LegacyGT.com

Beer Snob Thread - Volume 2

jasejase

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No more football usually = no more beer for awhile for me. Some people do a dry November, I do a dry late winter/spring (usually).

Oh wait... the XFL starts on Feb 15th :lol:

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

More than a few beers will be required to make the XFL watchable.

That's what I'm thinking too :lol:

I have to say that I'm intrigued though, the rules of the game are entirely designed to keep the action going with as little downtime as possible. NFL games are very long, 3.5 hours on avg, too many commercial breaks, two minute warnings, timeouts, and so on. I mean for 60 minutes of actual football, that's a long time. I think the XFLcould be onto something here by speeding up the game. Hope the NFL takes notes.

I no longer watch the NBA (haven't since the Sonics left), and right now I'm pretty pissed off at Baseball (may not watch anything this year). For those reasons and also because I'm intrigued at what the XFL does, I will at least watch a couple of games.

lol

Pissed at baseball.... He pissed at human nature.

Oh there is always going to be cheaters in sports but what I am more pissed about right now is the lackadaisical attitude towards said cheating by the same athletes who were involved in it and the reluctance of the MLB to punish the little poops. That's what is really grinding my gears. They aren't doing anything about it.

In any sport there needs to be a fair and level playing field for that sport to be viewed as legitimate. I no longer see the Astros world series win as legitimate because they clearly cheated, and probably cheated to get back to them last year "Houston, we have a problem". And it's not being resolved. Yes they got fined for it, whooptyfriggindo

Anyway, back to beer. Drink a couple for me :lol:

Hipster beer hater hassles hipsters, hurls insults, can of lesser bev, and pulls Glock!

https://nypost.com/2020/02/08/craft-beer-hater-pulls-gun-on-people-outside-brooklyns-other-half-brewing-company/

cheers!

"Came out drinking a White Claw"

:lol: That stuff is dangerous, nothing says B@d@ss like drinking a White Claw

Really digging Matchless Brewing co in Tumwater, WA. Tried their Citra plus Idaho 7 Forever IPA and it was really good. That Pilsner malt they used really shined through.

• 4 months later...

looks like Deschutes Brewing released another Abyss series. With covid, getting to my dealer 500 miles away is a pain. Trying to find a local source.

I'm down to a case & half.

Wife buys $60/bottles of ice wine but raises when I buy cases of $20 beer. Marriage cause shooting your foot off hurts more

looks like Deschutes Brewing released another Abyss series. With covid, getting to my dealer 500 miles away is a pain. Trying to find a local source.

I'm down to a case & half.

Wife buys $60/bottles of ice wine but raises when I buy cases of $20 beer. Marriage cause shooting your foot off hurts more

Astoria is far, but a beautiful drive, after drinking that 3-way IPA, I want to move there, I don't care if it's a cardboard box in an alleyway next to the brewery. That stuff is the nectar of the Gods. I'm saving one for a friend, he's stoked.

Had a difference perception on White Claws/Truly, less "chick drink" more "white people" drink. I had Truly before at a concert, wasn't bad. I know this is a beer thread but I been doing Deep Eddy's Lemonade vodka mixed with Ice Tea as my go to summer drink. Edited by Dre617

Tito's and Wegmans lo-cal organic lemonade. I could deal without the organic but it's tasty and light....even lighter with a bunch of the clear juice in it!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Stoked to see Grains of Wrath beer finally made it to my local store. There was at least 3 kinds, I grabbed the Built for Speed, the glass is chilling in the freezer as we speak

Edit, burp that was delicious, exactly as described.

Edited by DickDastardly00

Astoria is far, but a beautiful drive, after drinking that 3-way IPA, I want to move there, I don't care if it's a cardboard box in an alleyway next to the brewery. That stuff is the nectar of the Gods. I'm saving one for a friend, he's stoked.

When I went Bend to pickup racecar parts several years ago, I stopped at the deschutes brew house to imbibe older vintages they dont sell anymore. You had to drink them on site, as not all of them aged well. The two "ancient" Abyss I had were damn smooth.

Ipa? have you tried Black Raven brew house only ipa?

When I went Bend to pickup racecar parts several years ago, I stopped at the deschutes brew house to imbibe older vintages they dont sell anymore. You had to drink them on site, as not all of them aged well. The two "ancient" Abyss I had were damn smooth.

Ipa? have you tried Black Raven brew house only ipa?

Not yet, but I had their Nothing but Haze last night and it was good, had several of their beers too.