LegacyGT.com

COBB sway problems getting solved!

LittleBlueGT

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is seriously %^*$% up:mad: I had a major install day planned for this weekend and this screws it. I have a CBE ready to on which, if I understand correctly, needs to come off to make the RSB install easier. I'm not about to install the RSB and hope it doesn't hit or install the CBE, then turn around and uninstall it a week or two later when Cobb gets their $^#&* together. I've got a Cusco RSB that I was going to sell - maybe I'll put that on instead, get a matching FSB and $^#&*(can the Cobbs.

CUSCOs are good too.

I am sure COBB will get there act together.

As long as you don't have the autospeed exhuast I wouldn't worry about clearance issues with either RSB. BTW the mufflers take about 30 sec to unbolt to get the RSB on, no biggie!

BTW the mufflers take about 30 sec to unbolt to get the RSB on, no biggie!

That's good to know, but I'm also doing the Y-pipe/resonator, essentially a hybrid Lachute/Prodrive CBE. I got new gaskets for all the joints and I don't want to put anything on that might have to come back off in a week or two when I come back around and do the RSB. Guess I'll do the Y-pipe and either put the Prodrives or the stock mufflers on using the old gaskets. Then, after the RSB issue is resolved I put the new gaskets in.

I am having the same problem with my Cobb rear sway bar, i have used stock and avo endlinks and it hits in both settings. The rest of my suspension is stock on a 2005 LGT sedan. Peter at PL-Tek is waiting for me to send pics.

My Cobb front sway bar has bent slightly in a similar area on the front, but it does not rub, also using avo end links.

Anyone else????

Just had my full Cobb set installed today ... complete with Cobb End Links...felt great on the highway down from Whistler to Vancouver and went over speed bump in Vancouver (Very slowly I will say) and ..."Clunk!" ...dooh...I am running stock with the exception for JDM springs that were also installed today...

Other than that I am very impressed in how it drives now...big diference! BUt that clunk will have to go as I drive around the city a bunch...hope it gets fixed soon!

Peace out!

I suggest that everyone with Cobb sways check their front. Mine has bent on the drivers side at the 90degree bend before it connects to the endlink. I can see by looking at it and the paint has crinkled and bubbled up to confirm the extra bend. I would not have noticed If I did not change my brakes. I can't tell when driving, but it is there. I have to get pictures to Cobb so they can see it. I'm not sure if it is a single defective bar or if this is happening to others. I know the bars are supposed to be hollow, who knows? I will keep everyone updated.

I suggest that everyone with Cobb sways check their front. Mine has bent on the drivers side at the 90degree bend before it connects to the endlink. I can see by looking at it and the paint has crinkled and bubbled up to confirm the extra bend. I would not have noticed If I did not change my brakes. I can't tell when driving, but it is there. I have to get pictures to Cobb so they can see it. I'm not sure if it is a single defective bar or if this is happening to others. I know the bars are supposed to be hollow, who knows? I will keep everyone updated.

Pics?

I got the new Progress rear sway bar installed with the new reinforcement brackets. No clunking from the control arm and it clears my custom exhaust (barely, but it does). 2 hole adjustable, lowered on iON springs, and stock endlinks.

With everyone lowering their cars different amounts, different exhaust configurations, etc. it's not that easy to make a universal bar that is going to clear everything on the first try. With a wait as long as COBBs, you might expect it to be perfect, but they do have to deal with a lot of variables; give em a break.

Just had my full Cobb set installed today ... complete with Cobb End Links...felt great on the highway down from Whistler to Vancouver and went over speed bump in Vancouver (Very slowly I will say) and ..."Clunk!" ...dooh...I am running stock with the exception for JDM springs that were also installed today...

Other than that I am very impressed in how it drives now...big diference! BUt that clunk will have to go as I drive around the city a bunch...hope it gets fixed soon!

Peace out!

How much did it lower? 5/8F 1/8R?

Pics?

I told you you would like it!

You know...honestly it looks like it lowered the whole thing a bit but it's hard to tell...I will say I find it a bit bouncy in my wagon...I think that the springs are a bit overmatched for the back end of my auto/wagon...just my initial opinion...I will say it started bouncing a bit today on a road and i clnked three times in a row at moderate speed...dooh! I ordered a set of Pinks that say they are wagon and automatic specific and they also come with the rear seats as well so I think that these might be the perfect match all in all...Frankly I just want balance and feel for my wagon...

I took a ride in a sedan yesterday with pinks on stock and 18X8's that felt absolutely perfect indeed...no bouce and solid as hell! The ride height looked bang on.

I hope that the Cobb situation works itself out as that clunk is a bit off for me...but besides that the ride is great around corners and it made a big diff all around...

J

I had ordered the full set of Cobb bars from Racecomp last weekend. Got the call today that Cobb has held up all existing bar sets, and it could be 6-8 weeks before they will be available. I'm not lowering my car, and I'll miss trying them for my July track event, but I trust that they'll be around for my October track event (which actually would be fine, as that is at my usual track)
Ron

yep, clunk clunk clunk! i only have the RSB, so guess i'll be waiting for them to do their fix. i wanted to lift the car up and get some pics, but then it wouldn't really show since the suspension would be hanging. the car sits way to low for me to crawl under there, in fact, when i take it in for service, hubby has to bring the floor jack to lift it over the edge of the ramp or it scraps bottom... :( i hope they have a fix for this soon. the car handles awesome now, but the rubbing and clunking has got to go!
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

I guess I will be giving cobb a call this week to see what is up...the handleing is great but the clunking is brutal at best!

I cringe at every bump...looks like the old rsb will be going back on until they figure out a new design!

The front is great so far though and I will be leaving that puppy right where it is...

J

Had the car on a lift today getting the engine oil, trans and rear diff fluid changed.

The Cobb rear bar is definitely hitting the control arm on both sides. I have AVO endlinks (I adjusted them longer when I installed the RSB), I will try to get the stock endlinks back in tonight or tomorrow and see if it still hits.

Does anyone know the difference in the length of the stock endlink compared to the AVO adjusted all the way out?

This morning I swapped the stock endlinks back in. As you'll see from the pictures below, the stock link is slightly (~3/16 in) longer than the AVO. I had the AVO adjusted to what I considered the max safe length (around 1/4in threaded on both ends). I didn't have the AVOs quite that far out when I installed them, so I gained around 1/4" clearance with the stockers.

I'll be driving the car later today, and I'll report the results. I'm not very optimistic, but we'll see. In the other pictures you can clearly see where the bar was impacting the control arm...

StkvAVO.JPG.1ac282f36e5916ff0e72fc9b243bcbc1.JPG

RSB-L1.JPG.88ec862ce90db4e4b43ff9f5ee854bff.JPG

RSB-L2.JPG.4396368d98b6d3e37ba4df760bd97d6f.JPG

RSB-R1.JPG.9de37c98a166eebd796f1ac0c36f6d6b.JPG

RSB-R2.JPG.cd5e4245e47cb290639c587acf6ce0e8.JPG

Nice pics showing the problem. All of my close-ups were blurry.

Geometry is geometry. The longer end-links won't solve the problem, but they will lessen the frequency a lot!

Everything looks soo clean under there!:icon_mrgr

It has been about 2 weeks now, so hopefully I will get a new bar soon.

Archived