LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He installed spacers on the bolts... between the flange faces.... thereby letting some of the pressure waves escape....

Just take the flange loose, remove the gasket... re-install the bolts.. while inserting a washer on each one (between the flanges).....

NOT BAD, Hogger! What thickness washers/spacers did you use?

hmmm, maybe its me, but i think thats *abit* too loud?

did you space just one side? or both of them? sounds real nice though.

so my question is, would spacing just one side and/or using smaller spacers reduce sound intensity? i'm aiming for about halfway between stock and what you have.

i'm saying this because i live around lots of old people, LOTS of [conservative] old people and dont want to be too obnoxious on campus either. too many ricers as it is, dont want to be mistaken for one.

matt

He installed spacers on the bolts... between the flange faces.... thereby letting some of the pressure waves escape....

Just take the flange loose, remove the gasket... re-install the bolts.. while inserting a washer on each one (between the flanges).....

NOT BAD, Hogger! What thickness washers/spacers did you use?

Mccorry is right - I just used washers. I tried a combo of each - 1 wasn't enough, 4 was too much, and 2 was just right.

The exact thickness of the washers is unknown, but they are just your standard hardware store washers, not extra thick and not extra thin.

If I had to guess, both stacked total about 1/3 of an inch.

Ya'll should really try it. As I said, if you don't like it - it's just 4 super easy to get to bolts to remove it!

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

hmmm, maybe its me, but i think thats *abit* too loud?

did you space just one side? or both of them? sounds real nice though.

so my question is, would spacing just one side and/or using smaller spacers reduce sound intensity? i'm aiming for about halfway between stock and what you have.

i'm saying this because i live around lots of old people, LOTS of [conservative] old people and dont want to be too obnoxious on campus either. too many ricers as it is, dont want to be mistaken for one.

matt

If your car is stock, it will be a tad quieter than what you think - as I've gutted 2 of my cat converters. In addition, i'd say try 2 washers - its' not as loud as you'd think. No where near ricer rocks in a coffee can. not even close.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

ah i see, so yours is louder cause you lack cats.

im bone stock (cept for silencer delete) so i would be not as loud, good stuff.

and theres nothing wrong with just doing one side at a time right? cant wait till it stops raining here in the northeast.

That's what I was thinking. Did that in my cousin's 325is 11-12 years ago. We thought is was cool then, but then again we were 18 or 19 years old :icon_tong. There is no way any kind of real catback will sell for $200. Muffler deletes or something like it... maybe... a real catback... no way.

So what do I and Meier Motor Sports get for being right? I'm sorry, but the second I saw that this thread was started by our beloved Hogboy, I knew it was going to be something stupid... Sorry...:icon_tong

So what do I and Meier Motor Sports get for being right? I'm sorry, but the second I saw that this thread was started by our beloved Hogboy, I knew it was going to be something stupid... Sorry...:icon_tong

+1

Sorry Hogmeat, just had a feeling this was going to end stupidly.

Yes, I'm making words up.. :p

Mccorry is right - I just used washers. I tried a combo of each - 1 wasn't enough, 4 was too much, and 2 was just right.

The exact thickness of the washers is unknown, but they are just your standard hardware store washers, not extra thick and not extra thin.

If I had to guess, both stacked total about 1/3 of an inch.

Ya'll should really try it. As I said, if you don't like it - it's just 4 super easy to get to bolts to remove it!

Hey Hogmeat.... thanks for posting this up. I know alot of you guys said you tried this already... but I never saw anyone post it. Kudos to Hogger. ;)

I tried it this morning and ... I have to say that I really like the tone. I think I am going to leave it for a while. :icon_bigg

Thanks again!

Cool idea. But i don't get why you built up so much suspense. Kinda disapointed.

I totally get the suspense. Great idea. He got everyone to comment on the great sound while they were still open-minded. If he had been up front, many would have dismissed the idea and never admitted they liked the sound.

I totally get the suspense. Great idea. He got everyone to comment on the great sound while they were still open-minded. If he had been up front, many would have dismissed the idea and never admitted they liked the sound.

Yes brilliant, proving how retarded most of the auto aftermarket is. Yeah, let's pay a few thousand dollars for louder mufflers.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

That is exactly right - if I would have shown what I did, it would have been dismissed as "stupid". But after everyone liked the sound - it was shown that you don't have to spend $800 to have a good sounding exhaust!

Also - to the people who say their cat-backs are so much better - well, I'll dry my tears with the huge wad of cash left in my pocket.

Hey Hogmeat.... thanks for posting this up. I know alot of you guys said you tried this already... but I never saw anyone post it. Kudos to Hogger. ;)

I tried it this morning and ... I have to say that I really like the tone. I think I am going to leave it for a while. :icon_bigg

Thanks again!

Hey - if this smart guy likes it - it just goes to prove it's not the grease-induced stroke I had making me think it's awesome. or something.

what?

anyways - if Mccorry likes it, that's a good review!

Nah, I just had to wait two days to dismiss the idea.