LegacyGT.com

Beer Snob Thread - Volume 2

jasejase

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had my first winter ale of the year last night, it was Hopworks Abominable Winter Ale, was pretty decent. I haven't had any off-the-charts (supremely great) beers lately, but a bunch have been very good.

Still looking forward to drinking the Monster Mash hazy IPA by Narrows and Depth Check by them as well.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Depth Check (Narrows) was a very good beer, on par with a higher-end NE IPA theat you'd get from Toppling Goliath or Tree house. This DIPA also checks in at 9%

The Monster Mash also from them was good, but I really enjoyed Backwoods Brewing Co's Face Off even more.

Toprung (Lacey, WA) also has a new fall Harvest Amber Ale. I'll probably hate it because it has Cinnamon, all spice and clove in it, but I bought it anyway.

Edited by DickDastardly00

Had a great IPA from Urban Family that benefits the Seattle Animal shelter, it was appropriately called 'Forever Home'.

Beeradvocate (unrated):

Notes: Dry hopped throughout fermentation with Lemon drop and Centennial hops. Notes of lemon candy create a balanced aroma bouquet of citrus and pine. Benefitting the Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation.

• 3 weeks later...
Stouts are my first love. When I started drinking beer, guinness was my go to. It escalated from there.

I do enjoy the other varieties as well!

I like a good stout now and then but I'm jaded towards them, no idea why except that the first Guinness I ever had was at 16 years old, served at room temperature inside Dirty Nellies Irish pub, located next to Bunratty Castle in Shannon, Ireland in a room full of patrons singing Irish drinking songs, drunken Pianist, standing on tables and all. Kinda hard to top that experience.

08266845523fc49db2d5019890435a09--pub-google-search.jpg

I've come up with an idea, we'll call it Secret Beer Santa, or SBS.

It's where you randomly surprise people with gifts of beer, it does not have to be wrapped and it's better if you can avoid doing so. I'm surprising friends (and possibly neighbors) with some Grains of Wrath, Narrows Brewing, and other assorted local breweries this year.

I've come up with an idea, we'll call it Secret Beer Santa, or SBS.

It's where you randomly surprise people with gifts of beer, it does not have to be wrapped and it's better if you can avoid doing so. I'm surprising friends (and possibly neighbors) with some Grains of Wrath, Narrows Brewing, and other assorted local breweries this year.

Should have fresh can drops up there a few days before xmas.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I remember the days of chasing whales; now I just drink beers.

I chase nothing. :lol:

My buddy told me to enter the lottery.. And I did. I won, oddly.

I got a proxy with ease (with help from a friend), and they shipped it to me.

Everyone wants me to sell it... That's where the work comes in. I have no time to get involved with three different people to sell this thing. Sure, i'd make $300, but the beer itself is also a once in a lifetime opportunity, so i'll likely drink them. There's a couple people in town that have gauged interest. They would be the only people i'd sell to. I have zero interest in raffles, auctions, shipping, etc.

I've never been the person to wait in beer lines, etc etc. I've done like two trades via mail my entire life. That was enough. There's enough solid beer locally for me to be very happy. Especially with 12% Brewing, doing some insane collabs now .

I chase nothing. :lol:

My buddy told me to enter the lottery.. And I did. I won, oddly.

I got a proxy with ease (with help from a friend), and they shipped it to me.

Everyone wants me to sell it... That's where the work comes in. I have no time to get involved with three different people to sell this thing. Sure, i'd make $300, but the beer itself is also a once in a lifetime opportunity, so i'll likely drink them. There's a couple people in town that have gauged interest. They would be the only people i'd sell to. I have zero interest in raffles, auctions, shipping, etc.

I've never been the person to wait in beer lines, etc etc. I've done like two trades via mail my entire life. That was enough. There's enough solid beer locally for me to be very happy. Especially with 12% Brewing, doing some insane collabs now .

Agree.

I will cover shipping send me a ******* bottle since you dont care :lol:

Meeting up with a friend tomorrow to trade beer, he has a bunch of Toppling Goliath and others for me.
We are heading up next Wednesday for can drops by the way. EGA IPA, Dystopia IPA, a little bit of Built for Speed and some Dive Bar Lager.

think you said CRFT was your go-to spot?

We are heading up next Wednesday for can drops by the way. EGA IPA, Dystopia IPA, a little bit of Built for Speed and some Dive Bar Lager.

think you said CRFT was your go-to spot?

It is, in fact that's where I'm meeting my friend tomorrow for the beer trade. We trade beer in the parking lot (after shopping inside the store and picking up some good beer).

Thank you for the heads up, I'll make it a point to head there next Wednesday after work. If there's any left, I really want to try that lager (and buy some extra for friends that are Lager fans). I should really get more Dystopia too, that is one of the best IPA's I've had this year, EGA and Built for Speed are really good too.

It is, in fact that's where I'm meeting my friend tomorrow for the beer trade. We trade beer in the parking lot (after shopping inside the store and picking up some good beer).

Thank you for the heads up, I'll make it a point to head there next Wednesday after work. If there's any left, I really want to try that lager (and buy some extra for friends that are Lager fans). I should really get more Dystopia too, that is one of the best IPA's I've had this year, EGA and Built for Speed are really good too.

They bought each of them, but only 2 or 1 case so maybe see if they can hold some for you next week when you're there tomorrow?