OB Lee

these will be soooo much better than stock replacements at

about the same price to boot! if you're looking for all around

best performance and adjustability then coilovers may be the

best choice for ya ;)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only way to get to the adjusters on my CL-S was with the back seat out, so I never really messed with them. It's not going to bother me one bit to set the rear shocks at an appropriate setting, and forget about them.

Not sure what all the fuss is about... The web site says they are externally adjustable, Stony Hamilton says Compress to Adjust. Obviously someone is misinformed. Call Stony and ask him to double check. You know, the ASSUME thing...

The Koni site doesn't specify what year the struts fit. ... [snip] ... Since the parts aren't out, Id guess the site isn't referring to the 2005+ Legacy.

Not trying to be obstinate or a PITA here, but it does, in fact, say that these are for Model Year 05 and on. Check my previous post with the screen captures. And, the p/n listed on the web site for the 2.0, 3.0, etc... are exactly the same p/n that Stony and the distributer gave. What is not consistent, however, is that Stony says the rear is compress-to-adjust and the web site claims that this is not the case. Again, see the screen captures on my previous post referring to series 8610 and 8010 (p/n prefix) adjustments. So there seems to be some misinformation between corporate and distributor that should be corrected.

I'm not interested in a pissing contest, just trying to clarify...

What is the fastest way to get a set of these?

I talked to 4 vendors on Friday, all offer the same price and all were not sure when they could get them. SHOX.com did offer to see if they could air freight them from Holland for me for around $25 each. I just don't want to give a vendor $600 to sit on for the entire summer.

Adjustable, lifetime warranty, and don't require JDM specific springs, tophats and all that crap associated with the bilsteins...... these are a winner IMO

Any of our vendors going to step up and offer these?

Not trying to be obstinate or a PITA here, but it does, in fact, say that these are for Model Year 05 and on. Check my previous post with the screen captures. And, the p/n listed on the web site for the 2.0, 3.0, etc... are exactly the same p/n that Stony and the distributer gave. What is not consistent, however, is that Stony says the rear is compress-to-adjust and the web site claims that this is not the case. Again, see the screen captures on my previous post referring to series 8610 and 8010 (p/n prefix) adjustments. So there seems to be some misinformation between corporate and distributor that should be corrected.

I'm not interested in a pissing contest, just trying to clarify...

We'll see! :)

PLEASE keep us updated (I'm sure you will regardless).

I will post up when I get them. If the install is any different from the WRX, I will put together a walk thru w/pics. Here's a WRX walkthru from NASIOC

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1219607

I will also be installing high offset Super Pro LCA bushings at the same time.

Here's a link on how to adjust the various models of Koni inserts and shocks

http://www.koni-na.com/adjustment.cfm?

I ordered the same part numbers Dan_M posted, Thanks, Dan! And paid a bit extra to get them airfreighted in, I was told vendors in the US will have them in stock sometime in September.

This is excellent news!! Hopefully my WRX will sell this week and I can start modding the LGT, and the suspension is the first to go.

I guess now I have to do that dam "patience" thing again until September. :spin:

Oh well, I look forward to the review from "NewScooby" to see if these are going to be the alternative to the spendy Billies.

I will post up when I get them. If the install is any different from the WRX, I will put together a walk thru w/pics. Here's a WRX walkthru from NASIOC

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1219607

I will also be installing high offset Super Pro LCA bushings at the same time.

Here's a link on how to adjust the various models of Koni inserts and shocks

http://www.koni-na.com/adjustment.cfm?

I ordered the same part numbers Dan_M posted, Thanks, Dan! And paid a bit extra to get them airfreighted in, I was told vendors in the US will have them in stock sometime in September.

how are you installing the bushings? Do you have access to a press?

how are you installing the bushings? Do you have access to a press?

Not sure yet. Is there a walkthru online anywhere? I haven't found one.

I will either use a workbench vice, rent a ball joint press from Autozone, or drive 40 miles to a friend of the families shop where there is a press. One way or another, they will get installed.

Not sure yet. Is there a walkthru online anywhere? I haven't found one.

I will either use a workbench vice, rent a ball joint press from Autozone, or drive 40 miles to a friend of the families shop where there is a press. One way or another, they will get installed.

Not sure you can use a vise, I don't think you will have enough force. There are instructions included with these, the installation is pretty simple. Also, if you haven't seen the thread on this site, check (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44834). There are a lot of details there, including the Subaru recommended LCA removal (I did not remove my sway bar as they recommend, you don't need to -- just disconnect the lower link stud). It took me less than an hour to remove the control arms, and about 15 minutes longer to install them. A LOT easier than I thought.

I took my control arms to a friend who runs a muffler shop and also has a hydraulic press. I was not there when he did it, but he said it was pretty easy to remove the OEM bushings and install the SuperPro ones.

Not sure you can use a vise, I don't think you will have enough force. There are instructions included with these, the installation is pretty simple. Also, if you haven't seen the thread on this site, check (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44834). There are a lot of details there, including the Subaru recommended LCA removal (I did not remove my sway bar as they recommend, you don't need to -- just disconnect the lower link stud). It took me less than an hour to remove the control arms, and about 15 minutes longer to install them. A LOT easier than I thought.

I took my control arms to a friend who runs a muffler shop and also has a hydraulic press. I was not there when he did it, but he said it was pretty easy to remove the OEM bushings and install the SuperPro ones.

Good info, thanks for posting

400 more and you get easy adjustability, ride hieght adjustability (springs), and front camber control. I still think I'll go Megans if they are 600.
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

Bump for update - any more news on these?

I'm still waiting for mine............not even a tracking number yet.

Two weeks shipping was what I was promised, and paid extra for. that would be 7/9.:(

I'm hoping to find them on the porch soon.

Archived