LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I might try it once the weater improves.

Are there any drawbacks to doing this?

The sound:icon_lol:

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Ding! Ding! Ding!

That is exactly right - if I would have shown what I did, it would have been dismissed as "stupid". But after everyone liked the sound - it was shown that you don't have to spend $800 to have a good sounding exhaust!

Also - to the people who say their cat-backs are so much better - well, I'll dry my tears with the huge wad of cash left in my pocket.

And here I was thinking the whole point of an aftermarket exhaust was to gain power... silly me... We all just need to leave our mufflers loose to gain some noise! That's what it's really all about!:icon_tong

For me, a little more noise is fine, but if I could get an exhaust that was silent but made appreciably more power than stock, I'd be all over it.

And here I was thinking the whole point of an aftermarket exhaust was to gain power... silly me... We all just need to leave our mufflers loose to gain some noise! That's what it's really all about!:icon_tong

For me, a little more noise is fine, but if I could get an exhaust that was silent but made appreciably more power than stock, I'd be all over it.

+1 that is why I will spend 2 grand on iONS upcoming TBE.

The Home Depot fastener aisle has always been a hotbed of new and creative ideas for modding your ride.

If you do this mod,,make sure you buy stainless washers,ya don't wont those babys rusting on ya:lol:

The Hog strikes again,,well played.;)

To each their own.... I still think this is a very creative mod.

My wife and I took the car across town today (~50 miles) and I think I like the sound even more the longer I listen to it. This might be a perma-mod for me! ;)

The Home Depot fastener aisle has always been a hotbed of new and creative ideas for modding your ride.

If you do this mod,,make sure you buy stainless washers,ya don't wont those babys rusting on ya:lol:

The Hog strikes again,,well played.;)

If you use mild steel and they rust over, it might just look rusted out vs modifed if you get pulled over. Just a thought. Just washers :/

Or you could spend way less than half that and get the upcoming Megan Racing TBE ;)

$1000 for a TBE?

3 inch divorced waste-gate?

3 inch donut for proper flex but no restriction at the DP flange?

with 3 inch high-flow metalic cat?

with resonator?

dual mufflers

all T304 Tigg welded

DP TIGG welded inside and out?

hangers and flanges T304?

If that is the case I am in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FWIW I asked my welder about those specs and he says the raw material alone is worth about $1000, plus you need a welder, etc..........

Prove me wrong, please prove me wrong!

I doubled up 2 .... the total flange gap is right around 1/8", I believe.

Yup - the good thing about this mod - is that you DON'T have to worry about exact same thickness! Just grab 4 x 4 washers (16 total), and try it to your own taste!

Try 4 each bolt - too loud? go to 3.... too loud? go to 2.... Just right? Bingo!

But my flange gap is a tad more than 1/8" - i'd guess in between 1/8 and 1/4 - so 1/6"

Really, just pause the video, and visualize what size you'd need to mimic that - and let it be known, I used 2 washers each bolt.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

$1000 for a TBE?

3 inch divorced waste-gate?

3 inch donut for proper flex but no restriction at the DP flange?

with 3 inch high-flow metalic cat?

with resonator?

dual mufflers

all T304 Tigg welded

DP TIGG welded inside and out?

hangers and flanges T304?

If that is the case I am in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FWIW I asked my welder about those specs and he says the raw material alone is worth about $1000, plus you need a welder, etc..........

Prove me wrong, please prove me wrong!

Here you go http://www.autospeedperformance.com/subaru/LegacyGT/aspsu-legctbk.htm

I'm not sure about the hangers but for the extra grand i'd skip the hangers but thats just me. IMO there is not an exhuast system on the face of this earth worth 2K. I've always thought this was one of the nicest systems out there for the money.

cool effect

any danger of exhaust fumes ( esp CO ) building up underneath

the trunk area and seeping inside the cabin space?

I really don't think so! I've had someone rev it to 3,000 while I was under the car feeling the airflow - it really does seem that most of the air still goes out the tailpipe. I mean, there just wasn't a huge flow of air coming out the edges.

Also, being that the underbody is sealed, there is no chance when combined with the fact that this is just 2 feet in. Not like it's under your seat or anything.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

cool effect

any danger of exhaust fumes ( esp CO ) building up underneath

the trunk area and seeping inside the cabin space?

I've had no issues in the 100 or so miles I've driven.....

OK...just did this mod with some skepticism and wass pleasantly surprised. Nice tone when teh car turns over, but still fairly quite at idle. Get on it and you hear that boxer rumble. For the 30 minutes it took (including run to local hardware store) and the $1 in parts, even if I decide later it drones n the highway I am out nothing really.

hogmeat: you mentioned that most of the air seems to be going through the muffler @ 3k but what about at idle? I did this alone so couldn't check @ 3k but at idle most air was coming out of hte flange. But I guess that makes sense since at higher rpms the velocity is higher and is more likely to travel along in the pipe.

Thanks hogmeat...fun mod

OK...just did this mod with some skepticism and wass pleasantly surprised. Nice tone when teh car turns over, but still fairly quite at idle. Get on it and you hear that boxer rumble. For the 30 minutes it took (including run to local hardware store) and the $1 in parts, even if I decide later it drones n the highway I am out nothing really.

hogmeat: you mentioned that most of the air seems to be going through the muffler @ 3k but what about at idle? I did this alone so couldn't check @ 3k but at idle most air was coming out of hte flange. But I guess that makes sense since at higher rpms the velocity is higher and is more likely to travel along in the pipe.

Thanks hogmeat...fun mod

Yes! Another convert! Whooo Whoooo!

Anyways, I think the whole "air velocity" thing is right. There may be more coming out the flanges at idle, as the air doesnt have enough momentum to work it's way through the muffler - but there is still significant flow out the tips.

When your pushing 3x, 5x, 10x (under boost) the amount of air, it has way more pressure, and can make it through the muffler better.

Think of this - there has to be airflow through the mufflers - because it's significantly quieter than if you took the mufflers off altogether!!