LegacyGT.com

Underdog's '06 GRP Sedan 5MT

Stuff to be tackled while I wait for tuning appointment:

- Swapping over to the red-stitched DAMD wheel (black one going up for sale soon)

- Ordering new Redline boots & armrest cover to match

- Deciding between JDM DD project or getting an '07+ H/U for aux in

I was thinking about replacing the H/U with a 4-channel amp w/ a bluetooth receiver, both mounted in the trunk near my battery box. Then just getting a magnet mount for my phone (either windshield or vent-mount), which I use for streaming radio, music library, soundcloud, etc. Then I would use my JDM DD for a switch & gauge panel. :spin:

WRX USA said:
DAMD, you can see it when you zoom in.

:yeahthat:

The red stitch is in. Now I just need to decide whether the new Redline boots are going to have red parallel stitch (like the seat - cleaner look IMO) or red baseball stitch (like the steering wheel). I am going to go with the Nappa black leather & black perf., like the current boots. I was toying with using Bride material in there somewhere but don't think it "fits".

The black DAMD wheel is listed in the classified in my basement cleanout thread. :)

WRX USA - I just learned that the '06 steering wheel audio controls do work with the 07-09 H/U and will be hitting you up shortly if I can bring myself to sell my JDM DD.

tysparks81 said:
Will the '06 steering wheel controls work in an 05LGT with 07-09 H/U or will the '05 Steering wheel controls work with an 07-09 H/U????

Literal was working on the same thing last night.

I haven't confirmed, but word is the steering wheel controls are interchangable with the headunits.

B4LGT22 said:
Which airbag will you be using for the steering wheels? Does the OEM airbag from 06 fit with the 08-09 steering wheel control?

I am using my 06 airbag with my 06 steering wheel controls on an 06-style DAMD wheel. Haven't tried any other combinations.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm... when I drove the car to the tuner on Saturday the airbag light came on.  Won't be able to diagnose until I get the car back, but possible suspects are:

- Didn't reconnect steering wheel airbag module correctly

- Occupant sensor signal incorrect when detached from bladder (edit: Later resolved this issue by bypassing the occupant detection module. See walkthrough here.)

- Driver position sensor

- Side airbag delete resistors

Anyways, bought new RedlineGoods shift and ebrake boots and the armrest cover. Went for black nappa and black nappa perf with the parallel JDM red stitch. 30% off and free shipping.

• I Donated
Hmm... when I drove the car to the tuner on Saturday the airbag light came on. Won't be able to diagnose until I get the car back, but possible suspects are:

- Didn't reconnect steering wheel airbag module correctly

- Occupant sensor signal incorrect when detached from bladder

- Driver position sensor

- Side airbag delete resistors

Anyways, bought new RedlineGoods shift and ebrake boots and the armrest cover. Went for black nappa and black nappa perf with the parallel JDM red stitch. 30% off and free shipping.

AFAIK the passenger sensor you can't unplug because it does weird things. Driver side you can unplug all day long. Could that have been it?

That's correct - the driver position sensor is just a hall effect switch that closes when the driver seat is all the way forward. I removed the sensor and plugged it in under the seat.

The passenger sensor on the 06+ is a pressure transducer that reads the pressure of the fluid in the bladder built into the passenger seat base. I removed the sensor from the passenger seat, capped the barbed end that hooked up to the bladder, and plugged it in under the seat. It is possible that the bladder was under some pressure even when the seat was empty, and now that there is no pressure it comes back as a fault. I may have to pull the sensor and try applying 5V and various PSI and seeing what comes back on the signal wire.

interested to see what you do as I am trying to find a way to make the 08 passenger seat work in my 05

Reuse the bottom of the 05 passenger seat since you also lose the seat belt spot on the side of the seat after 05. After a few years of "Racecar is life" with 06 Limited Tan and deleting the chime speakers I purchased another 05 Tan seat to toss in.

^Everything can be made to work, it just depends what you are willing to do to get there. I believe you have the harness for the power adjustment already, it is really about the occupant detection which changed from load-cell style to bladder-style.

I'm going to pick up the car this afternoon. I asked Matt to keep the boost and ignition timing mild for safety, since I'm really just trying to characterize the TMIC and make plans for higher octane. Dyno plot and initial feedback later today.

Left for vacation before I could get much seat time. Long story short I asked Matt to keep the timing conservative in the midrange for safety and also to avoid the big torque hump in the middle of the powerband. Very happy with the results thus far, and with higher octane we can easily push another 4-5PSI and add a bunch more area under the curve all the way to redline without having to push the timing. Before we do that I really would like to finish intrumenting the TMIC and making a splitter/duct. Otherwise I'll just be driving it and renovating the garage so I can do more work on it during the winter months. :)

WM UNDRDG.pdf

YgIynv.thumb.jpg.54d8ee967164b5b65fd4e65a3f477c16.jpg

Problem is my 05 seats are manual and the seats are from an 08 and they are automatic not sure they can be made to work.

I ended up buying a 05 limited seat, not the cheapest route but I couldn't for the life of me find the interior thread at the time.

• 3 weeks later...
Why not mount in the same fashion as the original??

Simply because the STI tmic provides a nice little ledge on which to mount?

you're always so concerned with mounting everything...

As for the topic at hand, let me know when you're done testing the full STI intake. i'll gladly take it off your hands. i was actually a little too excited when you said you were selling off all your parts, only to find out you (obviously) are keeping the good stuff for yourself.

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

Looking at both hood and TMIC mounting, but mounting on the TMIC seems like it will be easier to fabricate and facilitate better ducting. The cardboard mockup pictured would mount to the flange on either side of the TMIC and lines up perfectly with the scoop when the hood is closed.

Flinkly - if the Moore Performance Mothership works for my next setup then the STI manifold might actually go up for sale eventually. :spin:

Edited by Underdog