LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah.... it makes it alot easier to hear what is going on.....

The car, stock, is WAY too quiet. I'm not driving a Ford Taurus, for petes sake.

Yeah, what they said.

I just did this mod an hour ago and I like it.

Thank you Mr. Hog.

My other car is a 1993 Chevy S-10 Tahoe! (Currently being driven to failure by my nephew)

I still have yet to get my lazy ass outside and try this :(

MY lazy ass has gone as far as buying the washers from Jedi's Mod Shop...otherwise known as Home Depot. Stainless steel...$2.94 plus tax.

It is still ugly.

i'm down to stg 1.5, 2-drivers side and 1-passenger side.

it's pupupurrrrrfect!

i tried stg 1 but it just sounded stock. btw, ss washers are much thinner than run of the mill galvanized type.

After going actual stage 2 today, having done the stage 2 washer mod the night before, the growl is MUCH louder with just the cobb HFC now. It sounds awsome. All my friends love it, and this was just what i was looking for. I've been wanting an exhaust to hear the car for the longest time, but couldn't justify spending 700-1000$ for a sound upgrade.

Thanks for the awsome mod info Hog!

After going actual stage 2 today, having done the stage 2 washer mod the night before, the growl is MUCH louder with just the cobb HFC now. It sounds awsome. All my friends love it, and this was just what i was looking for. I've been wanting an exhaust to hear the car for the longest time, but couldn't justify spending 700-1000$ for a sound upgrade.

Thanks for the awsome mod info Hog!

Another $1,000 pulled from the grasp of a greedy reseller! My job is done here.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

to me and other purist out there sound is a bi-product of performance.

Um.....

Might want to check-up a bit on the potential gains to be had with any of the current aftermarket exhaust systems available for the LGT. One could almost say that it's "sound, but no fury."

And before you bash me, too, my pieced-together exhaust system, discounting the shorty DP, cost nearly $1300. ;)

Pretty much, for our LGTs, an exhaust system is more of an aural improvement than true performance improvement. Certainly, getting rid of the DP and mid-pipe cats can increase performance (the former much more so than the latter), but from the last-cat "back," it's pretty much "proven" that it's more about pleasing one's ear than one's butt-dyno. Inducing a pressure-venting exhaust leak may even turn out dyno numbers that are not too far off from that of some high-dollar cat-backs.

---

Maybe I'm the devil's advocat here...but um, creating an exhaust leak...that is rice...doesn't have to sound like it...

Well...technically, all you're doing by putting on any aftermarket "performance high flow exhaust" is creating a hell of a post-turbo exhaust leak. :)

To-wit, is an exhaust cut-out "rice?" Or an open-dump, as-favored on many of our beloved DSMs?

;)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

well first off i hace to give hogmeat some props for the way he went about doing this b/c no one would have done this if he didn't.

I am at the .5 stage(passenger side 1 washer), since i was going 2 be driving 5 hours i figured i would keep it nice, and also i just wanted to see how it actually sounded for myself. I am pleasently surprised and am very happy i saved the money and the warrenty with this 10 min thing.

Thanks hogmeat

hardware stores do not sell performance parts period.

Unpimp Ze Auto!

Haha, actually, that statement there isn't true. You can make a manual boost controller out of plumbing parts. I did it on my FD3 RX7 (a REAL performance car)to tune the pre-spool of the secondary turbo. Worked great.

Also, on some cars, you can use washers to fix the camber.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Quote:

Originally Posted by specDiddy

hardware stores do not sell performance parts period.

Unpimp Ze Auto!

Haha, actually, that statement there isn't true. You can make a manual boost controller out of plumbing parts. I did it on my FD3 RX7 (a REAL performance car)to tune the pre-spool of the secondary turbo. Worked great.

Also, on some cars, you can use washers to fix the camber.

ROFL! Indeed - us DSMers love the hardware store!!!! Plenty of DSM performance parts in-stock, 24/7 ! :D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

How many have noticed the exhaust making "popping" noises with this mod? If so, how often do you hear it?

It pops, a little. It's really not much - mostly when your on the throttle, then let off fast, and RPM's start to drop quickly. It's not really when your accelerating.

Just like everyone says - try it - it only takes 10 mins!!

BTW - any one else have any driving videos? I'd love to see ya'll shift, steer, and film!!

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

After having this for a few days I love it even more now. The car actually gets a few neck turns now, I used to be absolutely invisible, which was nice when police are factored in. But I love not being a ghost anymore!

The only problem is that my gas mileage is starting to go down just so I can hear the rumble better. :icon_twis