LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

I'm not against getting a $$$ cat-back for power purposes (+5HP maybe?), as long as it doesnt turn it into a buzzy tin can...

Yes, no buzzy tin can. Either way, that's what I want to avoid. I'll be having mine custom built, with the components I choose, so that shouldn't be a problem.

The the idea behind the better (turbo back) system is not just for stock power, but for the Cobb AP.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just did this yesterday too! Along with two of my co-workers with GT's. My car has no cats at all, I tried stage 2 and it was pretty fun but waaayyy too loud, I went back to stage 1 and it great!!!!

You can say what you want, but my car spools alot faster now, and the car ghas more pull. I think since I have no cats at all, the big bottle neck was the mufflers, with the washers in there it flows right out. I fyou dont believe me, and are on the south shore swing by and we'll go for a ride! :)

In talking with MIKEBRAVO this weekend about the hog-mod, he brought up something that another member noticed. Anyone have soot around the area that is modded? I am not talking around the flange only, but around the general area? Mine has been hog-modded for about 2 weeks now, and I haven't had time to look under and check, but I just want to know if anyone else has noticed anything. An accumulation of soot underneath the car is enough for me to close it up until I can get a CBE.

In talking with MIKEBRAVO this weekend about the hog-mod, he brought up something that another member noticed. Anyone have soot around the area that is modded? I am not talking around the flange only, but around the general area? Mine has been hog-modded for about 2 weeks now, and I haven't had time to look under and check, but I just want to know if anyone else has noticed anything. An accumulation of soot underneath the car is enough for me to close it up until I can get a CBE.

I have been underneath mine a few times now... last time was a week ago. I have had the Hog-zawst mod on for about a month or month and 1/2.

There is some soot on the flanges... but none anywhere else. No damage to the undercoating or and discoloration that I could see....

I have been underneath mine a few times now... last time was a week ago. I have had the Hog-zawst mod on for about a month or month and 1/2.

There is some soot on the flanges... but none anywhere else. No damage to the undercoating or and discoloration that I could see....

I've had Hogzaust for 3 months now...and am recently catless - and NO SOOT.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

After driving around for the past 5 or 6 weeks with my Hog-Mod exhaust I grew tired of it and went back to stock last week. It was fun for a month:) ,

At the same time last week, I installed a TDC stage 1 AccessPort, and the added sound of a few more PSI is music to my ears.

The power and the stealthness that interested me in buying the car in the first place is back!

Love the freer revving/breathing of the stage 2, but will probably drop it back a notch.

Three months and no soot, carbon or other buildup - other than a little (normal) combustion moisture-related carbon on the flanges. Make go back to stage 1 just to compare and/or may go the 10AWG half-blocked mod instead. Actually, since it's so easy to go between, will likely try both.

My real reason for going this route was to see 1) how much noise attentuation the stock muffler system was really adding and 2), how much additional noise ABOVE stock was my family (read wife and daughters) really willing to put up with. Daughter no. 2 commented yesterday that it reminded her of sitting in the back of the cabin, NEXT to the engine (think MD-80, DC-9) while flying at cruising altitude. I guess that means there's a drone...:icon_wink

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Just remove your silencer if you dont wanna spend much. WHy make an exhaust leak? It sounds like thats whats happening. I removed my resonator for 20 bucks, and it sounds nice. Not too loud AT ALL, very mild sound, but definately a nice modded sound. My Intake made my spool way way loud, the DP, helped make it louder, and there was no rumble. So I did this, and it added the exact tone I wanted.

Be prepared to pay 40-60. Thats normal, but I got it done for 20. Its cheap either way, and you will like it. You dont hear much but a little lower tone on idle, and when you step on it, you can DEFINATELY hear a NICE difference. very very far from ricey. sounds clean, like the car almost came that way.

Just remove your silencer if you dont wanna spend much. WHy make an exhaust leak? It sounds like thats whats happening. I removed my resonator for 20 bucks, and it sounds nice. Not too loud AT ALL, very mild sound, but definately a nice modded sound. My Intake made my spool way way loud, the DP, helped make it louder, and there was no rumble. So I did this, and it added the exact tone I wanted.

Be prepared to pay 40-60. Thats normal, but I got it done for 20. Its cheap either way, and you will like it. You dont hear much but a little lower tone on idle, and when you step on it, you can DEFINATELY hear a NICE difference. very very far from ricey. sounds clean, like the car almost came that way.

Because that is permanent... this is competley reversible..within a matter of minutes.

1 (regular) < 3 (stainless) < 20.

Plus, you can go back to 100% normal if you don't like it.

Yup. If you don't like the hogmod, well, take it off and lose 20 mins total round-trip.

Plus, some need more than just no resonator. I mean, I went completely catless, and put my stock gaskets back in - wow. dead quiet. I almost stalled once as I was used to the audible cue. I think -3 cats would be louder than just no resonator.

Stage II pipes, with Stage II Hogmod, with Stage II TDC is the way to go.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

Removed my silencer on a stock exhaust, and the sound difference is negligible....

So, I took my car to the dealer yesterday for a 3,000 mile oil change and tune up. I had the hogzawst stage II installed. When I went to go pick it up, the service manager came over to me and told me that "the exhaust modification I did was illegal and dangerous because it allows toxic fumes to enter under the back seats and trunk." He also said, "if they didn't remove it that it would void my warranty." So they took the liberty to remove it and charge me 20 some bucks for labor and 2 gaskets without even asking me first.

So now my LGT is all quiet and I can't hear her sweet purr anymore... :(

I guess I'll have to go spend another dollar on washers, but what the service manager told me still has me thinking. Can exhaust vapors actually enter the car with this mod? Hmm...

...So they took the liberty to remove it and charge me 20 some bucks for labor and 2 gaskets without even asking me first....

That's BUUUUUUUULLLL$$$HIT! I would refuse to pay that $20!

...With regard to fumes entering the cabin...I think you would have to be sitting in the car, still, with the engine running, for quite some time. While the car is moving, the velocity of the the air under your car should quickly disperse any fumes before they would enter the cabin. Voiding your warranty is B$ as well, they would have to prove that any "claimed defect" was caused by your modification...Good Luck w/ that! - Just don't try to make a warranty claim if your cans start to rust out:icon_mrgr

So, I took my car to the dealer yesterday for a 3,000 mile oil change and tune up. I had the hogzawst stage II installed. When I went to go pick it up, the service manager came over to me and told me that "the exhaust modification I did was illegal and dangerous because it allows toxic fumes to enter under the back seats and trunk." He also said, "if they didn't remove it that it would void my warranty." So they took the liberty to remove it and charge me 20 some bucks for labor and 2 gaskets without even asking me first.

So now my LGT is all quiet and I can't hear her sweet purr anymore... :(

I guess I'll have to go spend another dollar on washers, but what the service manager told me still has me thinking. Can exhaust vapors actually enter the car with this mod? Hmm...

I'd rip 'em a new one for not returning my washers.

It is still ugly.

I recently had my oil changed at the dealer along with some warranty stuff. I noticed on their invoice that they 'inspected' the exhaust system, but did not change anything nor did they say anything to me.

(I have the $0.58 8 guage wire mod)

My other car is a 1993 Chevy S-10 Tahoe! (Currently being driven to failure by my nephew)

I recently had my oil changed at the dealer along with some warranty stuff. I noticed on their invoice that they 'inspected' the exhaust system, but did not change anything nor did they say anything to me.

(I have the $0.58 8 guage wire mod)

Apparently they didn't find any exhaust leaks. Incompetent.

It is still ugly.

stinkin' dealers! I would have refused to pay it, and demanded they change it back. You went it for an oil change, not exhaust repair.

Anyways - what difference does 1.5 feet closer to the front of the car make? I mean, if you nap under the mufflers for warmth, there could be problems....

Yet another reason to change your own oil.

Yeah, but for a free oil change, I figure what the heck. I had to go in for the radio/defrost conflict anyway! Also had one of those plastic panel thingies under the car falling off.

My other car is a 1993 Chevy S-10 Tahoe! (Currently being driven to failure by my nephew)