LegacyGT.com

Koni dampers for Legacy

OB Lee

I love tht Koni's in my wife's car. Too bad this fell through because I think shortened strut bodies w/ Koni inserts would have been a possibility. Lowered w/ more travel FTW :D

Koni ignoring the LGT FTL :(

+1 it is a nice product. Too bad it doesn't look like we are going to see any.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sent Koni North America an email when I noticed The Koni corporate website lists part numbers 8610-1447sport and 8010-1053sport for the 05+ Subaru Legacy. They replied:

Those are the correct part #'s. Unfortunately they have not yet made it into the USA. They should be manufactured in late July and should be available here in the states for sale by the end of August. Keep checking back on the web site for updates: www.koni-na.com.

They had better be worth the wait.

335HP/360Tq VF-22/1820 clone with Meth

All I got was:

Sorry

Your search did not return any results.

EDIT -

Whups.... tried again. I think the 8610's are inserts.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

This is the info that I just found in their application guide on their website ( http://www.koni-na.com/pdfcatalogs/2007applguide.pdf )

Model: Sedan / Wagon 2.5 AWD, incl GT, spec.B

Front: for original struts only

Year: 05-07

Product Range: Sport

Part # Front: 8641-1501 Sport

Part # Rear: 8041-1365 Sport

I got a soft spot for any company that puts a Corrado in their brochures!!

HV

Make sure you post up a review after a few days of driving :)

I will. Need a little time to get the feel for her for a full review. Initially reminds me of my old 944. Very flat, firm....nice.

So Koni's....? Curious what they might end up costing and why they list the same part numbers for both the GT and spec B. I'd think the tophats will need to be one style or the other.

• 4 weeks later...

I called Koni-na this morning to check on the above part number, the lady told me that there are new part numbers out now .. that replace those above.

Front 8610-1447 rear 8010-1053 (These are the sports) now she didn't show these parts yet in her system and doesn't know when these are coming out. So ... I am not 100% sure if this is right, but when I gave her the part numbers above .. these new part numbers came up.

Archived