LegacyGT.com

S402 Clone build

@DoctorDaveLGT thanks for pointing out the fan blade difference between the s402 vs USDM models. The s402 nose in the garage sits over in a corner and I haven't looked in the back for sometime...thanks man!

I wonder if the radiator has any tweaks or lives in all JDM Legacy models. 

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 6.40.14 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 6.40.30 PM.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Always a friendly reminder when shipping your winning auction prize from Buyee.jp, to select the "extra packaging" option. The  pulley doesn't even spin anymore along with the sound of cracked fins rattling around on the inside of the alternator. A few extra bubble wraps would have saved everything. Safe to say I'm not using this one.

On the good side, the S402's oem headers( now coated) and new Fluidampr are on.( thanks again for the suggestion-)

Just waiting on the turbo bracket to get powder coated to mount the turbo, then the real work can begin swapping engines. 

I'll document a dyno run on the USDM basic stage 2 set up that's on the car now before we put the new engine in. Overall power probably won't be too different between the two on 93 octane. The torque curve difference is what I'm really looking forward to. 

Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 1.25.37 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 1.25.48 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 1.27.12 PM.png

Edited by ChicagoSam

6 minutes ago, ToyeTuning said:

Hello there. I was wondering if you can give me a few pointers on finding a LHD EU center console and radio setup? I've had zero luck. Thank you!

Sometimes you can get lucky contacting someone who is selling parts of a EDM center console and let them know you are looking for everything, like the seller of this piece: https://www.ebay.com/itm/256358423399?itmmeta=01HSY6ACY43EEP8G47NRDBFBBT&hash=item3bb0271b67:g:DEkAAOSwFF5ljrCN&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA8OeNColSUyDw4mcx951yNt%2FgCeWbic2pjrik4iIbWApCb3Ojj--cYBjIBBHMSHF765HtO03duaFf2yAoYQCzeW8%2F7XpAVExR0wqkaSFGAAK4OLXC4Rby2%2FjTS9Mt4zlDLhNdrx%2Bfs1GqDYc44k6Jk%2B8pbtkvSyxGJyLOPAId4BEXLgAm%2BxFZLuq%2BZkRBAwKvz%2ByrpE02qRgjauLEr9%2F6wZg25lpU9HzclJRy1xmgpHlrMaDCudMOu2PcRNjYwgJJCwN%2BN9RlWjeoJ6V1H%2Bg5tM2wPbAdoB60ysGXCqt5rGQZyNNZNyEbbXQwTkBw0O5CMQ%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR5rPqcbPYw

On 3/26/2024 at 4:08 PM, ToyeTuning said:

Hello there. I was wondering if you can give me a few pointers on finding a LHD EU center console and radio setup? I've had zero luck. Thank you!

I got mine from Ethan Nakaya- he’s here on the forum with a 08 QSM Soec B for sale. Great todo biz with/he’s got the goods.

The s402 badging on the ecu and engine covers(that I’ve seen) seem to always have a crooked placement. Could be they did it on purpose as a reminder it’s a one-off model? Or I have the Friday assembly line bits.

IMG_1895.jpeg

IMG_1890.jpeg

16 hours ago, s402legacy said:

I have noticed the front s402 grill badge on mine was a bit crooked too. Thought it was damaged, then I goggled other ones, and they’re all the same!! 

Good to hear- glad it's a 'trademark' for the 402, and not just my crooked parts. 

Question for you-:do you have an actual s402?( just curious- not a 'stump the geek' question) I wanted to know how many "S402" emblems are on the car? I believe it's 12? ( 2x mufflers, 4x door kicks, 1 in the center console, 3x in the engine bay, 1 front grill and 1 rear emblem? 

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 9.54.28 AM.png

Engine is all set minus the powered coated bits.It's a good time to install some random bits as spring cleaning takes over the garage. ( like the grampus winkers , I've been hoarding parts for years to put into one project. I had an 08' 5eat for over 10 years and would shelve parts for this future car.)

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 2.40.21 PM.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ChicagoSam said:

Engine is all set minus the powered coated bits.It's a good time to install some random bits as spring cleaning takes over the garage. ( like the grampus winkers , I've been hoarding parts for years to put into one project. I had an 08' 5eat for over 10 years and would shelve parts for this future car.)

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 2.40.21 PM.png

No better time to throw this on: https://www.killerbmotorsport.net/high-flow-water-pump-housing-ej-series.html?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwzZmwBhD8ARIsAH4v1gVo_bJOSFaanjixB6p14-77O_WlWdAlfRVCtoyz1I3lx_RZAXMZap4aAmTFEALw_wcB

IMG_1102.png

IMG_1103.png

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ChicagoSam said:

Good to hear- glad it's a 'trademark' for the 402, and not just my crooked parts. 

Question for you-:do you have an actual s402?( just curious- not a 'stump the geek' question) I wanted to know how many "S402" emblems are on the car? I believe it's 12? ( 2x mufflers, 4x door kicks, 1 in the center console, 3x in the engine bay, 1 front grill and 1 rear emblem? 

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 9.54.28 AM.png

That’s exactly what I’m talking about 😆 I thought mine had been mounted wrong. So much so, I might have broken a little tab on it seeing if I could level it.  But just to be sure, I added some plastic weld to make sure I don’t stuff it further 😂 but now mines actually somewhat straight and my ocd is happy.

and yep, mines definitely a genuine s402.

ill add a YouTube video link so you can see a review that was done on it by Andrew Hawkins from motive dvd :

keep in mind, he couldn’t have driven it in worse condition. 10yr old tyres, the centre diff was no good, slipping clutch and generally just needed some good servicing and maintenance. I’ve spent thousands since, paint correction, wheels refurbished, timing belt, new clutch kit, centre diff, cat back exhaust (while still using s402 mufflers), the list goes on! But what I can say, is now it’s just perfect, and a lot better than it was in the video

dan

I think you’ve mentioned all the s402 emblems I’ve seen

IMG_8760.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChicagoSam said:

Happy Easter’ (the bunny put a 1/43 S402 in my basket this morning-I’m hoping it’s grows if I water it)

IMG_2052.png

It's JDM so you'd have to store it or find a reason to get a show and display exemption, or a Canadian address.

• Like 1

Installed some JDM rainbow fogs without taking off the bumper-( a friend with small hands was able to reach up and make the swap underneath)

very pleased that there were no mods/wiring issues that usually come with JDM parts swapped into the usdm Leggys.

IMG_2113.png

IMG_2114.png

IMG_2115.png

• Like 3

What's the color temp of your fog bulbs, 3k?

I just remembered you asked about these month's ago and I said I was going to get pic's since I have switchback LED's in mine. Still need to do that.

Powder coated parts has come back from the shop and look great. (They’ll also last longer and be highly visible in the engine bay-worth the wait and not terribly expensive to do.)

IMG_2140.jpeg

• Like 6

@DoctorDaveLGT the bulbs are halogens and came with the fogs( not sure what they are but def’ not bright like an LED-I like the old school look.I would have opted for halogens anyways but looking forward to your pics-thanks)

Aaaamd I thought I could remove the Prova mirror overlay from a donor rear view mirror. I wanted to keep my original rear view mirror mount and not switch to a whole new unit. Even with a blow dryer to heat the adhesive and a trim tool slowly working its way behind it “pop” and were done. (The edges are easy to come off-it’s the giant middle Prova adhesive piece that did me in). So mad at myself-should have installed the whole thing-ah well, next time. Boo. 

if you come across a Prova mirror and it’s attached to a unit-remember this pic. Don’t try and remove it please. 

IMG_2150.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

14 minutes ago, ChicagoSam said:

@DoctorDaveLGT the bulbs are halogens and came with the fogs( not sure what they are but def’ not bright like an LED-I like the old school look.I would have opted for halogens anyways but looking forward to your pics-thanks)

Aaaamd I thought I could remove the Prova mirror overlay from a donor rear view mirror. I wanted to keep my original rear view mirror mount and not switch to a whole new unit. Even with a blow dryer to heat the adhesive and a trim tool slowly working its way behind it “pop” and were done. (The edges are easy to come off-it’s the giant middle Prova adhesive piece that did me in). So mad at myself-should have installed the whole thing-ah well, next time. Boo. 

if you come across a Prova mirror and it’s attached to a unit-remember this pic. Don’t try and remove it please. 

IMG_2150.jpeg

You probably don’t want to know that the Prova mirror doesn’t perfectly fit the USDM rear view mirror (at least on mine). Also if you have the STi “carbon fiber” cover it will only fit the JDM mirror.

• Thanks 1