LegacyGT.com

S402 Clone build

On 6/20/2023 at 3:24 PM, ChicagoSam said:

Finished up the top-just have to install a ‘15 WRX sunroof/light control

4CF1D0AB-1D87-4F3C-9930-ABA7F32FEA2C.jpeg

I may have missed it but what did you use for the sunroof surround trim opening (rubber around the sunroof opening that attaches to the headliner)

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

On 8/11/2023 at 6:30 PM, Artizan said:

Where did you get the black centre console?

They’re plenty on EU wrecker sites. P/N is 92174AG050. Good luck finding the kick panels though. JDM_Subaru_parts or something like that on instagram sells the whole kit (console and kick panels). He’s in Poland, he’s got good prices for those. They pop up occasionally on the FB groups too.

7 hours ago, tysparks81 said:

I may have missed it but what did you use for the sunroof surround trim opening (rubber around the sunroof opening that attaches to the headliner)

I believe Madrig used something similar to this: 1/4" Black Edge Trim Lok Seal Lock : CAMPER, TRAILER, RV, BOATS, HEAVY EQUIPMENT

Edited by SoobyDoobyDoo
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SoobyDoobyDoo said:

They’re plenty on EU wrecker sites. P/N is 92174AG050. Good luck finding the kick panels though. JDM_Subaru_parts or something like that on instagram sells the whole kit (console and kick panels). He’s in Poland, he’s got good prices for those. They pop up occasionally on the FB groups too.

I believe Madrig used something similar to this: 1/4" Black Edge Trim Lok Seal Lock : CAMPER, TRAILER, RV, BOATS, HEAVY EQUIPMENT

I meant the centre console with radio controls. I never see the piano black one anywhere. 

2 hours ago, Artizan said:

I meant the centre console with radio controls. I never see the piano black one anywhere. 

Above the McIntosh radio? That’s the “piano” black treatment. Could be a very well done spray job or oem. Have the vents/nav and a right hand drive “piano black” ashtray/clock. (Happy to sell it if your rhd)

21 hours ago, tysparks81 said:

So the shop I took it to used a dye to make it black. Not ideal but worked. See there’s a suggestion here for alternative liner-I’ll probably give those a go- the died liner left some lines in the sunshade when the car sat in the sun for a day.

8 minutes ago, ChicagoSam said:

Above the McIntosh radio? That’s the “piano” black treatment. Could be a very well done spray job or oem. Have the vents/nav and a right hand drive “piano black” ashtray/clock. (Happy to sell it if your rhd)

I mean the macintosh system yeah with all the silver knobs and all that. I’m LHD

4 minutes ago, Artizan said:

I mean the macintosh system yeah with all the silver knobs and all that. I’m LHD

I’m LHD as well. Radio is for rhd so fitment needs some “adjusting” for the trim pieces to fit flush.

(plenty of these radios on eBay ect)

012E46D3-0954-4F30-ABF7-BC0A025CE5BA.jpeg

Note on the Macintosh radio- Japan uses a different frequency band for FM so if you want one of those and still make it functional (edit: for the radio), make sure it’s from Australia or you’ll just have a fancy hvac controller.

Edited by SoobyDoobyDoo
  • Like 2

I dislike the piano black trim in the new STI since it's impossible to keep clean! It shows everything. I keep a microfiber cloth in the door pocket to wipe it every day I drive it. I can't imagine having it around the radio that you touch all the time lol.

2 hours ago, Rusty9 said:

I dislike the piano black trim in the new STI since it's impossible to keep clean! It shows everything. I keep a microfiber cloth in the door pocket to wipe it every day I drive it. I can't imagine having it around the radio that you touch all the time lol.

I’m sure it highlights every scratch as well. I’d have an aneurysm with how dusty dirty it gets here in the desert

On 8/16/2023 at 10:00 PM, Artizan said:

Because I asked about piano black at first, rather than any black  

Does that clarify it?

Unfortunately I do have an extra set.  lhd and Rhd vents are the same(99%on that)

PM if you’d like to give them a try. (Micro fiber cloth not included)

2CF13249-69DF-40B4-BF85-11EC4B8F0F52.jpeg

Edited by ChicagoSam

Did you already modify it?

CORRECTION: I ordered the rear beam from eBay. The part number below is for the front beam that has the hoses for the washer headlights in it.

I ended up ordering the correct beam through Partsouq. I don’t know if JDM Outback and JDM Legacy have the same beam but I ordered a 57712AG320 which Partsouq doesn’t have in stock but you may be able to find elsewhere (and confirm fitment beforehand).

Edited by WRX USA
  • Thanks 2