LegacyGT.com

2008 Legacy Spec B Looking for transmission parts/information.

Hello all,

I recently had a transmission casing failure on my Spec B and I am trying to figure out how to go about fixing this. When searching around or asking the dealers I found that the bellhousing part (#30400AA050) that would be fairly simple to replace is pretty much nonexistent or people are not willing to help me find one. I know how rare these transmissions are so I am sure a full replacement would be very costly at this time. Does anyone know if the 6 speeds share that same bellhousing part that I can just swap it from another trans from around those years? Is there a better way to go about this that I may not be thinking about? It seems like this spot would be difficult to weld/repair with how much stress it likely gets but I have almost zero experience welding. Would there be any difference in a JDM transmission from the USDM? I am finding very little info to cross reference parts.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Unfortunately I just recently switched jobs and I travel quite a bit for it so while I have some cash I am definitely not rolling in it quite yet.

image.thumb.jpeg.97688a05aa6880411ed94d67041fb312.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.42f0b47cddc7dccbcd986ceffb2278bf.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6ab8d84fd38d2b03afe2e9030e2f7fad.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bd9e7322efa2481d8d81b09181484d02.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a5bdaa437f3443c60a1bd776d0852a72.jpeg

I doubt you'll find the bellhousing as it's been discontinued for quite some time. Sure there's a dealership somewhere that has one under a mountain of crap they've forgotten about...

I've got a rebuilt unit that's been sitting around in my garage for quite some time. If those palm trees are in florida, you could come get it for a reasonable offer.

https://imgur.com/a/0q7R7

Pretty sure most all sti 6speeds will fit, just check final drive to match. Only difference is no DCCD and slightly different gear ratios.

3 hours ago, Rusty9 said:

I doubt you'll find the bellhousing as it's been discontinued for quite some time. Sure there's a dealership somewhere that has one under a mountain of crap they've forgotten about...

I've got a rebuilt unit that's been sitting around in my garage for quite some time. If those palm trees are in florida, you could come get it for a reasonable offer.

https://imgur.com/a/0q7R7

Pretty sure most all sti 6speeds will fit, just check final drive to match. Only difference is no DCCD and slightly different gear ratios.

I figured I would cast a wide net and I have some leads I am tracking down and calling on here and there especially come next week when more people are open. I would definitely love a completely rebuilt trans to have less to worry about and I am in Florida. I am keeping the offer in mind and I do appreciate it. If any other information comes to mind please let me know as well.

Edited by Gunsmen45