LegacyGT.com

The Official: Mountain Biking Thread

BDII

I'll add: a small hand-pump, plastic tire-"levers", insect repellent, zip ties, carry some snacks/bars, camera (never know what you'll see!), and your mobile device. Might want some first aid like bandages, though most of my injuries have been more internal....torn ACL; separated shoulder; dislocated distal phalanx; broken scapula, ribs and clavicle done in one crash...i gots no skills...

geezuz!! and then you'll learn most of that stuff is way overkill. :lol:

pack based on how many miles you are going. shorter rides don't require as much gear. the necessities are a chain tool, tire levers, tube or two and go with a c02 cartridge. consider a spare derailleur hanger as well and a multi tool.

that's all you need.

and I hope you wear a helmet!

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
geezuz!! and then you'll learn most of that stuff is way overkill. :lol:

pack based on how many miles you are going. shorter rides don't require as much gear. the necessities are a chain tool, tire levers, tube or two and go with a c02 cartridge. consider a spare derailleur hanger as well and a multi tool.

that's all you need.

and I hope you wear a helmet!

I've had the need for all that stuff at one time or another, even if it's for a fellow rider who is less prepared. Camera is clearly optional, but I'm not a weight savings fanatic. Hell, I'm 50, I should prolly bring the de-fib! 400 watt seconds...CLEAR!!

• 4 months later...

The '06 Specialized Enduro Comp FSR is still going strong. I replaced the wheels (after taco-ing the rear), rear cassette, middle chain ring, chain, and grips.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i53/michaelhneal/Bikin/DSC00987_zpsb9101c9b.jpg

Archived