LegacyGT.com

Beer Snob Thread - Volume 2

jasejase

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a big fan of sours, pils, lagers and stouts time to time. I will drink a pale ale but im sick of the IPA's

Sours are my go-to, I would rather drink a sour than an IPA 10 out of 10 times.

Sours are my go-to, I would rather drink a sour than an IPA 10 out of 10 times.

get your ass up to hill farmstead if you want amazing sours. trillium near you does decent ones most of the time too acidic. Their daily serving fruited sours are really good not a true sour but tasty

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

get your ass up to hill farmstead if you want amazing sours. trillium near you does decent ones most of the time too acidic. Their daily serving fruited sours are really good not a true sour but tasty

Oac too

I can't get into sours, I like real, Hoppy-ass beer. I want bitter to curl my tongue enough to fold it in half along with character-adding flavors. These are my perfect beers.

The EGA was absolutely great today, perfect finish to taking the fam to the beach to celebrate my youngest's fourth bday.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

I will look up farmstead, trillium is like 15 mins from me and every time I go they don't have sours, I will check what they have currently for sale I know sours end up being seasonal for some breweries.I know they mostly have soaks to go which I do not like .

• 2 weeks later...
BBV is a #BIL and #chuglife guy now.

JJ, I got your text but was slammed at the pub all night. Ill get back at ya tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

no im not

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

I love beer. I love good beer. I occasionally go out of my way for it too. I don't have the free time to source it from everywhere, inclusive of trading, waiting in lines, etc etc. But I do enjoy it.

With that being said, I hate the whole hipster bullshit movement surrounding beer. Half of these people would pick a sierra Nevada ipa (or another decent commercially available beer) over a pliny in a blind taste test. Their taste buds are immensely impacted by how hard the beer is to source, as well as the cost.

Sip of Sunshine is a great example of that in New England. Everyone loved it. Had to have it. Drove all over for it. Best beer in the area. Liquor stores would hold it in behind locked doors for only certain people. Rated near perfect on BA. Then it become more commercially available. Now it's the new mic ultra. :lol:

Good beer is good beer. I like trying different ones, sure. But don't shit on beer because it's easy to get, or hard to get. That article is funny. It's bringing the hipster movement full circle. In another few years, all the beer hipsters will ironically be drinking Coors Banquet, to really honor the roots of the American beer culture or some shit like that. :lol:

I love beer. I love good beer. I occasionally go out of my way for it too. I don't have the free time to source it from everywhere, inclusive of trading, waiting in lines, etc etc. But I do enjoy it.

With that being said, I hate the whole hipster bullshit movement surrounding beer. Half of these people would pick a sierra Nevada ipa (or another decent commercially available beer) over a pliny in a blind taste test. Their taste buds are immensely impacted by how hard the beer is to source, as well as the cost.

Sip of Sunshine is a great example of that in New England. Everyone loved it. Had to have it. Drove all over for it. Best beer in the area. Liquor stores would hold it in behind locked doors for only certain people. Rated near perfect on BA. Then it become more commercially available. Now it's the new mic ultra. :lol:

Good beer is good beer. I like trying different ones, sure. But don't shit on beer because it's easy to get, or hard to get. That article is funny. It's bringing the hipster movement full circle. In another few years, all the beer hipsters will ironically be drinking Coors Banquet, to really honor the roots of the American beer culture or some shit like that. :lol:

I thought hipsters embraced PBRs...we used to drink that crap 30 years ago, refillable 16oz brown glass. The bottles were so 'reused' that often the glass would break/chip under the cap...good thing glass sinks!

I thought hipsters embraced PBRs...we used to drink that crap 30 years ago, refillable 16oz brown glass. The bottles were so 'reused' that often the glass would break/chip under the cap...good thing glass sinks!

man how old are you? are you the new KRB? lol

RIP krb :(

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

Sip of Sunshine is still a great beer from what I hear from my IPA friends, last time I looked for it (last year I think, haven't looked for new beers since CV19) the craft beer store and Total Wines near me told me they can barely keep stock for a week of it.

So in other words, what the article is really whining about is that IPAs are still king, which by the way, I said that last year, when BBV and I think JJ claimed they were on their way out. Then I went on to say that IPAs will increase their dominance in the next few years. I'm doubling down on that again right now.

Other than that, I agree that most the beer on the list are overrated and that many of the newer, younger breweries are just flat out making better beer.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

I wonder if that list is just basing their information by area like I would agree Lagunitas and Goose Island but thats more to how often you will see it in bars. Like I feel like once something becomes a lot more commercial, it will def lose some of its appeal and it may not be to the same quality since they have to make soo much more to supply the Friday's and Uno's that are ordering mass quantity of it. Next up being over hyped would be Elysian Space Dust and Stone IPAs, just from an outside point of view, they are at almost every liquor store so their distribution has gone up a lot. But a lot of newer breweries are def making better products as they arent as established and need to make a dent to support themselves. I mean locally to me I know there is a spot with competing breweries right next to each other, though one is open less often than the other, while trillium is a 10-20 mins from both of them.