LegacyGT.com

The Official: Mountain Biking Thread

BDII

my blur is in the shop getting the talas and rp3 rebuilt, plus a full tune-up, ready for the rain to stop so i can get out there and ride. then when i pick the bike up from the shop, i'm gonna get them to throw on a Thule T2 rack and off i go. hopefully it doesn't rain this weekend. am planning to head out of the city for some real riding. mmm....

and Bulldogg, i might be up at UNH on the weekend on the 21st for an ECCC road race. and more surely, i'll be up at Exeter again around mid-may for a couple of days. i'll be bringing my mountain bike in may so maybe we can go out for a ride at fort rock.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah this isn't really what I was hoping for. 7"+ of rain last night then snow flurries on the way home tonight= me not riding for a while. Even a decent rain by me saturates the local park for a week or so....this one must have just trashed it.

anyone?? anyone?? trying to outfit my '93 litespeed hard tail with a fox shock.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Just had my bike jacked out of the garage this last weekend.:(:icon_cry::mad:

Well, guess its time for a new one now. Any recommendations on a XC/All mountain bike? Something in the entry level Heckler area.

What about the new Heckler?

never cared for the cruz stuff. They have a hard time building the straight.

The trek shit is looking good but for the buck the specialized line is a good value.

Fisher has a cool 29er full suspention for under 2 grand as well.

Cannondale has the good but you will pay for the goods.

Just getting fired up for a half dozen 100 milers

cascade cream puff 20 grand all singletrack

leadville 100 roadie fag fest but cool non the less

park city 100 insane climbing 22grand and 100% singletrack

brian head 100 ccol views

shendoa 100 fun,fast

been warming up with some 200 mile road rides

Miss the old days riding the mt snow downhill on a rigid fat chance and lycra was not even around, Used to be a ton of soul on the trail these days to mant want to be's.

I do miss riding 20,000 miles a year when the schwinn thing was happening but still great to ride at all these days.

So Randy, you hardcore?

The Heckler sounds like a good bike on paper but I have not ridden one. The problem is my budget, I could only get an entry level one. I've tried few Specialized bikes and they seem ok, but they are just so common. The Trek Fuel 8/9 looks like a good value but I can't find one at a local bike shop yet to see if it's got the right feel.

How much do you want to spend?
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

The Heckler sounds like a good bike on paper but I have not ridden one. The problem is my budget, I could only get an entry level one. I've tried few Specialized bikes and they seem ok, but they are just so common. The Trek Fuel 8/9 looks like a good value but I can't find one at a local bike shop yet to see if it's got the right feel.

Yes...what's your budget?

I've read a lot of good things about the new Gary Fisher HiFi. You can look into the Kona Dawg as well...that's what I'm riding.

jeez geddyup!! warming up with 200mile road rides:confused: . I've got my first race of the season this saturday.

bakers 13hour race

12hours of lodi farm

24hours of bigbear

wilderness 101m

shanandoah 100m

maybe I'll see you there!

never cared for the cruz stuff. They have a hard time building the straight.

The trek shit is looking good but for the buck the specialized line is a good value.

Fisher has a cool 29er full suspention for under 2 grand as well.

Cannondale has the good but you will pay for the goods.

Just getting fired up for a half dozen 100 milers

cascade cream puff 20 grand all singletrack

leadville 100 roadie fag fest but cool non the less

park city 100 insane climbing 22grand and 100% singletrack

brian head 100 ccol views

shendoa 100 fun,fast

been warming up with some 200 mile road rides

Miss the old days riding the mt snow downhill on a rigid fat chance and lycra was not even around, Used to be a ton of soul on the trail these days to mant want to be's.

I do miss riding 20,000 miles a year when the schwinn thing was happening but still great to ride at all these days.

So Randy, you hardcore?

So Randy, you hardcore?

meh.... I try things, but I hurt myself pretty bad twice last year riding by myself. If I ride with a buddy I go pretty crazy and usually end up doing something I wouldnt normally do :lol:

I have gone through a couple sets of wheels, a handle bar, rear forks, 5 sets of tires, 100's of tubes.

Luckily no bent frames yet.:cool:

I'm gonna shoot some videos this summer and post them up.

Right now i'm just waiting for Exeter and Masebesic to open back up.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Great thread! I've been mountain biking since 1991. My current stable consists of:

2006 Raleigh XXIX rigid 29er

2003 Inglis chromoly SS w/ Manitou Black 100/120

2004 Ellsworth ID w/ Fox Talas 125 RLC

1999 Schwinn Homegrown 4-Banger w/ Fox Vanilla 130 RLC

2002 Intense Uzzi SLX w/ Manitou Sherman Firefly Plus

2001 Schwinn Straight 8 w/ Marzocchi 888RC

I'll be replacing the Uzzi SLX with an Ellsworth Rogue and the ID with an Ellsworth Epiphany this year. I guess I spend my money on my bikes and not on my car. :lol:

c- lo looks like I will be seeing you in shendoa

Thinking about rallying in the 335i from idaho.

going for a 150 Sunday anf maybe 3 weeks from now riding to Jackson(240) the best part is coming down teton pass at 70 after 220 miles off the chart bezerk.

I am a obsessed Mountain biker. Who else is in the same boat? The reason I am asking is I bought a Santa Cruz Blur LT in a medium and it is too big. According to Santa Cruz's website it should fit as i am 5'6", however it is a little too tall. After swapping parts(stem, handlebars, seatpost) and re-adjusting seat height i cannot make the bike fit properly. I have ridden it about a dozen times. A local bike shop has performed all maintenance since i got this bike in January. It is a 2007 white powdercoat Blur LT medium frame with the fox RP23 rear shock.. I am looking to sell frame only, possibly headset(Blue Chris King, new when i purchased the bike). I am not sure if i can post a to sell it here or not, but i figured what the hell. I am asking $1325 for frame, $1400 for frame and headset. I love this frame. And have already ordered a Ano orange small Blur LT. Normally this frame sells for $1850 + tax. and the King headset runs between 120-150 depending on where you buy it. I will pay shipping charges to destination

http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=2999

Dude I didn't know you started a MT bike thread!!?? Sweet!

I put the rack on yesterday and I'm hoping to ride tomorrow night in Hampstead or around Masebesic.

So Randy, you hardcore?

Randy tends to do very inhumane things to his bikes. I asked him how long he has had his hardtail (since it's pretty beat) and he said "oh maybe 6 months. "

I chased him for over two hours and went home with a few band-aids but it was fun.

Here are my rides:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/RC-NUT/MT%20BIKE/SJUMP1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/RC-NUT/MT%20BIKE/JAMIS1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/RC-NUT/MT%20BIKE/2BIKES.jpg

Guys, i tried posting on here earlier, but apparently the moderators have not approved my post yet. I currently ride an 2007 Santa Cruz Blur LT in a medium. But after many unsuccessful part swaps i still cannot get it to fit right. I am would like to sell the frame for 1325, or frame and king headset for 1400. Check out my vbpicgallery for pictures. PM me if you have any questions.

just raced in the Bakers Dozen in leesburg last night. 13 hour race, 11am-12am. Sweeeeeeett course they just opened up on a private farm. freshly cut 7.5mile course, little jarring at times, but most of it smoothed out by the end. Not too hilly but fast as hell. we were turning 40-45min lap times. My team finished in the top 10.

Swapped the set back seatpost for a non set back post. Shortened the stem from 100mm- 80mm and raised and lowered it on the steer tube, higher rise on the handle bars. I have a friend that has a small LT from 05 and i played on it, felt much more natural.

Swapped the set back seatpost for a non set back post. Shortened the stem from 100mm- 80mm and raised and lowered it on the steer tube, higher rise on the handle bars. I have a friend that has a small LT from 05 and i played on it, felt much more natural.

to post pics, you scroll down once you've started a thread and click the manage threads tab.

Archived