LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

I pm'ed about an interior set awhile back. I think the answer was too fussy and no margin. Never hurts to ask tho.

Supposedly hkc-speed has a contact for getting a full set, however, he's pretty much swamped with his other business. If you have his direct line, you might ask him. You'd need a group buy as I think the minimum order was 11 sets.

I wonder what the price per set would be, real CF would be nice but I might try my hand in hydro dipping. Saw a reddit post the other day on someone doing a PS4 controller and did not look difficult at all, though getting a CF film/spray will be more difficult, the overall process seemed relatively simple.

I would still be very interested in CF parts but my wallet be telling me otherwise :(

Started having fuel trim issues several days ago. It was pulling more and more fuel out over a couple weeks. Didn't think much about it for a bit, just kept an eye on it. Kept creeping up slowly, until it was around -12. Drove home one day and it spiked all the way down to -24! Was super pig rich under boost, pegged my wideband, kept bouncing around. At least it wasn't lean...Did a quick smoke test at work the next day, no sign of leaks. Didn't really expect any, but never hurts to smoke it. Pulled the AF sensor and found the problem - the shield and interior had completely separated and were turning around in my hand. That'll do it! I had a video but I'm too lazy to post it and its just a sensor tip spinning anyways...Replaced that, and spark plugs, and cleared codes. All better! Running like it should, now.

That sensor had a hard life, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. Used it several months before my rebuild, and then went in to the new motor, which then had my dyno session on it, followed by almost a year at 400whp (don't tell Dave I said that, its actually 396whp but that doesn't sound as cool :lol:) And inspecting the plugs, everything looked ok, but man it is hard on plugs. One step colder NGK's, and nothing was 'wrong' with them, but they had a boatload of wear on the grounds for 14k miles. I can pull a Toyota iridium plug at 120k and not be sure whether its brand new or not...Not so on this motor! I'll be doing plugs every 15k just to stay on top of it. Doesn't show up too well in the pic but side by side was surprising.

Just did an oil change on Friday, along with some new gear oil. Changed from BG Ultraguard 75-90 to Motul 300. Improvement for sure, if not drastic. The BG is high quality, but we have the version with limited slip additive, which is not needed in the trans. When I installed the 6 speed, it was late and the BG was in a big barrel with a pump handle on it, so it was easiest to put in at that moment. But I think the limited slip additive was working against the synchros. Too slippery.

What lugnuts are those?

Sorry for the delay. Those are the Kics Iconix R40 in 'neochro', or neochrome. seen it written both ways...They were pricey and unnecessary, but everyone comments on my nuts :cool:

afs.thumb.jpg.4e12b389c0c263ebbeb45277f1de1ffb.jpg

fluidchange1.thumb.jpg.92daddd41b41395b1e23fd558e203c17.jpg

plugs.thumb.jpg.efd3992f7ae00d1c73c97456226f7564.jpg

Sorry for the delay. Those are the Kics Iconix R40 in 'neochro', or neochrome. seen it written both ways...They were pricey and unnecessary, but everyone comments on my nuts :cool:

Oh yea, they look nice but oh boy just seen them price on them lol

Whelp, found my power steering leak. Cut the zip tie from the RH boot and pulled the boot off, and was greeted with a brilliant red downpour of ATF.

More lessons learned: don't buy junkyard things :spin:

Anyone want a '16 STi rack that needs a new RH oil seal (or I suppose a full rebuild while it's out, why not?).

Maybe, how much?

Yeah. How much?

Called the junkyard I picked it up from and they'll do a refund if I drive out there and drop it off. That said, they're a bit of a hike, and it'll be more work for me (I'll need to remove the hydraulic lines and the RH tie rod to return it since it didn't come with those), so I wouldn't mind just selling to one of you guys instead. I already ordered a brand new OEM rack (34110VA121) from a dealer. PM me if interested, I'm thinking somewhere about half of what they go for brand new from a dealer. It'll be easier for me to ship once the new OEM rack comes in, I can just reuse that packaging.

Edited by solidxsnake

Finished stripping all the interior bits from the SpecB that I want to throw in the wagon and got word from Madrig my carbon fiber order is complete. Just need to get the SpecB towed to the shop and let them take over pulling the 6spd and aluminum suspension bits. Between the Legacy, S2000, and TSX Wagon projects I'm started to feel a smidge overwhelmed with the stacks of parts spread throughout the house. Oh well, just got to keep on chugging and get them all finished before adding anything else to the list.

Bought new tires. 245/40/17 Michelin AS4. All season, yes, though I'm excited to see how the new tire performs. Preliminary data from the AS3+ shows improvements in all driving conditions. As the base tire on the C8, it's said to pull 1.0g lateral acceleration. Luckily the wagon has a lower weight and better distribution of said weight, so I'm expecting something like 1.3-1.5g as I turn into my driveway. Should be installed in the next 2 weeks.

It'll be a little cheaper than the outgoing AS3+, or at least until discontinued sizes go on sale.

Scheduled my wagon for paint correction and ceramic coating. Can't wait to see it done, paint is struggling, but I think it will look amazing again.

Hope you get before and after shots! I've convinced myself my paint isn't worth saving but never really seen how much a correction will improve a very rough car.

Bought new tires. 245/40/17 Michelin AS4. All season, yes, though I'm excited to see how the new tire performs. Preliminary data from the AS3+ shows improvements in all driving conditions. As the base tire on the C8, it's said to pull 1.0g lateral acceleration. Luckily the wagon has a lower weight and better distribution of said weight, so I'm expecting something like 1.3-1.5g as I turn into my driveway. Should be installed in the next 2 weeks.

It'll be a little cheaper than the outgoing AS3+, or at least until discontinued sizes go on sale.

Interested to hear your thoughts as well. I almost pulled the trigger on these for the TSX wagon but TireRack had estimated delivery in mid-July and they couldn't even guarantee that. Decided to go with the AS3+'s since the tires were shot and needed something quickly.

I'd think closer to 1.8-2.0g range with that upgrade. Probably more in the rain

Hope you get before and after shots! I've convinced myself my paint isn't worth saving but never really seen how much a correction will improve a very rough car.

Soonest appointment I could get was the 20th unfortunately. Take some pics for sure.

Mines rough, but over my +8 years it's been washed minimum once or twice a month, and two coats of wax twice a year. Little clear coat peel on the fenders, bumpers are faded and driver rear arch has some rust, but otherwise it's very clean all things considered.

2007 STI 6MT installed, working on buttoning up the rest. Centre diff of the 5MT was not enjoying life before this swap. Quite the amount of fine metallic material in the gear oil..

Still need a DCCD controller but will be able to be back on the road. Any opinions on MAPdccd vs DCCDPro (Spider)?

2006 Legacy GT Wagon - Regamasters, Evo X Recaros, STI 6MT, Brembo 6-Pots (in progress)

@regashiii

I run a DCCDpro “spider” setup from iWire. I never touch it unless I’m playing in the snow. That setup does NOT come with the oem button/scroll wheel so you’ll need to source those.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Yea, I need to get my car something with the paint. I, unlike the previous owner, couldnt keep the car garaged during the winter so got some chips and little bit of bubbling on the bottoms of doors

You guys are all talking about paint correction (which is awesome) and I'm sitting here not having washed my car in about 2 months. It gives me anxiety. I'm slowly getting to the point where the paint can't be corrected, just a redo.

I'm not sure how valuable my tire thoughts will be. I'm sure that for spirited daily driving the step from Pilot Super Sports to AS4 won't be super noticeable. No doubt there would be a difference on the track. I'm mainly interested to see if the car moves around during trail braking or starts to understeer sooner coming out of a turn with too much power.

You guys are all talking about paint correction (which is awesome) and I'm sitting here not having washed my car in about 2 months. It gives me anxiety. I'm slowly getting to the point where the paint can't be corrected, just a redo.

2 months? I think I'm going on about 3-4 years at this point :lol:

Scheduled my wagon for paint correction and ceramic coating. Can't wait to see it done, paint is struggling, but I think it will look amazing again.

Where are you having it done and what price were you quoted?

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

I'm not sure how valuable my tire thoughts will be. I'm sure that for spirited daily driving the step from Pilot Super Sports to AS4 won't be super noticeable. No doubt there would be a difference on the track. I'm mainly interested to see if the car moves around during trail braking or starts to understeer sooner coming out of a turn with too much power.

I feel you, I got quoted like $3k to redo my whole car and fix a lot of things. I want it to be pretty again.

Finished stripping all the interior bits from the SpecB that I want to throw in the wagon and got word from Madrig my carbon fiber order is complete. Just need to get the SpecB towed to the shop and let them take over pulling the 6spd and aluminum suspension bits. Between the Legacy, S2000, and TSX Wagon projects I'm started to feel a smidge overwhelmed with the stacks of parts spread throughout the house. Oh well, just got to keep on chugging and get them all finished before adding anything else to the list.

Sure, let me know in a year how that goes for you.:lol:

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K