LegacyGT.com

Koni dampers for Legacy

OB Lee

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I have been on Koni's for about a week now, and I can say I freaking love these.

Went from stock --> ISC coilovers, cried over every bump, (dreaming at nights of soft and comfy ride)

Went back to stock, loved then when idling, at a stop light, over potholes.

Konis' with EE springs. These are exactly what I have been looking for. For a DD car with less than perfect roads, I am very very happy with these. At first I had them set too soft, but found that increasing the damping actually made the ride better.

If I had listen to mike (AZP) in the first place, I would have saved myself

$1500 and 6 months of headache.

• 3 months later...

I just wanted to post this since I had the problem and didn't find a solution on here (actually found it on a honda forum). I was having a problem with my front suspension making a horrible clank/bang noise when going over uneven pavement or my front tire dropping down (like coming off of a speed bump).

my problem was the bolt at the bottom of the cut strut in the front had come loose. This is the bolt that holds the insert into the strut housing. Only the driver side was loose but it was a good 3 full turns loose. This could have been when they were originally installed I just didn't tighten it down hard enough or possible became loose over time with driving. Just wanted to let everyone know. Perhaps I was the only one who DIDN'T know this was a issue with the konis but again just letting my fellow LGTers know.

I was scared I had a blow insert so I was very happy to know all it was was a loose bolt. Car feels great again :)

I just wanted to post this since I had the problem and didn't find a solution on here (actually found it on a honda forum). I was having a problem with my front suspension making a horrible clank/bang noise when going over uneven pavement or my front tire dropping down (like coming off of a speed bump).

my problem was the bolt at the bottom of the cut strut in the front had come loose. This is the bolt that holds the insert into the strut housing. Only the driver side was loose but it was a good 3 full turns loose. This could have been when they were originally installed I just didn't tighten it down hard enough or possible became loose over time with driving. Just wanted to let everyone know. Perhaps I was the only one who DIDN'T know this was a issue with the konis but again just letting my fellow LGTers know.

I was scared I had a blow insert so I was very happy to know all it was was a loose bolt. Car feels great again :)

I've heard of others that have had this problem too. I used Loctite on the bottom bolt when I installed mine.

Im goin to be installing konis paired with tein s-techs. Now do I have to cut bump stops amd do I need a bump steer kit?

It's a good idea to do that.

If you are interested in Konis and the Whiteline roll center kit, we stock both and can do the install if you want.

-mike

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: paisan@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to order a set of Koni's. would like to buy today. I've found them for $720 shipped to Canada including duty and brokerage from tire rack. Would much rather support another LGT member if they can beat/match the price.

I cant seem to find any Canadian vendors that stock the Koni's

Im goin to be installing konis paired with tein s-techs. Now do I have to cut bump stops amd do I need a bump steer kit?

i'm doing the same setup. a friend said to cut the bump stops but do i need a bump steer kit? or will just cutting the bump stops suffice?

try here.

http://www.shox.com

012. Koni Sports 2005 - 2008 #8610-1447 sport front # 8010-1053 sport rear set of 4. Note (fronts are inserts for oe struts only). 499.52 Add to Wish list

Add to Cart

+1

Ordered Konis from them for my old car. Great prices, wonderful service and the shocks themselves were awesome!

i'm doing the same setup. a friend said to cut the bump stops but do i need a bump steer kit? or will just cutting the bump stops suffice?

I got the whiteline roll center and bump steer kit. I went to get it aligned and I needed to get camber bolts cus the stock ones wouldnt suffice. I love the way it sits. Fredbeans hooked me up on the roll center kit. Great price

+1

Ordered Konis from them for my old car. Great prices, wonderful service and the shocks themselves were awesome!

Yeah, i called them up Friday afternoon. Spoke to a guy in San Diego, very pleasant, told me about his travels to Nova Scotia.

Struts were $499 plus $70 bucks for shipping, and whatever else the Boarder Services decide to ding me with.

Within minutes of placing the order i got an email from UPS with a tracking number. Within 24 hours of placing the order they had already cleared customs and entered Montreal. Kinda impressive.

I bought some Pinks from another member, that were also supposed to ship Friday from Maryland, we'll see who wins this race;)

Has anyone had problems with doing the rears with the koni shocks and rallitek springs? Its looks to me that the lower seat for the springs is not sufficent. It has no recess for the spring to sit in. The offset is there for the end of the spring to sit in but no groove to insure the spring stays put. Could I have the wrong ones?

Has anyone had problems with doing the rears with the koni shocks and rallitek springs? Its looks to me that the lower seat for the springs is not sufficent. It has no recess for the spring to sit in. The offset is there for the end of the spring to sit in but no groove to insure the spring stays put. Could I have the wrong ones?

Do you happen to have the perch upside down?

See this thread: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/do-have-wrong-koni-struts-epic-eng-springs-koni-struts-146054.html?t=146054

• 1 month later...

Just put in my order, going to mount these with my Ralliteks. Stock + Rallitek is awful, soooo under dampened.

Regarding the install... if I understand this right I am basically going to pop them upside down on a vise put a hole in the bottom and then pop the top off them with a pipe cutter? Reading through the threads I get the feeling around 35mm is the measurement, but I will check when I have everything off of course. I have also read that basically as high up as you can go with the pipe cutter, but that is going to change depending the cutter a bit.

Can't wait... this can't be worse then stock or stock + RT springs.

Thats about it. If you can find a pipe cutter that big? I just did it slow with a fresh hack saw blade. Took my time and it worked fine. I measured the new insert from the bottom to the nubs. Then measured the original up the same amount and added 1/2 to 3/4 inch.

Just put in my order, going to mount these with my Ralliteks. Stock + Rallitek is awful, soooo under dampened.

Regarding the install... if I understand this right I am basically going to pop them upside down on a vise put a hole in the bottom and then pop the top off them with a pipe cutter? Reading through the threads I get the feeling around 35mm is the measurement, but I will check when I have everything off of course. I have also read that basically as high up as you can go with the pipe cutter, but that is going to change depending the cutter a bit.

Can't wait... this can't be worse then stock or stock + RT springs.

Archived