRP black shell but has a steel frame making it the heavier model. The non-Sport C models have an aluminum frame for weight savings. None of the Stradia II/Gias II carry FIA approval (not that I plan on racing).

- Bride/Cusco part available only in fabric option shown

Pros: Relatively low weight, reclinable, may work better with factory seat belt, easier ingress/egress (more so with Stradia II than the Gias II), fabric option slightly more desirable due to no logo on center panel

Cons: Twice the price and twice the weight of the Zeta III/Vios III, fabric option may compel me to replace existing DAMD wheel and Redlinegoods shift/e-brake boots (not much of a con :lol:)

All that being said I welcome outside thoughts on the matter.

954089983_zeta1.thumb.jpg.d11cea6ff81b18b62d7c0737730177c5.jpg

1115666038_zeta2.thumb.jpg.b9bab6a25884738f5c7d86ca545b6540.jpg

1521522453_vios1.thumb.jpg.4b5e97377aacfa5a07c0db69cf96f8af.jpg

stradia.thumb.jpg.b38f01465dbfd15ccfaa7dd8f0508261.jpg

I like the Stradia II/Gias II better (of course I am not paying for it....), but ability to change your seat position + easier ingress / egress due to the slightly lower sides.

The Zeta looks great for a car that's almost exclusively a track car.

Do you have the option to not lower yourself 3.2 inches?

Do these work with any airbags?

I like the Stradia II/Gias II better (of course I am not paying for it....), but ability to change your seat position + easier ingress / egress due to the slightly lower sides.

The Zeta looks great for a car that's almost exclusively a track car.

Do you have the option to not lower yourself 3.2 inches?

Do these work with any airbags?

I agree!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

@OB2.5XT I agree, and am trying to find the line between a track car and a car that is driven strictly for pleasure but on the street (like most of us for the way we use our cars). If it was just a 10lb sacrifice to get reclinability then it would be a much easier choice. When you factor in the difference in price it makes it a lot harder to justify, but the look and style of the Stradia does walk the line better than the fixed full bucket.

I believe they make adapters to raise the slider base a bit, and there is some adjustability built in. They also offer a variety of pads to augment the fitment, although I'm not sure how much you'd want to rely on those to raise the seating position. 3.2" does seem a bit extreme. I already feel like I'm dropping into my LGT after dailying the stock-height OBXT.

Well the driver side airbag is removed at a minimum. Supposedly you can splice in a resistor to the airbag harness to fool the system. I've also heard the occupant sensor can be relocated to the new seat, but that may only apply to older WRX/STI. Regardless, I don't think either of these workarounds is a guarantee the system will function properly.

ok, then do the fixed seat.

a while back, japanparts.com listed a JDM leather power recaro made for the BL/BP, but they dont anymore. that would be the holy grail of seats IMO

of the stuff you listed though the VIOS III is my fav. I would put them in my MX-5

i'm still gonna have to vote for the Stradia II/ Gias II.

it's still a weight savings, and this isn't racecar. i'd have to retain the heated seats though, those things are great. ;) not that i can in any way justify the expense for myself and my grocerygetter.

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

Thanks for the vote. I do love the heated seats in both my LGT and OBXT, but the LGT gets driven so rarely and only in good weather that it is something I'm willing to sacrifice. If it ever gets relegated to winter duty I'll throw the stock seat back in (or have an upholstery shop put in a heating element on the Bride/Cusco).