LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

On 2/16/2024 at 9:00 PM, SoobyDoobyDoo said:

Mine also does it on occasion. I keep mine on 3, and it’ll flash “ILL.3”. It’s more annoying than anything, I just scroll through the various brightnesses and it goes away. It’s just the switch. 

@Ows Curious to see how much nvh the Cusco braces add, if any? Or add any stiffness? 

Yep mine does the same thing, I'm a psychopath and keep it on level 6 and occasionally I'll get ill.6 flashing on and off. I just flick the wheel up and down a few times and it goes away. This last time I tried to position the wheel as close to the center of the switch as I could get it. I haven't had the issue in a month or so.

On 2/16/2024 at 4:11 PM, 310Z said:

I lived in Bellingham for a spring and summer back in 1985 or 6. I built the Simiahmoo golf course in Blane WA and lived in Birch Bay the year prior. I liked the area until the sky turned gray in the fall and it appeared like it stayed that way until spring.

It is pretty out there for sure. I've spent very little time in Bellingham, just to visit family. Being a WA native though the climate is all that I've known.

• Like 1

Put the wheels yesterday to take some photos and take a short drive. The fitment is great. SSR GT7 from 2003-4, 17x7.5-+ 50 offset with 225-45-17. In the photos with a string line dropping from the finder you can see a 2-3 cm gap. 

IMG_8798.jpeg

IMG_8803.jpeg

IMG_8801.jpeg

IMG_8806.jpeg

IMG_8804.jpeg

IMG_8808.jpeg

IMG_8807.jpeg

IMG_8812.jpeg

IMG_8810.jpeg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, BoozeRS05 said:

Does the front crossmember brace replace anything or does it just bolt-in/over the existing front crossmember?

Yes it replaces stock piece, same bolt pattern, the part doesnt bare any weight of the engine either so unbolting with no trouble

. However the control arm brace behind it did not exist and is a total addition

• Thanks 1

On 2/17/2024 at 12:00 AM, SoobyDoobyDoo said:

@Ows Curious to see how much nvh the Cusco braces add, if any? Or add any stiffness? 

cant tell if any additional nvh was added cause the group n mounts already add so much

and may be a placebo effect but i think i feel somehting lol

• Thanks 1

Anybody worked on refreshing their seat covers? My driver side bottom leather seat cover is trash now. I just need a new cover but can't find one. Any solution beside finding a used seat? The 2015+ outback are lucky. They can buy these in black or tan. I am almost tempted to buy one and see if I can make it fit..

Edit: after doing some more searching, it looks like we can still buy the bottom leather seat cover for the passenger side only, not the driver side. Thing is I don't see the difference between the two :confused:.

Edited by xt2005bonbon
  • Like 1

Ya know those days you are glad you are in a narrow, nimble, car with good acceleration. Yesterday was one of those days.

I was driving home on a remote two lane in the LGT. I was behind a new non-turbo Subaru with paper plates and they were behind a motor home. The car in front of me had peeked around the motor home a few time over many miles as if looking to pass but there was traffic coming. So we come to a long straight with no traffic and the car in front of me does not move left to look no blinker so I drop to 4 gear as there is more than a mile that I can see so no need to grab 3. Had I dropped to 3 rd I would have been further around the car when the following occurred.

I was above 3000 RPM in 4 th and went to pass the car in front of me and the motor-home. Just as I am overtaking the car in front of me they turn on their blinker. I saw one blink out of the right corner of the front window as I am accelerating by them. They never looked to the left, never looked in their mirror as the car pulls out to pass the motor-home.

We know how fast our cars accelerate And my right foot is on the floor so you can guess how fast I was going as the car I am along side pulled out to pass. As they pulled into the space I am occupying their front bumper was at about the back of my front passenger door. So luckily there was a 4 foot paved shoulder and I put the LGT's tires at the very edge of the roadway. I was around the Subaru prior to them even getting to the back of the motor-home. Then I was able to put the LGT back in the lane while I proceeded around the motor-home and continued on my way home. Had I been in my truck as I had planned on driving the car would have hit my rock sliders as there would not have been enough room for a full size truck and their car in the space available.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, 310Z said:

Ya know those days you are glad you are in a narrow, nimble, car with good acceleration. Yesterday was one of those days.

I was driving home on a remote two lane in the LGT. I was behind a new non-turbo Subaru with paper plates and they were behind a motor home. The car in front of me had peeked around the motor home a few time over many miles as if looking to pass but there was traffic coming. So we come to a long straight with no traffic and the car in front of me does not move left to look no blinker so I drop to 4 gear as there is more than a mile that I can see so no need to grab 3. Had I dropped to 3 rd I would have been further around the car when the following occurred.

I was above 3000 RPM in 4 th and went to pass the car in front of me and the motor-home. Just as I am overtaking the car in front of me they turn on their blinker. I saw one blink out of the right corner of the front window as I am accelerating by them. They never looked to the left, never looked in their mirror as the car pulls out to pass the motor-home.

We know how fast our cars accelerate And my right foot is on the floor so you can guess how fast I was going as the car I am along side pulled out to pass. As they pulled into the space I am occupying their front bumper was at about the back of my front passenger door. So luckily there was a 4 foot paved shoulder and I put the LGT's tires at the very edge of the roadway. I was around the Subaru prior to them even getting to the back of the motor-home. Then I was able to put the LGT back in the lane while I proceeded around the motor-home and continued on my way home. Had I been in my truck as I had planned on driving the car would have hit my rock sliders as there would not have been enough room for a full size truck and their car in the space available.

Thank goodness you had room to get over and nothing happened…and yes, thank goodness too for the acceleration of our cars. Just got the wife a really nice 2020 outback touring. Fantastic car, love all the options it comes with…but the cvt is a joke. It’s like it has to think about going…Really makes me miss her 5AT in the Tribeca, and makes me appreciate my car that much more. 

6 hours ago, xt2005bonbon said:

Anybody worked on refreshing their seat covers? My driver side bottom leather seat cover is trash now. I just need a new cover but can't find one. Any solution beside finding a used seat? The 2015+ outback are lucky. They can buy these in black or tan. I am almost tempted to buy one and see if I can make it fit..

Edit: after doing some more searching, it looks like we can still buy the bottom leather seat cover for the passenger side only, not the driver side. Thing is I don't see the difference between the two :confused:.

I need to, my drivers side seat seam is splitting…I wouldn’t mind getting new foam in mine, too. There’s a place that does sell seat covers for our cars, but I think it’s only full sets, don’t know that you can buy just one cover or section…😕

Edit:looks like you can get them from Amayama…just be careful since they mostly have rhd parts, but don’t know why a cover would be different?

Check this out: https://www.amayama.com/en/catalogs/subaru/legacy/4-wagon-right-bp-2006-r-1826/body-and-interior-3/front-seat-3235?page=9

Note: parts ending in “JC” are for black interiors, ivory is “WA”. I’ve also seen these pop up on Japan auctions from time to time…

Edited by SoobyDoobyDoo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a full tan interior from a 2009 that I’m willing to part out if it helps anyone.  

• Thanks 1
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

On 2/17/2024 at 8:42 AM, Code said:

Oooo just wait until you wipe down the interior and can’t turn off the parking lights!

Did happen to me I have to admit 😆

• Haha 1

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

18 hours ago, SoobyDoobyDoo said:

Thank goodness you had room to get over and nothing happened…and yes, thank goodness too for the acceleration of our cars. Just got the wife a really nice 2020 outback touring. Fantastic car, love all the options it comes with…but the cvt is a joke. It’s like it has to think about going…Really makes me miss her 5AT in the Tribeca, and makes me appreciate my car that much more. 

I need to, my drivers side seat seam is splitting…I wouldn’t mind getting new foam in mine, too. There’s a place that does sell seat covers for our cars, but I think it’s only full sets, don’t know that you can buy just one cover or section…😕

Edit:looks like you can get them from Amayama…just be careful since they mostly have rhd parts, but don’t know why a cover would be different?

Check this out: https://www.amayama.com/en/catalogs/subaru/legacy/4-wagon-right-bp-2006-r-1826/body-and-interior-3/front-seat-3235?page=9

Note: parts ending in “JC” are for black interiors, ivory is “WA”. I’ve also seen these pop up on Japan auctions from time to time…

Thanks for the link. Obviously the ivory ones are $$$$ :rolleyes:. I may go ahead and buy the passenger side leather cover sold here in the US and see how it goes. But man, it is really tempting to try to fit the newer outback cover I posted yesterday.

• Like 1

I've been rocking poorly done white painted stock wheels for about 18 months now. As warmer temps are approaching and starting a new job, I'm thinking I may finally pull the trigger on golding my OZs. In the meantime, I'm getting really tempted to go gloss black with the stockers. For lolz. For MORE lulz, I'm debating passenger side gloss black, and driver's side rustoleum's finest gloss red. 

I need reason not to. Plz advice. 

1 hour ago, seanyb505 said:

I've been rocking poorly done white painted stock wheels for about 18 months now. As warmer temps are approaching and starting a new job, I'm thinking I may finally pull the trigger on golding my OZs. In the meantime, I'm getting really tempted to go gloss black with the stockers. For lolz. For MORE lulz, I'm debating passenger side gloss black, and driver's side rustoleum's finest gloss red. 

I need reason not to. Plz advice. 

Pls don’t cuz rice. Your white wheels actually look really good on your car (even if they are 20/10 wheels…). If you refinished those white and gold painted the OZs you’d have two really nice sets of wheels…

@xt2005bonbonYeah…the leather covers generally speaking are. You could probably import a set of recaros for the price to recover the stockers. You might try partsouq or an Eu wrecker…

Edited by SoobyDoobyDoo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welp. For the first time in 15 years the Subaru is broke.  Started it up yesterday, dash lights up, CEL, running rough, SMOKE Under the hood!  I shut it down and followed the smoke to my Flex Fuel wiring harness. Something is shorting and melting the wiring. I’ll pull it apart when I get back from work in two weeks. Yay. At least it’s sitting in the garage. 

• Sad 2

51 minutes ago, BoozeRS05 said:

Sounds like you should probably just part it out… Dibs on the turbo, trans, and I’ll take your wheels. Ahh I’ll just take the whole thing 

Maybe.  

hoping I can just fix what I already own.

If not https://www.ibuildracecars.com/store/flx01-upgrade

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobsyouruncl said:

Couple days ago but put coilovers on the car and got some negative camber. Loving them so far. 

PXL_20240208_233557697.jpg

PXL_20240208_232530556.jpg

PXL_20240213_002425515.jpg

PXL_20240213_002434784.jpg

PXL_20240208_231903361.jpg

PXL_20240208_195431338.jpg

PXL_20240208_235654463.jpg

PXL_20240208_195428636.jpg

Dang! Washington….

Those Bilsteins looks pretty damn clean…. 😁

Edited by KZJonny

4 hours ago, Bobsyouruncl said:

Couple days ago but put coilovers on the car and got some negative camber. Loving them so far. 

PXL_20240208_233557697.jpg

PXL_20240208_232530556.jpg

PXL_20240213_002425515.jpg

PXL_20240213_002434784.jpg

PXL_20240208_231903361.jpg

PXL_20240208_195431338.jpg

PXL_20240208_235654463.jpg

PXL_20240208_195428636.jpg

I might be interested in taking those bilsteins off your hands 😀