LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

All you converts - if you have a digicam - we'd all love to see your own videos! Just take a movie with your camera - compress it with Windows Movie Maker (so easy grandma can figure it out) to a 1.0MB bitrate, and uploadit for FREE on www.putfile.com. Max file size is 25MB.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here you go http://www.autospeedperformance.com/subaru/LegacyGT/aspsu-legctbk.htm

I'm not sure about the hangers but for the extra grand i'd skip the hangers but thats just me. IMO there is not an exhuast system on the face of this earth worth 2K. I've always thought this was one of the nicest systems out there for the money.

That TBE exhaust is about $1500.

It comes with a ceramic cat -$100

It has a Bellmouth WG -$150

It bolts up to stock system if required which means 2.5" or less at DP flange

Does not include its own 3 inch donut connection -$75

Does not have flex section in DP -$100

Besids IMO iON quality is unparalleled and their USD price would be about $1875 for the system I want.

If you add up the extras they have vs the Autospeed then it pretty much makes sense.

Not that the Autospeed system is bad, but you get what you pay for.

One big plus for the iON system is it is customizeable.

Big plus for the Autospeed system is it is available now!

I may swap turbos in the future so I want a TBE that really works for whatever I amy do to the car.

$1000 for a TBE?

3 inch divorced waste-gate?

3 inch donut for proper flex but no restriction at the DP flange?

with 3 inch high-flow metalic cat?

with resonator?

dual mufflers

all T304 Tigg welded

DP TIGG welded inside and out?

hangers and flanges T304?

If that is the case I am in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FWIW I asked my welder about those specs and he says the raw material alone is worth about $1000, plus you need a welder, etc..........

Prove me wrong, please prove me wrong!

MRSP will likely be around $1000, with a street price a couple hundred lower. Yes to everything on your list except the cat, and the donut gasket. I believe the DP will have a flex section instead of a donut gasket to give it some flex, but allow better fitment with other aftermarket catbacks, if one so chooses. They are still deciding between going with a bellmouth or divorced on the DP, but both designs work equally well. If you want a cat, take all the money you saved and buy any of the metallic substrate cats out there for $150 and have it welded in for $50. Voila, catted TBE for $1000.

MRSP will likely be around $1000, with a street price a couple hundred lower. Yes to everything on your list except the cat, and the donut gasket. I believe the DP will have a flex section instead of a donut gasket to give it some flex, but allow better fitment with other aftermarket catbacks, if one so chooses. They are still deciding between going with a bellmouth or divorced on the DP, but both designs work equally well. If you want a cat, take all the money you saved and buy any of the metallic substrate cats out there for $150 and have it welded in for $50. Voila, catted TBE for $1000.

Is it customizeable?

Divorced WG will give better response in partial boost situations, not necessarily make more power at WOT. The further down the tube goes the better (Hopefully further then Perrin's)

Does it chock down to less then 3 inches at the DP flange?

One other thing I forgot. iONs system had it pipes mandrel bent by one of only a couple of benders that allow much sharper turns then most. What this means is no loss in ground clearance at the Y-pipe. Almost all aftermarket exhuasts lose a little bit of clearance there. To most it might not matter, to me living in Canada it matters for the winter.

If you are right about the price (I think there will be compromises for that price) then that is awesome and will sell very very well!!!!

so i just spent the 68 cents and did the mod. The sound is ok, it's not performance muffler sound, but it also only cost 68 cents.

I've only got two real concerns.

1. That open flange is gonna get water in it and salt in the winter which is gonna tear apart the insides of the muffler.

2. How ever much flow you think is actually going through the muffler, alot isn't. No idea how hot things around that open flange are gonna get, but i hope nothing melts.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Did it. Bought a pack of 15 washers at Wal Mart. I started with a pair on each bolt. I like the sound. Not bad for 83 cents and ten minutes work.

Now all I need is a Hogmeat Exhaust sticker! :cool:

High flow random tech metalic cat is over $200.

You really do like to spend too much money, don't cha? ;) With Random you are buying the name. There are a plethora of other metallic substrate cats on the market that are priced much better and are functionally identical.

With regards to the other questions, the debate of whether a divorced DP or bellmouth DP is better is an old one, in which no one has ever really proven any substantive differences. IMHO, in sum they are equivilent.

As to customizing. No. This is a production piece, not a one-off. I've told Megan Racing what I believe the vast majority of LGT owners would want in an exhaust and that's what they are building. With homogeneous production comes lower costs. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

The MR system is 100% 304 stainless and 100% mandrel bent, fully 3" throughout till the y-pipe when it splits to 2.5" pipes. Ground clearance is very good. My car is lowered and I did not scrape the bottom of the car with the stock catback, and I still do not scrape anything with the MR exhaust. BTW, even though I live in Sunny SoCal now, I grew up in Toronto, so I know about winters.

In the end, I think people will buy what they like best. While I think the MR parts are the best value on the market, I can't get on people for buying other more expensive brands because they want to. Some people find value in a $300 pair of jeans, when you can get jeans from a lesser brand for $30. Is one 10x better than the other? No, but if there is something about them that you find worthwhile, then go right ahead. Same goes for car parts.

so i just spent the 68 cents and did the mod. The sound is ok, it's not performance muffler sound, but it also only cost 68 cents.

I've only got two real concerns.

1. That open flange is gonna get water in it and salt in the winter which is gonna tear apart the insides of the muffler.

2. How ever much flow you think is actually going through the muffler, alot isn't. No idea how hot things around that open flange are gonna get, but i hope nothing melts.

1. If your worried about corrosion - how is getting a little bit inside (which will be heated up and evaporated out) any different then getting it on the OUTSIDE? If your point holds true, why don't mufflers die after 2 or 3 years with all that steamy moist exhaust gas? I mean, it used to drip off my grand prix.

2. Doesn't get much hotter than your exhaust tips - because it's so far back and the the flanges aren't even close to anything at all. The tips are 1" from the plastic bumper, and are OK.

As for flow through the mufflers - it's MUCH MUCH quieter than when I had muffler deletes - explain that.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

becasue the outside of the cans are polished and treated and the inside has been exposed to hundreds of hours of sulfluric acid.

usually by the time you park your car the cans are hot enough to evaporate any water that got in them, but if you drive through a puddle and ingest some water then park your car...you got water sitting in the can. Salt also never gets inside the can....unless it's got an opening

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

You really do like to spend too much money, don't cha? ;) With Random you are buying the name. There are a plethora of other metallic substrate cats on the market that are priced much better and are functionally identical.

With regards to the other questions, the debate of whether a divorced DP or bellmouth DP is better is an old one, in which no one has ever really proven any substantive differences. IMHO, in sum they are equivilent.

As to customizing. No. This is a production piece, not a one-off. I've told Megan Racing what I believe the vast majority of LGT owners would want in an exhaust and that's what they are building. With homogeneous production comes lower costs. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

The MR system is 100% 304 stainless and 100% mandrel bent, fully 3" throughout till the y-pipe when it splits to 2.5" pipes. Ground clearance is very good. My car is lowered and I did not scrape the bottom of the car with the stock catback, and I still do not scrape anything with the MR exhaust. BTW, even though I live in Sunny SoCal now, I grew up in Toronto, so I know about winters.

In the end, I think people will buy what they like best. While I think the MR parts are the best value on the market, I can't get on people for buying other more expensive brands because they want to. Some people find value in a $300 pair of jeans, when you can get jeans from a lesser brand for $30. Is one 10x better than the other? No, but if there is something about them that you find worthwhile, then go right ahead. Same goes for car parts.

Anxiuosly awaiting the release of the MR kit. I just am a bit skeptical, because if it meets all of those requirements at less then a grand I will jump on it. If it is closer to $1400 then I will wait for iON and pay the price diff.

I think the iON is worth $600 more, but I don't think it is worth $1000 more.

done!

sounds good.

i bought ss washers (3/8" BTW) and started with a stack of 3 and am now down to 2. i'll probably knock it down to 1 on the passengers side.

this mod may improve my mileage since i'll be keeping the revs down around town.

thanks hog

spent $1.62 at autozone and it sounds great.

1.62 seems the most, anybody spent more?

One of my concern is bringing to the dealer, will they void the warranty or will they try it on their own subie? Or just to be in the safe side put it back to oem? What do you guys think?

I think 1 way of getting away is lying that it is a SPT exhaust. (not sure if that voids the warranty also)

spent $1.62 at autozone and it sounds great.

1.62 seems the most, anybody spent more?

One of my concern is bringing to the dealer, will they void the warranty or will they try it on their own subie? Or just to be in the safe side put it back to oem? What do you guys think?

I think 1 way of getting away is lying that it is a SPT exhaust. (not sure if that voids the warranty also)

None of this will void your warrenty...don't worry.

Keep it like that, no need to put it back to oem, your dealer has not the power to void your warrenty, even if it were something serious that you did to your car (and this is nothing serious at all...you can go full TBE and your dealer won't give a crap...)

I for one say it is officialy called the "HOG-MOD" how does that sound to everyone. I think I'll try it tonite. Under a $1 why not. I send more money on more stupid sh1t than this can possibly be until i get a new exhuast. +1 For HOGMEAT.

I currently have the NonovUrbizniz Chime Mod, Deer Killer DRL Mod, and am seriously considering the Hogmeat Exhaust Mod.
My other car is a 1993 Chevy S-10 Tahoe! (Currently being driven to failure by my nephew)

ok,

so I went to Jedimasters favorite MOD store, the HOME DEPOT, and I picked up 8 3/8th's washers costing $1.08.

With my car being relatively new, it took little to no effort to get the cans disconnected. I simply jacked up one side at a time and unscrewed the bolts.

Done.

the sound? maybe a little loud for me.... I'm considering just doing this on one can, the passenger side one, maybe this will quite it down a little.

But for now I'm gonna keep it the way it is and enjoy the boxer burble!

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT