LegacyGT.com

COBB sway problems getting solved!

LittleBlueGT

what exactly do endlinks do.. i've heard you need to replace them if you go the cusco route? True? Not true? Im not very knowledgable w/ suspension sway bars + endlinks?

-Jeff

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, i will wait to see what cobb does with the RSB for us lowered folk. i find it ridiculous that in order to make a part fit correctly, you have to buy additional things like adjustable endlinks. :(

this is poor planning on Cobb's part. why they didn't test this with a lowered car?? really, most people doing SUSPENSION mods also lower or upgrade their springs! i went with the cobb RSB because it was supposed to be a better fit with the reinforced brackets.. now i wish i'd just gone with the cusco RSB since those guys don't seem to have this issue, even lowered.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

You DO NOT NEED to replace your endlinks!

I got an e-mail today from COBB saying they are redesigning the bar, I get to keep the old bar (good for Outbacks)!

The redesign will be incorporated into all of their new bars.

When I get the new bar is anyones guess.

are they going to do that for everyone who just bought one too? since they did just come out with it?? or are we screwed? :( i'm not going to buy another RSB when i just bought this one 2 weeks ago!

Wow. I would have expected COBB to actually test with this configuration as it seems pretty common.

Considering the delay in getting the product to market I wonder just what they've been working on?

People say it takes them so long becuase they are perfectionists. I'll take that within reason but as some point it just stops being perfection and starts being poor project management.

Still waiting for that cat-back. Based on how long its taking I expect it to feed the starving children of the world and reverse global warming while making a low V8 rumble at idle while not sounding like a ricer fartcan at WOT and at the same time add 100hp at the wheels. :lol:

Hmm...little blue...my full Cobb set are on the way...I wonder what the chance is that they fixed the problem for this set? Hmmm...I have a set of the JDM Bilstien springs ready to go on (although they do not lower it all that much I understand) or I was even thinking about doing some pinks...which leads me to believe I will have some issues possibly...

Dooh...hope not!

are they going to do that for everyone who just bought one too? since they did just come out with it?? or are we screwed? :( i'm not going to buy another RSB when i just bought this one 2 weeks ago!

The big question for you is: Is the bar installed? If not you could install it to enjoy it now and plead ignorance once the new one is made available. It's not like Cobb is currently informing everyone of the problem. You should be in the clear. I think that much is obvious from how Cobb is handling the issue.

Of course, you've posted here and outed yourself as knowing about the problem. Moral dilemma.

Experience is something you don't get until right after you needed it.

Hmm...little blue...my full Cobb set are on the way...I wonder what the chance is that they fixed the problem for this set? Hmmm...I have a set of the JDM Bilstien springs ready to go on (although they do not lower it all that much I understand) or I was even thinking about doing some pinks...which leads me to believe I will have some issues possibly...

Dooh...hope not!

COBB will send you a new one.

You will probably not have problems 90% of the time, you may never even hear it. It doesn`t really hurt anything, although it could hurt your end-link life a little bit.

When COBB sends yuo a new one you will be able to sell your old one for an Outback user, that is what I will do.

Any takers.

Gosh, maybe Im just trippin here.. but I dont see the damage to that bar on the pics you posted. Yes, I see that its close, but i don't see any damage. I see what looks like dirt from dried out water drops or something.
"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Cobb:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/PatagonianGT/cobbbar.jpg

Cusco:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/PatagonianGT/Cusco3.jpg

Perrin:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/PatagonianGT/pic2.jpg

Ok fine, I see that its close but I don't see a hit. In the Perrin I see the hit..
"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

my point here is.. if theres no hit, what's the problem? I don't see any evidence of rubbing/hitting at all. I could be 0.5 mm away for all I'd care.. as long as it doesn't hit... it doesn't hit.

my point here is.. if theres no hit, what's the problem? I don't see any evidence of rubbing/hitting at all. I could be 0.5 mm away for all I'd care.. as long as it doesn't hit... it doesn't hit.

I couldn't get the camera at the right angle to show the hitting. When I feel it with my fingers it is there, and there is no mistaking the sound.

FWIW my Whiteline bar had similiar problems.

I couldn't get the camera at the right angle to show the hitting. When I feel it with my fingers it is there, and there is no mistaking the sound.

FWIW my Whiteline bar had similiar problems.

I'd certainly like to see a different angle... this also comes from a former Whiteline user.. who had no problems at all.

The big question for you is: Is the bar installed? If not you could install it to enjoy it now and plead ignorance once the new one is made available. It's not like Cobb is currently informing everyone of the problem. You should be in the clear. I think that much is obvious from how Cobb is handling the issue.

Of course, you've posted here and outed yourself as knowing about the problem. Moral dilemma.

it's been installed for a little over a week. any bump or hard acceleration and you can hear it clunk and little grind. when i have more time, i'll jack the car up and see if i can get any decent pics of the bar...

I'd certainly like to see a different angle... this also comes from a former Whiteline user.. who had no problems at all.

you've also stated no issues with the Perrin, but the rest of us know otherwise. :lol: Aside from hearing it, have you actually checked for signs of impact? From everyone whom I've asked with the 3-hole design, the answer is 'yes' even if they've never heard or felt the 'thunk'

you've also stated no issues with the Perrin, but the rest of us know otherwise. :lol: Aside from hearing it, have you actually checked for signs of impact? From everyone whom I've asked with the 3-hole design, the answer is 'yes' even if they've never heard or felt the 'thunk'

I dont have a three hole. Wanted one but JSC sent me the new one :icon_mad: .

However, BOXR has the Perrin with AVO links and his doesn't hit anymore.. too bad those AVO links are noisy though.

However, I ran the Whiteline for ~1month and when I took it off there were no signs of hitting, etc.

The one thing I've never understood is this... why add the extra un-necesary bend?

Not going to take it apart so you can see a pic of it!:icon_wink

I will show a pic when I get the new bar installed. Then you will see the point of contact.

I had pics somewhere of the whiteline bar, but can't find right now. (That bar got sent back to Rallitek for a credit)

that sucked! It hit on the OTHER side of things! Wow man, that sucks that you've had such bad luck with the choice of parts. Nevertheless they are apparently rectifying the situation, which is great news.

Archived