LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

more like patened dumbass technology.

WTF?

why can't people just save up money to buy quality products.

it's this ricer mentality that has almost ruined the performance car scene

for me( besides the fast and the furious)

about twenty years ago when I started hooking up cars it was alot different.

first off you had to have a performance car to begin with like a Datsun 510 or a Conquest TSI or Subaru XT6 not just some compact car you could put rims on.

I got news for the people that think that a Honda Accord is a sports car because it has so many aftermarket parts avail. Crappy Chinese Wal-Mart perfomance parts that is. which brings me to the current washer mod.hardware stores do not sell performance parts period.what's next ? grocery store ? maybe

a cheap NOS system that includes a can of whip cream and 6ft of kite string:lol:

Subaru friends don't let Subaru friends do ricer mods. don't do it!

let's bring it back to the time when real tuning and subtle looks were the rage.

time to unpimp the scene

Lots of people spend big $$$ on an aftermarket exhaust to achieve what this washer mod does for $1.98. It's not "rice" at all, it's enjoying the sound of your car. "Rice" is those fart-can exhausts on the civics and accords. It's a simple install, easy to go back to stock too if you decide the sound isn't for you. Why not try it if you're trying to achieve a sportier sound? I don't understand your post at all. No one here is "pimping their ride" by doing this in my opinion.

- The Mortgage Man

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ i agree.

i'm about to knock it down a bit more this weekend. i had some idiot in a Z try to race me last night. this indicates to me it's a bit too loud and no, i don't rev it just to make noise.

to me and other purist out there sound is a bi-product of performance.

so if you have enhanced the performance of your car the sound comes naturally.

if you have enhanced your sound to represent performance you are a poser and that=Rice:icon_bigg

Example

"hey that exhaust sounds great. what kind is it?"

this is were you either lie and say "it's a SPT or STI" or you tell the truth

"i put some washers in the exhaust flange to create a leak,cool huh."

this is were most purist will stop talking to you and walk away thinking rice-boy...

to counter your above remarks. I'm over 100ftlbs of torque more than stock. My car runs silent. I spend 68 cents to get some noise.

I greatly enhanced the performance of my car and the sound just wasn't there.

No posing here, just a wagon that can romp on just about anything I come across on the road.

Telling a "purist" you spent 68cents for noise instead of $500 isn't gonna make him walk away.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

specDiddy-point taken

we'll just have to agree to disagree.

i like the mod because it's allows me to determine what noise level i will be comfortable with when i do graduate to stg 2 and a tbe. it's a good tool imo. having someone throw me revs at a stoplight is NOT my goal.

I like how I can actually hear my engine now when I rev match

Yeah.... it makes it alot easier to hear what is going on.....

The car, stock, is WAY too quiet. I'm not driving a Ford Taurus, for petes sake.

more like patened dumbass technology.

WTF?

why can't people just save up money to buy quality products.

it's this ricer mentality that has almost ruined the performance car scene

for me( besides the fast and the furious)

about twenty years ago when I started hooking up cars it was alot different.

first off you had to have a performance car to begin with like a Datsun 510 or a Conquest TSI or Subaru XT6 not just some compact car you could put rims on.

I got news for the people that think that a Honda Accord is a sports car because it has so many aftermarket parts avail. Crappy Chinese Wal-Mart perfomance parts that is. which brings me to the current washer mod.hardware stores do not sell performance parts period.what's next ? grocery store ? maybe

a cheap NOS system that includes a can of whip cream and 6ft of kite string:lol:

Subaru friends don't let Subaru friends do ricer mods. don't do it!

let's bring it back to the time when real tuning and subtle looks were the rage.

time to unpimp the scene

your just mad because you got ripped off in the past.

I bet if COBB sold these washers for $200 a pair you wouldnt complain.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Maybe I'm the devil's advocat here...but um, creating an exhaust leak...that is rice...doesn't have to sound like it...

I think it's quite funny...and I find now that I did it, my gaskets are crap, so I can't go back, until my new CBE comes in next week!:icon_bigg

Maybe I'm the devil's advocat here...but um, creating an exhaust leak...that is rice...doesn't have to sound like it...

I think it's quite funny...and I find now that I did it, my gaskets are crap, so I can't go back, until my new CBE comes in next week!:icon_bigg

what size washer did you use that ruined enough of the gasket for to leak with no washers?

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

what size washer did you use that ruined enough of the gasket for to leak with no washers?

Ya'll arent leaving the gaskets in are you? Take the gasket OUT all together! Put them in ziploc baggie for reuse should you get tired of this mod.

That's why it's so great - completely reversable.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

to me and other purist out there sound is a bi-product of performance.

so if you have enhanced the performance of your car the sound comes naturally.

if you have enhanced your sound to represent performance you are a poser and that=Rice:icon_bigg

Example

"hey that exhaust sounds great. what kind is it?"

this is were you either lie and say "it's a SPT or STI" or you tell the truth

"i put some washers in the exhaust flange to create a leak,cool huh."

this is were most purist will stop talking to you and walk away thinking rice-boy...

There is a very fine line between a purist and a elietist.:rolleyes:

My gaskets were ruined just by me taking them off for the first time w/ 17,000 miles on them...The washers have nothing to do with it since I am running the washers without the gasket between.

Now I wave a few things to say on this. First of all to all you haters calling this mod rice yeah well it could be thrown in to the rice caragory but is by no means close to cutting your stock springs to lower it. BTW on Overhaulin' Chip Foose did cut aftermarket springs a coil cause the car was not low enough. Wait isnt he in the Hotrod Hall of Fame too, are you gonna call him a ricer now?

I think the consencous on this board is that the stock LGT is way too quiet and we all want it louder, and there ae really no exhausts on the market that are reasonabley priced or at least the price/performance ratio does not justify it. I think most users will use this just so they can hear the car a little more and wait for some more exhaust to come out that are more balanced in the price/performmance gain ratio.

I plan on doing this because it is a pretty good idea, it's cheep, totaly reversable, and it will keep me happy till I get an exhaust. I have done some suspention mods and swaped out the stock air filter and will do this soon, and if you wanna call me a ricer go right ahead, will you still be saying that if i do the STi swap and meth? If you think its rice then don't do it, it is your car after all.

Secondly is it just me or does that Civic Honda123 posted look really stoned?

This just off the wire!!! Summit Racing has just announced a new product...

"High Performance Racing Washers" available in your choice of colors and widths.

All aluminum fr weight saving is an added bonus plus all edges have been bead blasted and beveled fr just the right look.Our wind tunnel testing shows these to be MUCH better performance wise then your local hardware store mild steel washers.

Available in most sizes up to 1/2 inch.

10 to a box @$14.95 each"

Hog,you better call your lawyer,I smell a lawsuit here.

I was waiting fr paint to dry