LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

so i tried SeeeeeYa's copper wire mod. I like it alot better than the washers so far. I think 12 guage is too small if you havn't modded your mufflers. I'm gonna try 10 or 8. As it is now, I get a nice low putt putt putt at idle and a very quiet growl as the revs rise. Best part, no drone on the highway.

Note: I found quite a bit of carbon on the bottom of the car and alot of carbon on my rear sway bar. So the hogzaust has it's disadvantage, it leaves carbon residue all over the place. Btw, I drove in the rain all day so that carbon is has been bulding up the entire time i had the washer mod (stage 2) about 600 miles

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have no carbon. There is no carbon here. The carbons are running in fear of the hogwashers. All is fine. Praise to allah!

Anywho, maybe an outback is different - you saw mine on the video - after several months - no carbon.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

P.S. if you drop a washer in the pipe, just use a shop vac at one end and seal it with your hand over the spout. Use your other hand to block the other end of the y, then shake your exhaust and it will be magically sucked up...
Start the car and give it little gas.;)

Denial is your best friend

Went Stage 1 Hogzaust myself today with SeeYa's 'engineered solution': so far, so good! This being my first Subie I'm not sure I really appreciate the "boxer burble" at idle yet, but I do like the ever-so-slightly throatier sounds under acceleration: great sound, but with the 12-gage wire it's still 'subtle'. Perfect for what I'm looking for, I think!! I think you could probably go closer to 12" on the wire, so you have two FULL circles on the ends, and I'd suggest 10- or 8-gage, as well, if you want something a little more noticeable. Thanks to both Hogs and SeeeYa!!

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

As much as I hate to admit disconnecting the mufflers on my brand new 30k car, to install washers where they don't belong...... the sound is somewhat satisfying. The washers will come off when up/dp are replaced, and stage 2 is flashed, but until then I think I'm gonna leave them.

Hogmeat: Do you own a Cayman too :lol:

yah, it's my beater.

BTW - that sounds like SH*T!!! On a pukorse no less

someone please post there with a link to my thread...SHOW 'EM WHAT A REAL BOXER SOUNDS LIKE!!!

Edit: WTF this forum is a POS - I can't see a box to type in! WTF kinda forum software is that?

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

I posted.

heee heee heeee

Ya'll should check it out!

No offense, Hogger... but posting on another site that their cars sound like crap isn't really nice... and could be viewed as trolling.

How would you like to have some schmuck come on here to troll and try and piss everyone off? I think it would get old.....

Just did this. 2 stainless steel washers (3/8"). Gap was about 3/32's of an inch in between teh two halves of the flange. Sound is great inside the car, maybe a bit loud at a stand still from outside the car. Exhaust does come out of the tailpipe at idle. No droning at highway speeds as previously mentioned on this string. I'll have to drive it around a bit for an extended period of time to see if dropping one side to one set of washers is the way to go. Sounds great though!

I am another convert at $1.05 in cost for Stage 2 :)

I had my car inspected yesterday afternoon...came home...put hogzaust into affect :icon_mrgr

I am very pleased with the sound, its a little much for my wife, so I might be going stage 1 shortly. Great find Hogmeat!

i'm up to 'modified hogzaust stg 1+2'

right side 10gauge copper wire

left side 2 pieces of 10 gauge twisted together.

i think i'm gonna stick with this

my right, your right, the cars right, or the from the cars behind right?

:icon_conf