LegacyGT.com

The Official: Mountain Biking Thread

BDII

I've had some wrecks over the last couple years that've left me tentative about drop offs. ordering forearm/elbow pads, can't get used to pads on the knees/shins yet. we'll see what that does for my confidence.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The armor still doesn't help me...the only thing that got me close to doing some stuff was riding DH with some local pros. Don't get me wrong we weren't racing but I was able to kind of hang with them for a lot of the run so I was building confidence, occasionally enough to try soemthing I wouldn't otherwise do. But I did end up taking a dig bounce digger. Problem was it was on a relatively new trail so there were lots of 2" high sapling stubs sticking up, damn those hurt.

any of you guys coming down for this?:

http://www.ex2adventures.com/12-hours-of-cranky.php

this'll be my first 12 hour solo race. aiming for 6-7 laps, (60-70miles). using it to train for the shanandoah 100

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

this'll be my first 12 hour solo race. aiming for 6-7 laps, (60-70miles). using it to train for the shanandoah 100

Good luck! I have tons of admiration of solo endurance racers. I just did the 24 Hours of Adrenalin event at Laguna Seca (Monterey, CA) as part of a five-person team. It was brutal and fun at the same time. I can't imagine doing it as a solo rider though. :eek:

as is with most races, half way into I'll be asking myself why I'm doing it and that I'll never do another. thanks for the luck, I'll need it.

races are addicting. it started small with the biathalons and grew.

Good luck! I have tons of admiration of solo endurance racers. I just did the 24 Hours of Adrenalin event at Laguna Seca (Monterey, CA) as part of a five-person team. It was brutal and fun at the same time. I can't imagine doing it as a solo rider though. :eek:

:lol:you'd be surprised how many fatbastards I see out there:lol:. even saw one on a carbon fiber full suspension. :eek:

See I would have thought my screen name gave away my intentions....I do not race...I do it for fun and to allow me to have a few more beers without getting too fat.

let me know when you decide if you're doing it. we're supposed to have a pretty big group of people setting up tents. some solo, some on teams

I'll be in NOVA that day too..... Count me in tentatively.:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
I'll be in NOVA that day too..... Count me in tentatively.:cool:

did you come down and do it? awesome course.

I pulled out 50miles.

gotta come out next year and do it. check out the photos. scroll down a little to the 12hours of cranky monkey

http://www.waramos.com/

ooooh man....I missed out....

I did however ride down GUnstock today. The skii lifet guy wouldn't let me take my bike up the lift.

30 minutes of almost straight up climbing...

it was the most exhilarating 2 minutes of my life on the way down!

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just picked up my first mountain bike, Specialized Rockhopper disc. I have been riding my fiend's old Gary Fisher Wahoo. I have a '07 Spec B, and i am trying to find a bike rack that doesn't touch the car. The racks that fit over my spoiler still put stress on it when going over bumps.

You could always go with a hitch-mount rack. I've been fighting with the idea since I picked up my LGT. I already have one for my outback, which is great - I don't have to worry about banging the bike into the side of the car for the roof racks, and no scratched paint with the trunk lid racks.

I think the OEM one should fit, but you may want to check some of the threads. (I doubt there's anything different with mounting to the Legacy GT vs. the Spec B sedans.)

The problem I have is driving around a sport sedan with a trailer hitch! :spin:

If you've lowered your car, you may have clearance issues, but if it's stock, the OEM one seems to have the best ground clearance, from what I've read so far.

When Chuck Norris was born, the only person who cried was the doctor. Never slap Chuck Norris. - E.J.S.

• 4 weeks later...
I'll leave the air to you guys! I prefer to keep both wheels on the ground. my favorite thing is switch backs

Archived