LegacyGT.com

Beer Snob Thread - Volume 2

jasejase

Marbled Rye by Narrows brewing co is also pretty good, nice hazy with a slight twist, was a smidge on the bitter side even for a hazy IPA, but only in a good way really, makes it stand out from the gobs of other Hazy IPA's out there. Narrows is in Tacoma too, need to go visit that brewery sometime.
I've thoroughly enjoyed everything I've had from Narrows.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've thoroughly enjoyed everything I've had from Narrows.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Just finished their Proctor IPA, pretty decent beer, just getting a good sampling of their hard work., and its very tasty.

result_1565141484063.thumb.jpg.377b409a70a1e257f8a7c669a0b23fe6.jpg

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

• 1 month later...

Hops and Crops Music and Beer Festival at Mary Olsen Farm in Auburn, WA this Saturday from 12pm to 6pm

https://www.wrvmuseum.org/hopsandcrops

Breweries Attending:

Bad Jimmy's brewing • Snoqualmie Falls brewery • Rail Hop'n brewing• Flying Lion brewery• Scamp Brewing • Lumber House Brewery • Acorn Brewing • Dystopian State Brewing • Fremont Brewing • Geaux Brewing • Half Lion Brewing • schilling cider • 20 Corners brewing • soundbite cider

BY3A0088.JPG?format=500w[/url]

Music:

PICKWICK

WILL WEST AND THE FRIENDLY STRANGERS

THE COTTONWOOD CUTUPS

GREAT AMERICAN TRAINWRECK

• 3 weeks later...
i have a buddy coming over later so ill slug back a couple ipas and finish with some stouts. Not sure what yet but I am sick of ipas :lol:

As the weather turns colder I usually switch to darker beers, IPAs are great for spring, summer, fall though.

• 4 weeks later...

Social fermentation by Revision was a great beer. Might be the best NE IPA I've had yet.

Just picked up some Ft George Fields of Green: Crosby Comet, looking forward to trying that latet.

result_1569035354775.thumb.jpg.b4d976416c60223a84d5a0b43d1e9b66.jpg

Edited by DickDastardly00

You should come to the northeast then... :lol:

For other reasons, yes. For beer, probably not :lol:. WA and OR have two of the best craft beer scenes in North America.

As does New England. The craft beer scene isn't that old.... Not like one region really has a lock on it anymore. With the start ups of Lawsons, Trillium, Tree House, Bissell, Foundation, Foley Bros, Burlington Brewing, Hill Farmstead, Maine Beer, & Alchemist... New England has really taken a huge step forward in the beer world.

As does New England. The craft beer scene isn't that old.... Not like one region really has a lock on it anymore. With the start ups of Lawsons, Trillium, Tree House, Bissell, Foundation, Foley Bros, Burlington Brewing, Hill Farmstead, Maine Beer, & Alchemist... New England has really taken a huge step forward in the beer world.

The Beersplosion is still going strong in just about every damn state. I have mad respect for the NE brewing scene, Sam Adams was bringing it in the 90's and hasn't stopped. In fact, I just had their Hazy NE IPA (again) last week, it was on par with what a good hazy should be. Plus it was on sale for $9.99 for a six pack. Good beer doesn't have to be expensive.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/every-state-in-the-us-ranked-by-its-beer-127816752267.html

Not that I buy in to these lists too much but this one has Massachusetts at #10. WA at #5 and OR at #Freaking 1. Personally, I would put Nevada up higher, they literally gave them no love, Besides, Revision is kicking everyone's ass at beer right now. Put any IPA in America against their beer and then watch it get slain. WA is more like #2 maybe #3 in actuality.

IPA Capital = San Diego

Hazy = New England

Revision does great, as do many breweries outside of the above areas at those styles, but the sheer volume of breweries doing those beers at consistently high qualities makes them the hotbed and defining areas for those styles.

Edited by NWSPECB

Think I'm gonna go to Strange Brewfest in Pt Townsend this year

http://strangebrewfestpt.com/

And have some weird beers.

Chocolate Stout with Cocoa puffs thrown in? I'll try it.

Tried Fields Of Green: Crosby Comet, was a nice mix of a classic IPA, piney, very hoppy, but used a Hazy NE IPA as the base, best of both worlds beer.

Edited by DickDastardly00

• 5 weeks later...
Tried Fremont's Fresh hop 2019- Amarillo and Citra, really digging this IPA. Also Elysian's Winter Ale wasn't bad either. It's been awhile since I had a good Stout, maybe that will be next.

• 1 month later...
My Christmas beer this year was Central district IPA by narrows and handshake agreement by Wet Coast, not West, also had Magnificent Bastard Scotch Ale Edited by DickDastardly00