LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

How about this ricer vidhttp://videos.streetfire.net/video/D79B6CF0-423F-4AE5-891B-453E9C9C0253.htmeo this is what all you ricers sound like.

or just check out the site it has some cool videos. Thanks Hog for the mod cool sound.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had some problems with mine initialy. Then i went and got out my breaker bar and they turned no problem. I found that it is easyer to put some vice grips on the nuts and use a socket / rachet with a breaker bar on the bolts. It was sooo soo soo much easyer that way. The bolts seem to be really soft to me but what the hell do i know. Keep trying they come off. Hogmeat i have to say i love the sound of the car now. Thanks alot for the work on the videos and all. Sounds great and so far no drone at any speed. Its purley a sound mod but definatly worth it.

:dm: 2007 DGM LGT :dm:

:icon_twis 2003 Suzuki SV650S :icon_twis

I ended up going to my tire shop and they loosened them up with their air tools for free.

I started with stage 2, then hopped to stage 4 and now I want a QTP bypass valve.

Hogmeat, thanks again.

I keed I keeed

Tuned now to my personal aural taste, I want hogmeat to know that due to his initiative with his hogzaust mod I enjoy driving my LGT more than ever.

On a great ride yesterday on WV two-lanes I noted that I was smoother, kept my speed more even, but most importantly, I paid more attention to driving as opposed to regularly examiming the instruments. My ears now do that job, better, leaving me to keep ALL my attention on the road.

Mod by mod I've loved the increases in power, understandably. And l Iook forward to more, soon, knowing that urge is insatiable. But getting connected to this power, in fact more connected to the car as a whole, now, is somehow very satisfying. Unlike the power waiting to be evidenced by my right foot... whenever I want, having the motor continuously sing its report to my ears fulfills a basic car/driver interface long missing.

Just did this. 2 stainless steel washers (3/8"). Gap was about 3/32's of an inch in between teh two halves of the flange. Sound is great inside the car, maybe a bit loud at a stand still from outside the car. Exhaust does come out of the tailpipe at idle. No droning at highway speeds as previously mentioned on this string. I'll have to drive it around a bit for an extended period of time to see if dropping one side to one set of washers is the way to go. Sounds great though!

Just went to 1.5...A little more subdued to fit my taste, but can still hear the boxer rumble. One washer on the driver side with two on the passenger.

I just went from stage 2 to stage 8! (Stage 8 being a single strand of #8 solid copper conducter) The sound is not noticeably different to my ears, but does seem to be a little more mellow, yet still gives that feedback to the driver.
My other car is a 1993 Chevy S-10 Tahoe! (Currently being driven to failure by my nephew)

:lol: OK, so my LGT went to the shop today for an oil change, and a check-up on my rear wheel bearings (both are bad, of course) and I also asked the tech to check the torque on the lower strut bolts and swaybar links and brackets - even told him I'd pay a 1/2 hour labor, if necessary. I installed a set of iON springs last week and every once in awhile get some creaking sounds from the suspension. Not a clunk like when my endlink was loose - it's more subtle than that. Anyway, I wasn't entirely sure that I put everything back together properly so I asked him to check it out. When I went to pick up my car, the guy said that the sounds I'm hearing were from exhaust leaks I've got at both mufflers, and that I messed up the gaskets when I unbolted the mufflers to do my suspension!! Um, no. I didn't really know how to try and explain the beauty of the Hogzaust system to the guy, so I just told him don't worry about the exhaust, and by the way, were all the suspension bits torqued properly??

"Well, I didn't check those because what you are hearing is an exhaust leak."

DOH!!!

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

It was even more confusing than that, as I went with the custom fit 12-gage copper wire method. I can imagine them going, "WTF???" Funniest part was that the dealer was thoughtful enough to actually provided me a written estimate for the replacement parts I'd need to 'fix' it:

QTY 2 - Gasket R/M(?) - 44011AE01A - $5.84ea

QTY 4 - Bolt - 901660014 - $2.84ea

QTY 4 - Nut - 902350001 - $4.05ea

Grand total in parts: $41.59. No labor was quoted. I'm just amused because in the time it took them to type up this quote that I didn't want, they could have actually torqued the suspension bolts like I'd asked them to. Oh well.

Anyway - there's the gasket part number if anyone wants to replace theirs or go with the Hogzaust Premier edition, by snipping away some of the OEM gasket. I checked Subaruparts.com, and they've got them listed at $2.22ea + $1.99 shipping.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

i just got around to tyin this out today and when i took it for a test drive after i wuz goin 15 down my street and sum old bitch told me to slow down i even stopped and told her i waz jus doin 15 LOL:lol: then she even threatend to call tha cops. So a big thumbs up for this mod.

i just got around to tyin this out today and when i took it for a test drive after i wuz goin 15 down my street and sum old bitch told me to slow down i even stopped and told her i waz jus doin 15 LOL:lol: then she even threatend to call tha cops. So a big thumbs up for this mod.

How many washers did you use?

Indeed this will work and sound smooth with n/a. My "i" came to audible life on my lunch break or I should say a quarter of it(15 min project and clean-up.)

**Would going hog on one side and staying stock on the other cause any issues??