LegacyGT.com

Koni dampers for Legacy

OB Lee

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How much time is actually required to adjust the firmness per corner for a 05 Sedan?

It is really easy in the front, maybe a minute. In the rear, you have some trim panels that cover the adjustment screws, so can take longer. You would have to crawl a bit into the trunk area.

Most people fiddle with the settings a bit after the shocks are first installed and then leave them be.

I have the Konis w/Epic Springs on my '06 LGT. I have them set in the middle between full firm and full soft. At that setting the handling is amazing, but pretty harse on the terrible roads her in NE PA. Most of the roads I travel on a day-to-day basis are not too bad, so I don't mind, but when I travel sections of Rt 81 or the PA turnpike Rt 476, it is punishing. ON these roads, however, I don't think the stock suspension would do any better.

Overal, I like this combo alot. I also have the Cobb sways and kartboy solid endlinks and braces that Fred Beans was selling last year or so. Great setup and the handling is amazing.

Has anyone set there Konis on full soft? How is the handling compared to the middle setting?

• I Donated
The handling gets worse when you put the Konis on full soft. The rebound damping will not adequately dampen the suspension jounce and it will feel like the wheels slam into the bottom of potholes.

Good to know when I get mine. I'll probably have them set somewhere in the middle for DD, cranked up to full hard for autocross.

The handling gets worse when you put the Konis on full soft. The rebound damping will not adequately dampen the suspension jounce and it will feel like the wheels slam into the bottom of potholes.

Thanks for the advice, Underdog. I'll keep them where they are. The full firm setting must be great for using the car on the track, but not for DD.

On the stock rear springs you'll probably be ok full soft, I haven't run mine at full soft yet but pretty close felt fine.

Still haven't seen anyone chime in who has run aftermarket springs in the front with stocks on the rear. Still don't quite understand why you would want to. I can run the rear shocks harder with less discomfort since as the driver I'm right on top of the front springs. I'd say you would benefit more from a full matched set.

Has anyone set there Konis on full soft? How is the handling compared to the middle setting?
I have the stock springs w/Konis and the full soft setting seems well matched for that. With stiffer springs, I think you would be underdamped.

I installed a set on my outback with lgt OEM springs up front and king springs in the rear. I am running at one turn from soft and love it! However this still isn't as stiff as my friends speed3.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Recommendation...

I am 100% set on buying Koni's, and I want them to be on my doorstep/at my house by December 20th 2012, can anyone please advice me who to purchase from and if better/cheaper I can purchase them at any point between now and 12/20/12 but I wanted to know who has the best prices out there shipped to NY?

• I Donated
Recommendation...

I am 100% set on buying Koni's, and I want them to be on my doorstep/at my house by December 20th 2012, can anyone please advice me who to purchase from and if better/cheaper I can purchase them at any point between now and 12/20/12 but I wanted to know who has the best prices out there shipped to NY?

In the same boat as you. I want them in my hands ready to put the epic springs on. I think i'll probably end up buying them from m sprank, or here: http://www.eurosportdesign.com/p-3904-subaru-koni-sport-adjustable-shocks-struts.aspx

Thanks for the reply bucko. Im in school away from home till December 21st, so basically I want to land back in NY and the next day have the springs and koni's ready to install. I dont mind waiting these next few months but I just want the best price possible on these since I've read about prices from 471 to 590

Thanks for your write-ups underdog. I was @ 1 turn from soft but when I traveled on my favorite twisty close to home I wasn't fully satisfied. I went ahead and notched it up to 1 1/4 turns all sides and wow, I was giggling the entire run with that setup. PERFECT! :wub:

In the same boat as you. I want them in my hands ready to put the epic springs on. I think i'll probably end up buying them from m sprank, or here: http://www.eurosportdesign.com/p-3904-subaru-koni-sport-adjustable-shocks-struts.aspx

Thanks for the link,

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I just PM'ed Mike at AZP to see what he could do for me. I like to help him out by buying from him when I can. He helps out on here a lot.

Heard back, they can't match the pricing. They have treated me will so I want to give them first shoot.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I have a question for you guys. I have rear king springs installed with konis and moved a bunch of tooling in my wagon and when I unloaded it the rear left was sagging a good 1/2". I went home and visually checked everything and ultimately swapped rear strut assemblies and put a bit of weight in the rear again and when unloaded the same side was again sagging about 1/2". After time it returns to normal. My thought is the adjustment is too stiff but the springs nor struts can be the issue as I swapped and the sag didn't follow... really weird. Anyone have any firsthand experience or thoughts on this phenomona? Yes I kept the load evenly distributed.

Just saw this in another forum on here.

THMotorsports has a full set for $490 shipped with promo code taxbreak2010 ( yep still works )

I just placed my order. $490.60 free shipping.

Thanks to ibr_adam09

I have a question for you guys. I have rear king springs installed with konis and moved a bunch of tooling in my wagon and when I unloaded it the rear left was sagging a good 1/2". I went home and visually checked everything and ultimately swapped rear strut assemblies and put a bit of weight in the rear again and when unloaded the same side was again sagging about 1/2". After time it returns to normal. My thought is the adjustment is too stiff but the springs nor struts can be the issue as I swapped and the sag didn't follow... really weird. Anyone have any firsthand experience or thoughts on this phenomona? Yes I kept the load evenly distributed.

It takes a bit for the springs to resettle. Example when you jack your ride up it was ride high for a little bit before resettling. And vice versa

Archived