LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ha ha...I told a fellow LGT owner at work about this and he gave me that look. Well I recently did the DIY short shifter mod and I had him take my car out to see if he wanted to do it. Well not only does he plan on doing the shifter, now he wants to hear a little boxer rumble too. When he started up the car he was very surprised with how good it sounds. So it looks like we have another convert.

Here's another one. Two S.S. washers. Short drive and am undecided if it will stay. I will live with it for a few days to see if the number of "what was that?" looks outnumber the number of "what the f***?" looks. Maybe it's the automatic.
It is still ugly.

Here's another one. Two S.S. washers. Short drive and am undecided if it will stay. I will live with it for a few days to see if the number of "what was that?" looks outnumber the number of "what the f***?" looks. Maybe it's the automatic.

not everyone is familar with that boxer sound. They expect to hear a fart can on a car like ours....

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

not everyone is familar with that boxer sound. They expect to hear a fart can on a car like ours....

My wife says stage I sounds like a Volkswagen. I just went stage II tonight. If she's right, this is one bad a$$ Bug!!!:icon_lol:

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Hog! Best mod evar! Or at least cheapest mod. I completed it after changing out my RSB this weekend. Unfortunately, got into some "trouble" with the cops and changed it back to stock promptly. But like others have mentioned, this really gives you a feel for whether or not you want to upgrade to an aftermarket CBE or TBE.

Hog! Best mod evar! Or at least cheapest mod. I completed it after changing out my RSB this weekend. Unfortunately, got into some "trouble" with the cops and changed it back to stock promptly. But like others have mentioned, this really gives you a feel for whether or not you want to upgrade to an aftermarket CBE or TBE.
details!

Hog - please update the first post in this thread with the most up to date info - washer sizes, prices, type of washers, etc etc...

Also, keep the videos in there.

It isn't that compicated... get 8 washers (4 for each side --> 2 for each bolt). A regular old washer will do.....

Take the bolts out... remove the flange gasket... insert the bolt through the first flange, through 2 washers, through the second flange... and then the nut.

This isn't rocket science..... :lol:

It isn't that compicated... get 8 washers (4 for each side --> 2 for each bolt). A regular old washer will do.....

Take the bolts out... remove the flange gasket... insert the bolt through the first flange, through 2 washers, through the second flange... and then the nut.

This isn't rocket science..... :lol:

Exactly.

I found out I waaaay overpaid at my local hardware store. 1.97 for 8 washers. I coulda got 20 of the for .49 at Menards!!!!

Damn! I feel so ripped off. I coulda used all that money...to buy a pop...or something.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

details!

I did the mod after installing a RSB this weekend. My friends LOOOVED the sound, so did I. Well, I decided to stay and watch a movie over at my friend's house. I leave his house at 1:30 am and decide to go home.

On my way home, I notice that there's a sobriety check point up ahead. It's okay because I haven't drank anything. Cop waives me over and asks me to stop:

Cop: License please.

Me: Sure officer

-Hand over license-

Cop: Have you been drinking tonite?

Me: No officer, not at all

Cop: Where are you headed tonight?

Me: Just going home officer.

Cop: Oh I see...

-At this point I think he's going to waive me through-

Cop: That's a pretty loud exhaust you got there...

Me: (playing dumb) really officer?

Cop: And it's a new car... (I don't have plates yet)

Me: Yes officer...

-Pauses for a moment, listens some more, and then decides to waive me through-

I basically drive as sloooow as possible the rest of the way without making too much noise. I'm so glad that 1) I drive a LGT, and 2) I had no plates. I think the sleeperness of the car confused the cop. I was seriosly s*tt*ng bricks.

Gist of the story, great mod for 24 hours! Haha! I also loved how easy it was to go back to stock!