LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

I did it tonight. I used 3 washers just the cheap .99 SS ones from walmart.

The sound is interesting. definatly not the same as the bosal on the wrx but pretty good.

I might bring it down to 2 washers on each side and see how i like it

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I for one say it is officialy called the "HOG-MOD" how does that sound to everyone?

Definitely sounds better than calling it the 'MEAT_MOD!!

I'm intrigued; I might have to give this a try myself...

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

So I figured I'd give this thing a try, however funny it may be (seems to me that we are usually trying to get rid of exhaust leaks...not make them!!!)

Bought the washers, and started putting them on, when I dropped one, or maybe two in the exhaust pipe!:icon_mad:

I managed to get one of them out, but I'm still not sure whether I dropped one or two, cause I swear it was only one, and I fished around forever in the pipe to find the second...hmm...

Well aside from my stupidity, I got it done, and it sounds okay...definitely more noticable, but not as loud as an aftermarket exhaust...

I'm probably cheaper than the next guy, but I cannot believe that people are falling all over themselves about how great AN EXHAUST LEAK SOUNDS! If you look up ricer in the dictionary, intentional exhaust leaks have to be right up there with cut springs and 3 foot tall aluminum wings...:icon_roll

...If you look up ricer in the dictionary, intentional exhaust leaks have to be right up there with cut springs and 3 foot tall aluminum wings...:icon_roll

please stay tuned for the "menace wing mod", available in one size fits all ...adjustable from 3-6 ft, and comes in all LGT factory colors!:lol:

Bump for "menace wing mod"!!!!

Back on thread, just spent 6.3 min under my wagon for the HOG-MOD. I like it. I'm gonna ditch the resonator next.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

I'm probably cheaper than the next guy, but I cannot believe that people are falling all over themselves about how great AN EXHAUST LEAK SOUNDS! If you look up ricer in the dictionary, intentional exhaust leaks have to be right up there with cut springs and 3 foot tall aluminum wings...:icon_roll

i don't think people are falling over themselves with this. it's just cheap, fast, tunable and easily reversible. if asked, i'm going to say it's a gohan racing exhaust.:lol: i've also come up with a formula to help determine how many washers to use: 50/your age=# washers. here's mine, 50/42=1.19, this is probably where i'll end up (currently at 2)

btw, i like rice (the food product).

sansei

Ah... .who knows what "the most restrictive thing is". Everybody just speculates on that.

I have had the Hog-mod for almost a week now... with a 2 washer installation. I like it... but when I get some time I might try dropping it to 1 washer... just to see what it sounds like.

Hater. :lol:

Technically a performance exhaust is an exhaust leak :icon_surp

Rice = washers OR Rice = 4" tipped fartcan?

hmmm..

^ Hey, I resemble that remark! :lol: My Blitz Nur-Spec Touring fart-cans actually have 4 and 1/4 inch tips, so take that, DK! :p

All kidding aside, I agree, all we have to do to have a "performance exhaust" is just run an open DP. :D Besides, with just about any exhaust leak short of something pre-turbo (and even some, in that case), we still get plenty of "boxer rumble." :lol:

Ah... .who knows what "the most restrictive thing is". Everybody just speculates on that.

+1

And everyone and their cousin has the data to back up their claim of what changes net the most gain.

IMHO, just get the whole thing swapped out FTW! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

OMG! Finally caught up with this thread. I jokingly suggested this idea to some Mid-A people a year ago and they all gave me crap over it. I've had two aftermarket exhausts on my car and both were too loud. This mod is probably perfect for most drivers. :lol:

your just mad cuz you spent 1k on an exhaust.

Technically a performance exhaust is an exhaust leak :icon_surp

Rice = washers OR Rice = 4" tipped fartcan?

hmmm

+1

I have had the Hog-mod for almost a week now... with a 2 washer installation. I like it... but when I get some time I might try dropping it to 1 washer... just to see what it sounds like.

Im thinking the same thing...

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Thanks DullBog! Your always looking out for me!

I think that's a great idea:

Hog-Mod Stage 1: 1 Washer

Hog-Mod Stage 2: 2 Washers

Hog-Mod Stage 3: 3 Washers

Woot! I always wanted to be Stage II !!!!!

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

I did the stg 1(1 washer) Hogmeat mod on a full catless system.

Waaay to loud fr me,plus I have a wagon,,can you say droooooone.

No more washers:lol:

Hmmmm?? Catless and too loud? I only have my main cat left - I wonder what gutting it will do to the sound? I hope it doesn't make it too loud!!

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Call it ricey or ghetto or whatever you want. I'm tryin it.

:)

My other car is a 1993 Chevy S-10 Tahoe! (Currently being driven to failure by my nephew)

$500/HP. Ouch!!!!

Mine is $4/HP ($2 @ 0.5HP)

me = the wins!!

I can guarantee that you didn't even gain .0001hp

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC