LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Yeah, Ralph makes good stuff. I have his mirror harness. That said, because I did my own wiring for the JDM HIDs, I have to run some taps for the motors for HIDs, mirrors and my DRLs. Ergo, I'm looking at something like this:

https://www.bluesea.com/products/5025/ST_Blade_Fuse_Block_-_6_Circuits_with_Negative_Bus_and_Cover

Or

https://www.painlessperformance.com/wc/lv.php?sl=70213

bluesea is pretty much the gold standard for off the shelf electrical connections. The next step up is custom or race stuff, which tends to be stupid money unless you find someone willing to fill a perceived need.

Stupid question for people here:

Has anybody had any luck or ideas for running a fuseblock and/or placement? I'm looking for a good way to reliably provide power to some goodies (power folding mirrors, HID levelers and LEDs DRLs).

The 2nd and 3rd generation Mazda RX-7 had a neat battery terminal / fuse block:

s-l64.jpg

It has four fuses (including a 120 amp one, three 30 amp fuses and a 40 amp fuse plus a puller for the 30 amp fuses.

Stupid question for people here:

Has anybody had any luck or ideas for running a fuseblock and/or placement? I'm looking for a good way to reliably provide power to some goodies (power folding mirrors, HID levelers and LEDs DRLs).

A bit involved but I relocated the battery to the trunk then made my own accessory fuse box in the battery’s original location. There’s also a decent amount of room in the driver side fog light area if you can get creative with a bracket.

attachment.php?attachmentid=289067&d=1608672955

attachment.php?attachmentid=289078&d=1608673671

Edited by Underdog

Welp, just sent the order for a new oil pan and coolant crossover pipe. I'm going to ignore the valve covers for now

Anyone got a like new driver headlight sitting around? Mine ever so slightly don't match.

Welp, just sent the order for a new oil pan and coolant crossover pipe. I'm going to ignore the valve covers for now

Anyone got a like new driver headlight sitting around? Mine ever so slightly don't match.

Weren't those my headlights lol? That is why I ordered the Depots!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Weren't those my headlights lol? That is why I ordered the Depots!

Yessir, but those are long gone now. I have a post facelift and should've obviously mentioned I need an 08-09 driver side assembly.

Probably grab a new depo soon, but seeing if there was one sitting on someone's shelf first though.

Ive been tempted to buy any number of "running" lgt over the years in lieu of getting mine running. I'm trying to hold out a little longer

You have hands all around the PNW. I get back into town the 21st. Hoping to replace the clutch and finally get these LGT brakes in that weekend, but after that I'm free. Oct. 1-3 let's get it up and running or in the evenings before then

. It would be nice to have more wagon owners come out to Wagonfest!

MILKRUN  - Click Here

A bit involved but I relocated the battery to the trunk then made my own accessory fuse box in the battery’s original location. There’s also a decent amount of room in the driver side fog light area if you can get creative with a bracket.

Hmm, some ideas but I don't think I'll relocate to the back. May have to drill in and place a fuse block?

You wouldn't happen to own a 2nd or 3rd gen RX-7 would you??

I had a 1988 RX-7 convertible until 2008 (2nd gen). It was a great car for highway cruising but it was a glutton for fluids - fuel, oil, antifreeze, brake fluid, it chugged them all back like a frat boy at a kegger. Then I got the Miata - four horsepower less but 600 pounds less.

<250 tickets left.

Grab one:

https://www.avants.com/events/2021/10-10/wagonfest-2021

I'd like to have a BP-Pre-meet for all of the guys on and off here, in or around the area. I'll be putting invitations together in the next two weeks or so and then sending them out accordingly.

I'll also blast one out in here and the PNW Region thread for anyone I missed on the list.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Oh boy...there is a wagon fest? I'd definitely not like that. Maybe next year i'll fly out to see it...or drive. Speaking of driving, my steering rack rebuild is not looking like it is all that. I am leaking from the driver side boot :spin:. Time to try re-rebuilding it and figure out where i went wrong. Only got 1500 miles. That is what i get for boasting about 'successfully' rebuilding it

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

This will be my first wagonfest without a wagon. I had taken mine to every one before. How sad. Still undecided what to do with the drivetrain and interior on the current car. I’m so reluctant to part it out. But I need to get it torn down and scrap the shell. Just need to get it out the garage.